| Deuteronomy 32 - Versions
| Deuteronomy 32 Text (WEB)
- Give ear, you heavens, and I will speak. Let the earth hear the words of my mouth.
- My doctrine shall drop as the rain. My speech shall condense as the dew, as the small rain on the tender grass, as the showers on the herb.
- For I will proclaim the name of Yahweh. Ascribe greatness to our God!
- The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice: a God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and right is he.
- They have dealt corruptly with him, [they are] not his children, [it is] their blemish. [They are] a perverse and crooked generation.
- Do you thus requite Yahweh, foolish people and unwise? Isn't he your father who has bought you? He has made you, and established you.
- Remember the days of old. Consider the years of many generations. Ask your father, and he will show you; your elders, and they will tell you.
- When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the children of men, he set the bounds of the peoples according to the number of the children of Israel.
- For Yahweh's portion is his people. Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.
- He found him in a desert land, in the waste howling wilderness. He surrounded him. He cared for him. He kept him as the apple of his eye.
- As an eagle that stirs up her nest, that flutters over her young, he spread abroad his wings, he took them, he bore them on his feathers.
- Yahweh alone led him. There was no foreign god with him.
- He made him ride on the high places of the earth. He ate the increase of the field. He caused him to suck honey out of the rock, oil out of the flinty rock;
- Butter of the herd, and milk of the flock, with fat of lambs, rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the finest of the wheat. Of the blood of the grape you drank wine.
- But Jeshurun grew fat, and kicked. You have grown fat. You have grown thick. You have become sleek. Then he forsook God who made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
- They moved him to jealousy with strange [gods]. They provoked him to anger with abominations.
- They sacrificed to demons, [which were] no God, to gods that they didn't know, to new [gods] that came up of late, which your fathers didn't dread.
- Of the Rock who became your father, you are unmindful, and have forgotten God who gave you birth.
- Yahweh saw [it], and abhorred [them], because of the provocation of his sons and his daughters.
- He said, "I will hide my face from them. I will see what their end shall be; for they are a very perverse generation, children in whom is no faithfulness.
- They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God. They have provoked me to anger with their vanities. I will move them to jealousy with those who are not a people. I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
- For a fire is kindled in my anger, Burns to the lowest Sheol, Devours the earth with its increase, and sets the foundations of the mountains on fire.
- "I will heap evils on them. I will spend my arrows on them.
- [They shall be] wasted with hunger, and devoured with burning heat and bitter destruction. I will send the teeth of animals on them, With the poison of crawling things of the dust.
- Outside the sword shall bereave, and in the rooms, terror; on both young man and virgin, The nursing infant with the gray-haired man.
- I said, I would scatter them afar. I would make the memory of them to cease from among men;
- were it not that I feared the provocation of the enemy, lest their adversaries should judge wrongly, lest they should say, 'Our hand is exalted, Yahweh has not done all this.'"
- For they are a nation void of counsel. There is no understanding in them.
- Oh that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!
- How could one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, and Yahweh had delivered them up?
- For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
- For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, of the fields of Gomorrah. Their grapes are grapes of gall, Their clusters are bitter.
- Their wine is the poison of serpents, The cruel venom of asps.
- "Isn't this laid up in store with me, sealed up among my treasures?
- Vengeance is mine, and recompense, at the time when their foot slides; for the day of their calamity is at hand. The things that are to come on them shall make haste."
- For Yahweh will judge his people, and have compassion on his servants, when he sees that [their] power is gone, There is none [remaining], shut up or left at large.
- He will say, "Where are their gods, The rock in which they took refuge;
- Which ate the fat of their sacrifices, And drank the wine of their drink offering? Let them rise up and help you! Let them be your protection.
- "See now that I, even I, am he, There is no god with me. I kill, and I make alive. I wound, and I heal. There is no one who can deliver out of my hand.
- For I lift up my hand to heaven, And say, As I live forever,
- if I whet my glittering sword, My hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to my adversaries, and will recompense those who hate me.
- I will make my arrows drunk with blood. My sword shall devour flesh with the blood of the slain and the captives, from the head of the leaders of the enemy."
- Rejoice, you nations, [with] his people, for he will avenge the blood of his servants. He will render vengeance to his adversaries, And will make expiation for his land, for his people.
- Moses came and spoke all the words of this song in the ears of the people, he and Joshua the son of Nun.
- Moses made an end of speaking all these words to all Israel;
- He said to them, "Set your heart to all the words which I testify to you this day, which you shall command your children to observe to do, [even] all the words of this law.
- For it is no vain thing for you; because it is your life, and through this thing you shall prolong your days in the land, where you go over the Jordan to possess it."
