And did those feet
And did those feet is a hymn to the tune of "Jerusalem". The music was written by C. Hubert H. Parry (1848 - 1918) in 1916. the lyrics are by William Blake (1757 - 1827). The hymn is particularly popular in England and is the anthem of British Women's Institute. It is often sung at English weddings.
|And Did Those Feet In Ancient Times - Inspirational Hymns|
- And did those feet in ancient time
- walk upon England’s mountains green?
- And was the holy Lamb of God
- on England’s pleasant pastures seen?
- And did the countenance divine
- shine forth upon our clouded hills?
- And was Jerusalem builded here
- among these dark Satanic Mills?
- Bring me my bow of burning gold!
- Bring me my arrows of desire!
- Bring me my spear! O clouds, unfold!
- Bring me my chariot of fire!
- I will not cease from mental fight,
- nor shall my sword sleep in my hand,
- till we have built Jerusalem
- In England’s green and pleasant Land.
Links and References