|Revelation 20 - Versions
|Revelation 20 Text (WEB)
- I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
- He seized the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole inhabited earth, and bound him for a thousand years,
- and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years were finished. After this, he must be freed for a short time.
- I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as didn't worship the beast nor his image, and didn't receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived, and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
- The rest of the dead didn't live until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
- Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him one thousand years.
- And after the thousand years, Satan will be released from his prison,
- and he will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war; the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
- They went up over the breadth of the earth, and surrounded the camp of the saints, and the beloved city. Fire came down out of heaven from God, and devoured them.
- The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet are also. They will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
- I saw a great white throne, and him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. There was found no place for them.
- I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and they opened books. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged out of the things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- The sea gave up the dead who were in it. Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them. They were judged, each one according to his works.
- Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
- If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
|Revelation 20 Text (Hebrew)
וארא מלאך יורד מן השמים ובידו מפתח התהום וכבל גדול׃
ויתפש את התנין את הנחש הקדמוני הוא המלשין והוא השטן ויאסרהו לאלף שנים׃
וישליכהו בתהום ויסגר בעדו ויחתם עליו למען לא ידיח עוד את הגוים עד כלות אלף השנים ואחרי כן יתר לזמן מצער׃
וארא כסאות וישבו עליהם והמשפט נתן בידם ונפשות ההרוגים על עדות ישוע ועל דבר האלהים ואשר לא השתחוו לחיה ולצלמה ולא קבלו את תוה על מצחותם ועל ידם ויקומו ויחיו וימלכו עם המשיח אלף שנים׃
ושאר המתים לא קמו לחיים עד כלות אלף השנים זאת היא התחיה הראשונה׃
אשרי האיש וקדוש הוא אשר חלקו לקום בתחיה הראשונה באלה לא ישלט המות השני כי אם יהיו כהנים לאלהים ולמשיחו וימלכו אתו אלף שנים׃
ואחרי כלות אלף השנים יתר השטן מבית משמרו׃
ויצא להדיח את הגוים בארבע כנפות הארץ את גוג ומגוג ולקבצם למלחמה אשר מספרם כחול הים׃
ויעלו על מרחבי ארץ ויסבו את מחנה הקדשים ואת העיר החביבה ותרד אש מאת האלהים מן השמים ותאכל אתם׃
והשטן אשר הדיחם השלך באגם אש וגפרית אשר שם גם החיה ונביא השקר ויסרו יומם ולילה לעולמי עולמים׃
וארא כסא לבן וגדול ואת הישב עליו אשר מפניו נסו ארץ ושמים ולא נמצא להם מקום׃
וארא את המתים הקטנים עם הגדלים עמדים לפני הכסא וספרים נפתחים ויפתח ספר אחר אשר הוא ספר החיים וישפטו המתים על פי הכתוב בספרים כמעשיהם׃
ויתן הים את מתיו והמות והשאול נתנו את מתיהם וישפטו איש איש כמעשיהם׃
והמות והשאול השלכו באגם האש והוא המות השני׃
וכל איש אשר לא נמצא כתוב בספר החיים השלך באגם האש׃
|Revelation 20 Text (Latin)
- Et vidi angelum descendentem de cælo, habentem clavem abyssi, et catenam magnam in manu sua.
- Et apprehendit draconem, serpentem antiquum, qui est diabolus, et Satanas, et ligavit eum per annos mille :
- et misit eum in abyssum, et clausit, et signavit super illum ut non seducat amplius gentes, donec consummentur mille anni : et post hæc oportet illum solvi modico tempore.
- Et vidi sedes, et sederunt super eas, et judicium datum est illis : et animas decollatorum propter testimonium Jesu, et propter verbum Dei, et qui non adoraverunt bestiam, neque imaginem ejus, nec acceperunt caracterem ejus in frontibus, aut in manibus suis, et vixerunt, et regnaverunt cum Christo mille annis.
- Ceteri mortuorum non vixerunt, donec consummentur mille anni. Hæc est resurrectio prima.
- Beatus, et sanctus, qui habet partem in resurrectione prima : in his secunda mors non habet potestatem : sed erunt sacerdotes Dei et Christi, et regnabunt cum illo mille annis.
- Et cum consummati fuerint mille anni, solvetur Satanas de carcere suo, et exibit, et seducet gentes, quæ sunt super quatuor angulos terræ, Gog, et Magog, et congregabit eos in prælium, quorum numerus est sicut arena maris.
- Et ascenderunt super latitudinem terræ, et circuierunt castra sanctorum, et civitatem dilectam.
- Et descendit ignis a Deo de cælo, et devoravit eos : et diabolus, qui seducebat eos, missus est in stagnum ignis, et sulphuris, ubi et bestia
- et pseudopropheta cruciabuntur die ac nocte in sæcula sæculorum.
- Et vidi thronum magnum candidum, et sedentem super eum, a cujus conspectu fugit terra, et cælum, et locus non est inventus eis.
- Et vidi mortuos, magnos et pusillos, stantes in conspectu throni, et libri aperti sunt : et alius liber apertus est, qui est vitæ : et judicati sunt mortui ex his, quæ scripta erant in libris, secundum opera ipsorum :
- et dedit mare mortuos, qui in eo erant : et mors et infernus dederunt mortuos suos, qui in ipsis erant : et judicatum est de singulis secundum opera ipsorum.
- Et infernus et mors missi sunt in stagnum ignis. Hæc est mors secunda.
- Et qui non inventus est in libro vitæ scriptus, missus est in stagnum ignis.
|Revelation 20 Text (KJV)
- And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
- And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
- And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
- And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
- But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
- Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
- And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
- And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
- And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
- And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
- And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
- And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
- And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.