- Yahweh spoke to Moses that same day, saying,
- "Go up into this mountain of Abarim, to Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and see the land of Canaan, which I give to the children of Israel for a possession;
- and die on the mountain where you go up, and be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother died on Mount Hor, and was gathered to his people:
- because you trespassed against me in the midst of the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah of Kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because you didn't sanctify me in the midst of the children of Israel.
- For you shall see the land before you; but you shall not go there into the land which I give the children of Israel."
| Deuteronomy 32 Text (Hebrew)
- האזינו השמים ואדברה ותשמע הארץ אמרי־פי׃
- יערף כמטר לקחי תזל כטל אמרתי כשעירם עלי־דשא וכרביבים עלי־עשב׃
- כי שם יהוה אקרא הבו גדל לאלהינו׃
- הצור תמים פעלו כי כל־דרכיו משפט אל אמונה ואין עול צדיק וישר הוא׃
- שחת לו לא בניו מוםם דור עקש ופתלתל׃
- ה־ליהוה תגמלו־זאת עם נבל ולא חכם הלוא־הוא אביך קנך הוא עשך ויכננך׃
- זכר ימות עולם בינו שנות דור־ודור שאל אביך ויגדך זקניך ויאמרו לך׃
- בהנחל עליון גוים בהפרידו בני אדם יצב גבלת עמים למספר בני ישראל׃
- כי חלק יהוה עמו יעקב חבל נחלתו׃
- ימצאהו בארץ מדבר ובתהו ילל ישמן יסבבנהו יבוננהו יצרנהו כאישון עינו׃
- כנשר יעיר קנו על־גוזליו ירחף יפרש כנפיו יקחהו ישאהו על־אברתו׃
- יהוה בדד ינחנו ואין עמו אל נכר׃
- ירכבהו על־ ארץ ויאכל תנובת שדי וינקהו דבש מסלע ושמן מחלמיש צור׃
- חמאת בקר וחלב צאן עם־חלב כרים ואילים בני־בשן ועתודים עם־חלב כליות חטה ודם־ענב תשתה־חמר׃
- וישמן ישרון ויבעט שמנת עבית כשית ויטש אלוה עשהו וינבל צור ישעתו׃
- יקנאהו בזרים בתועבת יכעיסהו׃
- יזבחו לשדים לא אלה אלהים לא ידעום חדשים מקרב באו לא שערום אבתיכם׃
- צור ילדך תשי ותשכח אל מחללך׃
- וירא יהוה וינאץ מכעס בניו ובנתיו׃
- ויאמר אסתירה פני מהם אראה מה אחריתם כי דור תהפכת המה בנים לא־אמן בם׃
- הם קנאוני בלא־אל כעסוני בהבליהם ואני אקניאם בלא־עם בגוי נבל אכעיסם׃
- כי־אש קדחה באפי ותיקד עד־שאול תחתית ותאכל ארץ ויבלה ותלהט מוסדי הרים׃
- אספה עלימו רעות חצי אכלה־בם׃
- מזי רעב ולחמי רשף וקטב מרירי ושן־בהמות אשלח־בם עם־חמת זחלי עפר׃
- מחוץ תשכל־חרב ומחדרים אימה גם־בחור גם־בתולה יונק עם־איש שיבה׃
- אמרתי אפאיהם אשביתה מאנוש זכרם׃
- לולי כעס אויב אגור פן־ינכרו צרימו פן־יאמרו ידינו רמה ולא יהוה פעל כל־זאת׃
- כי־גוי אבד עצות המה ואין בהם תבונה׃
- לו חכמו ישכילו זאת יבינו לאחריתם׃
- איכה ירדף אחד אלף ושנים יניסו רבבה אם־לא כי־צורם מכרם ויהוה הסגירם׃
- כי לא כצורנו צורם ואיבינו פלילים׃
- כי־מגפן סדם גפנם ומשדמת עמרה ענבמו ענבי־רוש אשכלת מררת למו׃
- חמת תנינם יינם וראש פתנים אכזר׃
- הלא־הוא כמס עמדי חתם באוצרתי׃
- לי נקם ושלם לעת תמוט רגלם כי קרוב יום אידם וחש עתדת למו׃
- כי־ידין יהוה עמו ועל־עבדיו יתנחם כי יראה כי־אזלת יד ואפס עצור ועזוב׃
- ואמר אי אלהימו צור חסיו בו׃
- אשר חלב זבחימו יאכלו ישתו יין נסיכם יקומו ויעזרכם יהי עליכם סתרה׃
- ראו עתה כי אני אני הוא ואין אלהים עמדי אני אמית ואחיה מחצתי ואני ארפא ואין מידי מציל׃
- כי־אשא אל־שמים ידי ואמרתי חי אנכי לעלם׃
- אם־שנותי ברק חרבי ותאחז במשפט ידי אשיב נקם לצרי ולמשנאי אשלם׃
- אשכיר חצי מדם וחרבי תאכל בשר מדם חלל ושביה מראש פרעות אויב׃
- הרנינו גוים עמו כי דם־עבדיו יקום ונקם ישיב לצריו וכפר אדמתו עמו׃ ף
- ויבא משה וידבר את־כל־דברי השירה־הזאת באזני העם הוא והושע בן־נון׃
- ויכל משה לדבר את־כל־הדברים האלה אל־כל־ישראל׃
