| 2 Corinthians 7 - Versions
| 2 Corinthians 7 Text (WEB)
- Having therefore these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- Open your hearts to us. We wronged no one. We corrupted no one. We took advantage of no one.
- I say this not to condemn you, for I have said before, that you are in our hearts to die together and live together.
- Great is my boldness of speech toward you. Great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort. I overflow with joy in all our affliction.
- For even when we had come into Macedonia, our flesh had no relief, but we were afflicted on every side. Fightings were outside. Fear was inside.
- Nevertheless, he who comforts the lowly, God, comforted us by the coming of Titus;
- and not by his coming only, but also by the comfort with which he was comforted in you, while he told us of your longing, your mourning, and your zeal for me; so that I rejoiced still more.
- For though I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it, though I did regret it. For I see that my letter made you sorry, though just for a while.
- I now rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that you were made sorry to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly way, that you might suffer loss by us in nothing.
- For godly sorrow works repentance to salvation, which brings no regret. But the sorrow of the world works death.
- For behold, this same thing, that you were made sorry in a godly way, what earnest care it worked in you. Yes, what defense, indignation, fear, longing, zeal, and vengeance! In everything you demonstrated yourselves to be pure in the matter.
- So although I wrote to you, I wrote not for his cause that did the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered the wrong, but that your earnest care for us might be revealed in you in the sight of God.
- Therefore we have been comforted. In our comfort we rejoiced the more exceedingly for the joy of Titus, because his spirit has been refreshed by you all.
- For if in anything I have boasted to him on your behalf, I was not disappointed. But as we spoke all things to you in truth, so our glorying also which I made before Titus was found to be truth.
- His affection is more abundantly toward you, while he remembers all of your obedience, how with fear and trembling you received him.
- I rejoice that in everything I am confident concerning you.
| 2 Corinthians 7 Text (Hebrew)
- לכן חביבי בהיות לנו ההבטחות האלה נטהרה את עצמנו מכל טמאת בשר ורוח להשלים קדשתנו ביראת אלהים׃
- תנו לנו מקום בלבבכם לא חמסנו איש לא חבלנו איש לא עשקנו איש׃
- לא לחיב אתכם אני מדבר הלא הקדמתי לאמר כי אתם בלבנו יחד למות ויחד לחיות׃
- רב בטחוני עליכם רבה תהלתי בכם מלאתי נחמה שבעתי שמחות בכל לחצנו׃
- כי גם בבאנו אל מקדוניא לא היתה מרגעה לבשרנו רק נלחצנו בכל מחוץ מלחמות ומחדרים אימה׃
- אבל האלהים המנחם את השפלים נחם אתנו בבוא טיטוס׃
- ולא בבאו לבד כי אם גם בנחמה אשר נחם בכם בהגידו לנו את תשוקתכם ואת אבלכם ואת קנאתכם לי ובכן הוספתי לשמוח׃
- כי גם אם העצבתי אתכם באגרת אינני מתחרט גם כי התחרטתי לפני מזה בראותי כי האגרת ההיא העציבה אתכם ואף אם לשעה׃
- עתה אני שמח לא על אשר נעצבתם כי אם על אשר נעצבתם לתשובה כי נעצבתם כרצון אלהים למען לא תשאו נזק במאומה על ידנו׃
- כי העצבת שהיא כרצון אלהים תפעל תשובה לישועה אשר איש לא יתחרט עליה אבל עצבת העולם פעלת את המות׃
- כי ראו נא את אשר נעצבתם כרצון אלהים כמה הביא אתכם זה לידי זריזות גם להתנצלות גם לרגז גם ליראה גם לתשוקה גם לקנאה גם לנקמה ובכל הוכחתם כי נקיים אתם בדבר ההוא׃
- לכן גם אם כתבתי לכם לא כתבתי בעבור העלב ולא בעבור הנעלב רק למען תגלה בכם זריזותנו בעדכם לפני האלהים׃
- ובעבור זאת נחמנו בנחמתכם ועוד שמחה יתרה היתה לנו בשמחת טיטוס כי הונח רוחו על ידי כלכם׃
- כי במה שהתהללתי לפניו בכם לא נכלמתי כי כמו שדברנו הכל אליכם באמת כן גם תהלתנו אל טיטוס היתה אמת׃
- וביותר מעיו המו לכם בזכרו את משמעת כלכם ואת אשר קבלתם אתו ביראה ובחרדה׃
- לכן אני שמח כי בכל דבר יאמץ לבי בכם׃
| 2 Corinthians 7 Text (Latin)
- Has ergo habentes promissiones, carissimi, mundemus nos ab omni inquinamento carnis et spiritus, perficientes sanctificationem in timore Dei.
- Capite nos. Neminem læsimus, neminem corrupimus, neminem circumvenimus.
- Non ad condemnationem vestram dico : prædiximus enim quod in cordibus nostris estis ad commoriendum et ad convivendum.
- Multa mihi fiducia est apud vos, multa mihi gloriatio pro vobis : repletus sum consolatione ; superabundo gaudio in omni tribulatione nostra.
- Nam et cum venissemus in Macedoniam, nullam requiem habuit caro nostra, sed omnem tribulationem passi sumus : foris pugnæ, intus timores.
- Sed qui consolatur humiles, consolatus est nos Deus in adventu Titi.
- Non solum autem in adventu ejus, sed etiam in consolatione, qua consolatus est in vobis, referens nobis vestrum desiderium, vestrum fletum, vestram æmulationem pro me, ita ut magis gauderem.
- Quoniam etsi contristavi vos in epistola, non me pœnitet : etsi pœniteret, videns quod epistola illa (etsi ad horam) vos contristavit,
- nunc gaudeo : non quia contristati estis, sed quia contristati estis ad pœnitentiam. Contristati enim estis ad Deum, ut in nullo detrimentum patiamini ex nobis.
- Quæ enim secundum Deum tristitia est, pœnitentiam in salutem stabilem operatur : sæculi autem tristitia mortem operatur.
- Ecce enim hoc ipsum, secundum Deum contristari vos, quantam in vobis operatur sollicitudinem : sed defensionem, sed indignationem, sed timorem, sed desiderium, sed æmulationem, sed vindictam : in omnibus exhibuistis vos incontaminatos esse negotio.
- Igitur, etsi scripsi vobis, non propter eum qui fecit injuriam, nec propter eum qui passus est : sed ad manifestandam sollicitudinem nostram, quam habemus pro vobis
- coram Deo : ideo consolati sumus. In consolatione autem nostra, abundantius magis gavisi sumus super gaudio Titi, quia refectus est spiritus ejus ab omnibus vobis :
- et si quid apud illum de vobis gloriatus sum, non sum confusus : sed sicut omnia vobis in veritate locuti sumus, ita et gloriatio nostra, quæ fuit ad Titum, veritas facta est,
- et viscera ejus abundantius in vobis sunt, reminiscentis omnium vestrum obedientiam : quomodo cum timore et tremore excepistis illum.
- Gaudeo quod in omnibus confido in vobis.
| 2 Corinthians 7 Text (KJV)
- Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we have defrauded no man.
- I speak not this to condemn you: for I have said before, that ye are in our hearts to die and live with you.
- Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.
- For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.
- Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;
- And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.
- For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
- Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
- For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
- For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
- Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his cause that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto you.
- Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all.
- For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth, even so our boasting, which I made before Titus, is found a truth.
- And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.
- I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.