| Deuteronomy 26 - Versions
| Deuteronomy 26 Text (WEB)
- It shall be, when you are come in to the land which Yahweh your God gives you for an inheritance, and possess it, and dwell therein,
- that you shall take of the first of all the fruit of the ground, which you shall bring in from your land that Yahweh your God gives you; and you shall put it in a basket, and shall go to the place which Yahweh your God shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there.
- You shall come to the priest who shall be in those days, and tell him, "I profess this day to Yahweh your God, that I am come to the land which Yahweh swore to our fathers to give us."
- The priest shall take the basket out of your hand, and set it down before the altar of Yahweh your God.
- You shall answer and say before Yahweh your God, "A Syrian ready to perish was my father; and he went down into Egypt, and lived there, few in number; and he became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous.
- The Egyptians dealt ill with us, and afflicted us, and laid on us hard bondage:
- and we cried to Yahweh, the God of our fathers, and Yahweh heard our voice, and saw our affliction, and our toil, and our oppression;
- and Yahweh brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terror, and with signs, and with wonders;
- and he has brought us into this place, and has given us this land, a land flowing with milk and honey.
- Now, behold, I have brought the first of the fruit of the ground, which you, Yahweh, have given me." You shall set it down before Yahweh your God, and worship before Yahweh your God.
- You shall rejoice in all the good which Yahweh your God has given to you, and to your house, you, and the Levite, and the foreigner who is in the midst of you.
- When you have made an end of tithing all the tithe of your increase in the third year, which is the year of tithing, then you shall give it to the Levite, to the foreigner, to the fatherless, and to the widow, that they may eat within your gates, and be filled.
- You shall say before Yahweh your God, "I have put away the holy things out of my house, and also have given them to the Levite, and to the foreigner, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all your commandment which you have commanded me: I have not transgressed any of your commandments, neither have I forgotten them:
- I have not eaten of it in my mourning, neither have I put away of it, being unclean, nor given of it for the dead: I have listened to the voice of Yahweh my God; I have done according to all that you have commanded me.
- Look down from your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless your people Israel, and the ground which you have given us, as you swore to our fathers, a land flowing with milk and honey."
- This day Yahweh your God commands you to do these statutes and ordinances: you shall therefore keep and do them with all your heart, and with all your soul.
- You have declared Yahweh this day to be your God, and that you would walk in his ways, and keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his ordinances, and listen to his voice:
- and Yahweh has declared you this day to be a people for his own possession, as he has promised you, and that you should keep all his commandments;
- and to make you high above all nations that he has made, in praise, and in name, and in honor; and that you may be a holy people to Yahweh your God, as he has spoken.
| Deuteronomy 26 Text (Hebrew)
- והיה כי־תבוא אל־הארץ אשר יהוה אלהיך נתן לך נחלה וירשתה וישבת בה׃
- ולקחת מראשית כל־פרי האדמה אשר תביא מארצך אשר יהוה אלהיך נתן לך ושמת בטנא והלכת אל־המקום אשר יבחר יהוה אלהיך לשכן שמו שם׃
- ובאת אל־הכהן אשר יהיה בימים ההם ואמרת אליו הגדתי היום ליהוה אלהיך כי־באתי אל־הארץ אשר נשבע יהוה לאבתינו לתת לנו׃
- ולקח הכהן הטנא מידך והניחו לפני מזבח יהוה אלהיך׃
- וענית ואמרת לפני יהוה אלהיך ארמי אבד אבי וירד מצרימה ויגר שם במתי מעט ויהי־שם לגוי גדול עצום ורב׃
- וירעו אתנו המצרים ויענונו ויתנו עלינו עבדה קשה׃
- ונצעק אל־יהוה אלהי אבתינו וישמע יהוה את־קלנו וירא את־ענינו ואת־עמלנו ואת־לחצנו׃
- ויוצאנו יהוה ממצרים ביד חזקה ובזרע נטויה ובמרא גדל ובאתות ובמפתים׃
- ויבאנו אל־המקום הזה ויתן־לנו את־הארץ הזאת ארץ זבת חלב ודבש׃
- ועתה הנה הבאתי את־ראשית פרי האדמה אשר־נתתה לי יהוה והנחתו לפני יהוה אלהיך והשתחוית לפני יהוה אלהיך׃
- ושמחת בכל־הטוב אשר נתן־לך יהוה אלהיך ולביתך אתה והלוי והגר אשר בקרבך׃ ס
- כי תכלה לעשר את־כל־מעשר תבואתך בשנה השלישת שנת המעשר ונתתה ללוי לגר ליתום ולאלמנה ואכלו בשעריך ושבעו׃
- ואמרת לפני יהוה אלהיך בערתי הקדש מן־הבית וגם נתתיו ללוי ולגר ליתום ולאלמנה ככל־מצותך אשר צויתני לא־עברתי ממצותיך ולא שכחתי׃
- לא־אכלתי באני ממנו ולא־בערתי ממנו בטמא ולא־נתתי ממנו למת שמעתי בקול יהוה אלהי עשיתי ככל אשר צויתני׃
- השקיפה ממעון קדשך מן־השמים וברך את־עמך את־ישראל ואת האדמה אשר נתתה לנו כאשר נשבעת לאבתינו ארץ זבת חלב ודבש׃ ס
- היום הזה יהוה אלהיך מצוך לעשות את־החקים האלה ואת־המשפטים ושמרת ועשית אותם בכל־לבבך ובכל־נפשך׃
- את־יהוה האמרת היום להיות לך לאלהים וללכת בדרכיו ולשמר חקיו ומצותיו ומשפטיו ולשמע בקלו׃
- ויהוה האמירך היום להיות לו לעם סגלה כאשר דבר־לך ולשמר כל־מצותיו׃
- ולתתך עליון על כל־הגוים אשר עשה לתהלה ולשם ולתפארת ולהיתך עם־קדש ליהוה אלהיך כאשר דבר׃ ס
| Deuteronomy 26 Text (Latin)
- Cumque intraveris terram, quam Dominus Deus tuus tibi daturus est possidendam, et obtinueris eam, atque habitaveris in ea :
- tolles de cunctis frugibus tuis primitias, et pones in cartallo, pergesque ad locum quem Dominus Deus tuus elegerit, ut ibi invocetur nomen ejus :
- accedesque ad sacerdotem, qui fuerit in diebus illis, et dices ad eum : Profiteor hodie coram Domino Deo tuo, quod ingressus sum in terram, pro qua juravit patribus nostris, ut daret eam nobis.