- ויאמר אלהם שימו לבבכם לכל־הדברים אשר אנכי מעיד בכם היום אשר תצום את־בניכם לשמר לעשות את־כל־דברי התורה הזאת׃
- כי לא־דבר רק הוא םכם כי־הוא חייכם ובדבר הזה תאריכו ימים על־האדמה אשר אתם עברים את־הירדן שמה לרשתה׃ ף
- וידבר יהוה אל־משה בעצם היום הזה לאמר׃
- עלה אל־הר העברים הזה הר־נבו אשר בארץ מואב אשר על־פני ירחו וראה את־ארץ כנען אשר אני נתן לבני ישראל לאחזה׃
- ומת בהר אשר אתה עלה שמה והאסף אל־עמיך כאשר־מת אהרן אחיך בהר ההר ויאסף אל־עמיו׃
- על אשר מעלתם בי בתוך בני ישראל במי־מריבת קדש מדבר־צן על אשר לא־קדשתם אותי בתוך בני ישראל׃
- כי מנגד תראה את־הארץ ושמה לא תבוא אל־הארץ אשר־אני נתן לבני ישראל׃ ף
| Deuteronomy 32 Text (Latin)
- Audite, cæli, quæ loquor : audiat terra verba oris mei.
- Concrescat ut pluvia doctrina mea, fluat ut ros eloquium meum, quasi imber super herbam, et quasi stillæ super gramina.
- Quia nomen Domini invocabo : date magnificentiam Deo nostro.
- Dei perfecta sunt opera, et omnes viæ ejus judicia : Deus fidelis, et absque ulla iniquitate, justus et rectus.
- Peccaverunt ei, et non filii ejus in sordibus : generatio prava atque perversa.
- Hæccine reddis Domino, popule stulte et insipiens ? numquid non ipse est pater tuus, qui possedit te, et fecit, et creavit te ?
- Memento dierum antiquorum, cogita generationes singulas : interroga patrem tuum, et annuntiabit tibi : majores tuos, et dicent tibi.
- Quando dividebat Altissimus gentes, quando separabat filios Adam, constituit terminos populorum juxta numerum filiorum Israël.
- Pars autem Domini, populus ejus : Jacob funiculus hæreditatis ejus.
- Invenit eum in terra deserta, in loco horroris, et vastæ solitudinis : circumduxit eum, et docuit : et custodivit quasi pupillam oculi sui.
- Sicut aquila provocans ad volandum pullos suos, et super eos volitans, expandit alas suas, et assumpsit eum, atque portavit in humeris suis.
- Dominus solus dux ejus fuit, et non erat cum eo deus alienus :
- constituit eum super excelsam terram, ut comederet fructus agrorum : ut sugeret mel de petra, oleumque de saxo durissimo ;
- butyrum de armento, et lac de ovibus cum adipe agnorum, et arietum filiorum Basan : et hircos cum medulla tritici, et sanguinem uvæ biberet meracissimum.
- Incrassatus est dilectus, et recalcitravit : incrassatus, impinguatus, dilatatus, dereliquit Deum factorem suum, et recessit a Deo salutari suo.
- Provocaverunt eum in diis alienis, et in abominationibus ad iracundiam concitaverunt.
- Immolaverunt dæmoniis et non Deo, diis quos ignorabant : novi recentesque venerunt, quos non coluerunt patres eorum :
- Deum qui te genuit dereliquisti, et oblitus es Domini creatoris tui.
- Vidit Dominus, et ad iracundiam concitatus est : quia provocaverunt eum filii sui et filiæ.
- Et ait : Abscondam faciem meam ab eis, et considerabo novissima eorum : generatio enim perversa est, et infideles filii.
- Ipsi me provocaverunt in eo qui non erat Deus, et irritaverunt in vanitatibus suis : et ego provocabo eos in eo qui non est populus, et in gente stulta irritabo illos.
- Ignis succensus est in furore meo, et ardebit usque ad inferni novissima : devorabitque terram cum germine suo, et montium fundamenta comburet.
- Congregabo super eos mala, et sagittas meas complebo in eis.
- Consumentur fame, et devorabunt eos aves morsu amarissimo : dentes bestiarum immittam in eos, cum furore trahentium super terram, atque serpentium.
- Foris vastabit eos gladius, et intus pavor, juvenem simul ac virginem, lactentem cum homine sene.
- Dixi : Ubinam sunt ? cessare faciam ex hominibus memoriam eorum.
- Sed propter iram inimicorum distuli : ne forte superbirent hostes eorum, et dicerent : Manus nostra excelsa, et non Dominus, fecit hæc omnia.
- Gens absque consilio est, et sine prudentia.
- Utinam saperent, et intelligerent, ac novissima providerent.
- Quomodo persequatur unus mille, et duo fugent decem millia ? nonne ideo, quia Deus suus vendidit eos, et Dominus conclusit illos ?
- Non enim est Deus noster ut dii eorum : et inimici nostri sunt judices.
- De vinea Sodomorum, vinea eorum, et de suburbanis Gomorrhæ : uva eorum, uva fellis, et botri amarissimi.
- Fel draconum vinum eorum, et venenum aspidum insanabile.
- Nonne hæc condita sunt apud me, et signata in thesauris meis ?
- Mea est ultio, et ego retribuam in tempore, ut labatur pes eorum : juxta est dies perditionis, et adesse festinant tempora.
- Judicabit Dominus populum suum, et in servis suis miserebitur : videbit quod infirmata sit manus, et clausi quoque defecerunt, residuique consumpti sunt.
- Et dicet : Ubi sunt dii eorum, in quibus habebant fiduciam ?
- de quorum victimis comedebant adipes, et bibebant vinum libaminum : surgant, et opitulentur vobis, et in necessitate vos protegant.
- Videte quod ego sim solus, et non sit alius Deus præter me : ego occidam, et ego vivere faciam : percutiam, et ego sanabo, et non est qui de manu mea possit eruere.
- Levabo ad cælum manum meam, et dicam : Vivo ego in æternum.
- Si acuero ut fulgur gladium meum, et arripuerit judicium manus mea : reddam ultionem hostibus meis, et his qui oderunt me retribuam.
- Inebriabo sagittas meas sanguine, et gladius meus devorabit carnes ; de cruore occisorum, de captivitate, nudati inimicorum capitis.
- Laudate, gentes, populum ejus, quia sanguinem servorum suorum ulciscetur : et vindictam retribuet in hostes eorum, et propitius erit terræ populi sui.
- Venit ergo Moyses, et locutus est omnia verba cantici hujus in auribus populi, ipse et Josue filius Nun.
- Complevitque omnes sermones istos, loquens ad universum Israël,
- et dixit ad eos : Ponite corda vestra in omnia verba, quæ ego testificor vobis hodie : ut mandetis ea filiis vestris custodire et facere, et implere universa quæ scripta sunt legis hujus :
- quia non incassum præcepta sunt vobis, sed ut singuli in eis viverent : quæ facientes longo perseveretis tempore in terra, ad quam, Jordane transmisso, ingredimini possidendam.
- Locutusque est Dominus ad Moysen in eadem die, dicens :
- Ascende in montem istum Abarim, id est, transitum, in montem Nebo, qui est in terra Moab contra Jericho : et vide terram Chanaan, quam ego tradam filiis Israël obtinendam, et morere in monte.
- Quem conscendens jungeris populis tuis, sicut mortuus est Aaron frater tuus in monte Hor, et appositus populis suis :
- quia prævaricati estis contra me in medio filiorum Israël ad aquas contradictionis in Cades deserti Sin : et non sanctificastis me inter filios Israël.
- E contra videbis terram, et non ingredieris in eam, quam ego dabo filiis Israël.
| Deuteronomy 32 Text (KJV)
- Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
- My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:
- Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
- He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
- They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.
- Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?
- Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.
- When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
- For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.
- He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.
- As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:
- So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.
- He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
- Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.
- But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
- They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger.
- They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.
- Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.
- And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters.
- And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
- They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.
- For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
- I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.
- They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.
- The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs.
- I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:
- Were it not that I feared the wrath of the enemy, lest their adversaries should behave themselves strangely, and lest they should say, Our hand is high, and the LORD hath not done all this.
- For they are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them.
- O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!
- How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?
- For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
- For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah: their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter:
- Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.
- Is not this laid up in store with me, and sealed up among my treasures?
- To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.
- For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.
- And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,
- Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.
- See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
- For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
- If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
- I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.
- Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.
- And Moses came and spake all the words of this song in the ears of the people, he, and Hoshea the son of Nun.
- And Moses made an end of speaking all these words to all Israel:
- And he said unto them, Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do, all the words of this law.
- For it is not a vain thing for you; because it is your life: and through this thing ye shall prolong your days in the land, whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.
- And the LORD spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying,
- Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession:
- And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people:
- Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah-Kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel.
- Yet thou shalt see the land before thee; but thou shalt not go thither unto the land which I give the children of Israel.