- Suscipiensque sacerdos cartallum de manu tua, ponet ante altare Domini Dei tui :
- et loqueris in conspectu Domini Dei tui : Syrus persequebatur patrem meum, qui descendit in Ægyptum, et ibi peregrinatus est in paucissimo numero : crevitque in gentem magnam ac robustam et infinitæ multitudinis.
- Afflixeruntque nos Ægyptii, et persecuti sunt, imponentes onera gravissima :
- et clamavimus ad Dominum Deum patrum nostrorum : qui exaudivit nos, et respexit humilitatem nostram, et laborem, atque angustiam :
- et eduxit nos de Ægypto in manu forti, et brachio extento, in ingenti pavore, in signis atque portentis :
- et introduxit ad locum istum, et tradidit nobis terram lacte et melle manantem.
- Et idcirco nunc offero primitias frugum terræ, quam Dominus dedit mihi. Et dimittes eas in conspectu Domini Dei tui, et adorato Domino Deo tuo.
- Et epulaberis in omnibus bonis, quæ Dominus Deus tuus dederit tibi, et domui tuæ, tu et Levites, et advena qui tecum est.
- Quando compleveris decimam cunctarum frugum tuarum, anno decimarum tertio, dabis Levitæ, et advenæ, et pupillo et viduæ, ut comedant intra portas tuas, et saturentur :
- loquerisque in conspectu Domini Deo tui : Abstuli quod sanctificatum est de domo mea, et dedi illud Levitæ et advenæ, et pupillo ac viduæ, sicut jussisti mihi : non præterivi mandata tua, nec sum oblitus imperii tui.
- Non comedi ex eis in luctu meo, nec separavi ea in qualibet immunditia, nec expendi ex his quidquam in re funebri. Obedivi voci Domini Dei mei, et feci omnia sicut præcepisti mihi.
- Respice de sanctuario tuo, et de excelso cælorum habitaculo, et benedic populo tuo Israël, et terræ, quam dedisti nobis, sicut jurasti patribus nostris, terræ lacte et melle mananti.
- Hodie Dominus Deus tuus præcepit tibi ut facias mandata hæc atque judicia : et custodias et impleas ex toto corde tuo, et ex tota anima tua.
- Dominum elegisti hodie, ut sit tibi Deus, et ambules in viis ejus, et custodias cæremonias illius, et mandata atque judicia, et obedias ejus imperio.
- Et Dominus elegit te hodie ut sis ei populus peculiaris, sicut locutus est tibi, et custodias omnia præcepta illius :
- et faciat te excelsiorem cunctis gentibus quas creavit, in laudem, et nomen, et gloriam suam : ut sis populus sanctus Domini Dei tui, sicut locutus est.
| Deuteronomy 26 Text (KJV)
- And it shall be, when thou art come in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and possessest it, and dwellest therein;
- That thou shalt take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which thou shalt bring of thy land that the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name there.
- And thou shalt go unto the priest that shall be in those days, and say unto him, I profess this day unto the LORD thy God, that I am come unto the country which the LORD sware unto our fathers for to give us.
- And the priest shall take the basket out of thine hand, and set it down before the altar of the LORD thy God.
- And thou shalt speak and say before the LORD thy God, A Syrian ready to perish was my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous:
- And the Egyptians evil entreated us, and afflicted us, and laid upon us hard bondage:
- And when we cried unto the LORD God of our fathers, the LORD heard our voice, and looked on our affliction, and our labour, and our oppression:
- And the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders:
- And he hath brought us into this place, and hath given us this land, even a land that floweth with milk and honey.
- And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O LORD, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God:
- And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.
- When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;
- Then thou shalt say before the LORD thy God, I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me: I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them:
- I have not eaten thereof in my mourning, neither have I taken away ought thereof for any unclean use, nor given ought thereof for the dead: but I have hearkened to the voice of the LORD my God, and have done according to all that thou hast commanded me.
- Look down from thy holy habitation, from heaven, and bless thy people Israel, and the land which thou hast given us, as thou swarest unto our fathers, a land that floweth with milk and honey.
- This day the LORD thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
- Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:
- And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;
- And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken.