|Deuteronomy 33 - Versions
|Deuteronomy 33 Text (WEB)
- This is the blessing, with which Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.
- He said, "Yahweh came from Sinai, And rose from Seir to them. He shone forth from Mount Paran. He came from the ten thousands of holy ones. At his right hand was a fiery law for them.
- Yes, he loves the people. All his saints are in your hand. They sat down at your feet; [Everyone] shall receive of your words.
- Moses commanded us a law, An inheritance for the assembly of Jacob.
- He was king in Jeshurun, When the heads of the people were gathered, All the tribes of Israel together.
- "Let Reuben live, and not die; Nor let his men be few."
- This is [the blessing] of Judah: and he said, "Hear, Yahweh, the voice of Judah. Bring him in to his people. With his hands he contended for himself. You shall be a help against his adversaries."
- Of Levi he said, "Your Thummim and your Urim are with your godly one, whom you proved at Massah, with whom you strove at the waters of Meribah;
- who said of his father, and of his mother, 'I have not seen him;' Neither did he acknowledge his brothers, Nor did he know his own children: For they have observed your word, and keep your covenant.
- They shall teach Jacob your ordinances, and Israel your law. They shall put incense before you, and whole burnt offering on your altar.
- Yahweh, bless his substance. Accept the work of his hands. Strike through the hips of those who rise up against him, of those who hate him, that they not rise again."
- Of Benjamin he said, "The beloved of Yahweh shall dwell in safety by him. He covers him all the day long. He dwells between his shoulders."
- Of Joseph he said, "His land is blessed by Yahweh, for the precious things of the heavens, for the dew, for the deep that couches beneath,
- for the precious things of the fruits of the sun, for the precious things of the growth of the moons,
- for the chief things of the ancient mountains, for the precious things of the everlasting hills,
- for the precious things of the earth and its fullness, the good will of him who lived in the bush. Let [the blessing] come on the head of Joseph, On the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers.
- The firstborn of his herd, majesty is his. His horns are the horns of the wild ox. With them he shall push the peoples all of them, [even] the ends of the earth: They are the ten thousands of Ephraim. They are the thousands of Manasseh."
- Of Zebulun he said, "Rejoice, Zebulun, in your going out; and Issachar, in your tents.
- They shall call the peoples to the mountain. There they will offer sacrifices of righteousness, for they shall draw out the abundance of the seas, the hidden treasures of the sand."
- Of Gad he said, "He who enlarges Gad is blessed. He dwells as a lioness, and tears the arm, yes, the crown of the head.
- He provided the first part for himself, for there was the lawgiver's portion reserved. He came [with] the heads of the people. He executed the righteousness of Yahweh, His ordinances with Israel."
- Of Dan he said, "Dan is a lion's cub that leaps out of Bashan."
- Of Naphtali he said, "Naphtali, satisfied with favor, full of the blessing of Yahweh, Possess the west and the south."
- Of Asher he said, "Asher is blessed with children. Let him be acceptable to his brothers. Let him dip his foot in oil.
- Your bars shall be iron and brass. As your days, so your strength will be.
- "There is none like God, Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens for your help, In his excellency on the skies.
- The eternal God is [your] dwelling place. Underneath are the everlasting arms. He thrust out the enemy from before you, and said, 'Destroy!'
- Israel dwells in safety; the fountain of Jacob alone, In a land of grain and new wine. Yes, his heavens drop down dew.
- You are happy, Israel. Who is like you, a people saved by Yahweh, the shield of your help, the sword of your excellency! Your enemies shall submit themselves to you. You shall tread on their high places."
|Deuteronomy 33 Text (Hebrew)
- וזאת הברכה אשר ברך משה איש האלהים את־בני ישראל לפני מותו׃
- ויאמר יהוה מסיני בא וזרח משעיר למו הופיע מהר פארן ואתה מרבבת קדש מימינו למו׃
- אף חבב עמים כל־קדשיו בידך והם תכו לרגלך ישא מדברתיך׃
- תורה צוה־לנו משה מורשה קהלת יעקב׃
- ויהי בישרון מלך בהתאסף ראשי עם יחד שבטי ישראל׃
- יחי ראובן ואל־ימת ויהי מתיו מספר׃ ס
- וזאת ליהודה ויאמר שמע יהוה קול יהודה ואל־עמו תביאנו ידיו רב לו ועזר מצריו תהיה׃ ס
- וללוי אמר תמיך ואוריך לאיש חסידך אשר נסיתו במסה תריבהו על־מי מריבה׃
- האמר לאביו ולאמו לא ראיתיו ואת־אחיו לא הכיר ואת־ לא ידע כי שמרו אמרתך ובריתך ינצרו׃
- יורו משפטיך ליעקב ותורתך לישראל ישימו קטורה באפך וכליל על־מזבחך׃
- ברך יהוה חילו ופעל ידיו תרצה מחץ מתנים קמיו ומשנאיו מן־יקומון׃ ס
- לבנימן אמר ידיד יהוה ישכן לבטח עליו חףף עליו כל־היום ובין כתיפיו שכן׃ ס
- וליוסף אמר מברכת יהוה ארצו ממגד שמים מטל ומתהום רבצת תחת׃
- וממגד תבואת שמש וממגד גרש ירחים׃
- ומראש הררי־קדם וממגד גבעות עולם׃
- וממגד ארץ ומלאה ורצון שכני סנה תבואתה לראש יוסף ולקדקד נזיר אחיו׃
- בכור שורו הדר לו וקרני ראם קרניו בהם עמים ינגח יחדו אפסי־ארץ והם רבבות אפרים והם אלפי מנשה׃ ס
- ולזבולן אמר שמח זבולן בצאתך ויששכר באהליך׃
- עמים הר־יקראו שם יזבחו זבחי־צדק כי שפע ימים יינקו ושפוני טמוני חול׃ ס
- ולגד אמר ברוך מרחיב גד כלביא שכן וטרף זרוע אף־קדקד׃
- וירא ראשית לו כי־שם חלקת מחקק ספון ויתא ראשי עם צדקת יהוה עשה ומשפטיו עם־ישראל׃ ס
- ולדן אמר דן גור אריה יזנק מן־הבשן׃
- ולנפתלי אמר נפתלי שבע רצון ומלא ברכת יהוה ים ודרום ירשה׃ ס
- ולאשר אמר ברוך מבנים אשר יהי רצוי אחיו וטבל בשמן רגלו׃
- ברזל ונחשת מנעליך וכימיך דבאך׃
- אין כאל ישרון רכב שמים בעזרך ובגאותו שחקים׃
- מענה אלהי קדם ומתחת זרעת עולם ויגרש מפניך אויב ויאמר השמד׃
- וישכן ישראל בטח בדד עין יעקב אל־ארץ דגן ותירוש אף־שמיו יערפו טל׃
- אשריך ישראל מי כמוך עם נושע ביהוה מגן עזרך ואשר־חרב גאותך ויכחשו איביך לך ואתה על־במותימו תדרך׃ ס
|Deuteronomy 33 Text (Latin)
- Hæc est benedictio, qua benedixit Moyses, homo Dei, filiis Israël ante mortem suam.
- Et ait : Dominus de Sinai venit, et de Seir ortus est nobis : apparuit de monte Pharan, et cum eo sanctorum millia. In dextera ejus ignea lex.
- Dilexit populos, omnes sancti in manu illius sunt : et qui appropinquant pedibus ejus, accipient de doctrina illius.
- Legem præcepit nobis Moyses, hæreditatem multitudinis Jacob.
- Erit apud rectissimum rex, congregatis principibus populi cum tribubus Israël.
- Vivat Ruben, et non moriatur, et sit parvus in numero.
- Hæc est Judæ benedicio : Audi, Domine, vocem Judæ, et ad populum suum introduc eum : manus ejus pugnabunt pro eo, et adjutor illius contra adversarios ejus erit.
- Levi quoque ait : Perfectio tua, et doctrina tua viro sancto tuo, quem probasti in tentatione, et judicasti ad aquas contradictionis.
- Qui dixit patri suo et matri suæ : Nescio vos : et fratribus suis : Ignoro vos : et nescierunt filios suos. Hi custodierunt eloquium tuum, et pactum tuum servaverunt.
- Judicia tua, o Jacob, et legem tuam, o Israël : ponent thymiama in furore tuo, et holocaustum super altare tuum.
- Benedic, Domine, fortitudini ejus : et opera manuum illius suscipe. Percute dorsa inimicorum ejus : et qui oderunt eum, non consurgant.
- Et Benjamin ait : Amantissimus Domini habitabit confidenter in eo : quasi in thalamo tota die morabitur, et inter humeros illius requiescet.
- Joseph quoque ait : De benedictione Domini terra ejus, de pomis cæli, et rore, atque abysso subjacente.
- De pomis fructuum solis ac lunæ,
- de vertice antiquorum montium, de pomis collium æternorum :
- et de frugibus terræ, et de plenitudine ejus. Benedictio illius qui apparuit in rubo, veniat super caput Joseph, et super verticem nazaræi inter fratres suos.
- Quasi primogeniti tauri pulchritudo ejus, cornua rhinocerotis cornua illius : in ipsis ventilabit gentes usque ad terminos terræ. Hæ sunt multitudines Ephraim : et hæc millia Manasse.
- Et Zabulon ait : Lætare, Zabulon, in exitu tuo, et Issachar in tabernaculis tuis.
- Populos vocabunt ad montem : ibi immolabunt victimas justitiæ. Qui inundationem maris quasi lac sugent, et thesauros absconditos arenarum.
- Et Gad ait : Benedictus in latitudine Gad : quasi leo requievit, cepitque brachium et verticem.
- Et vidit principatum suum, quod in parte sua doctor esset repositus : qui fuit cum principibus populi, et fecit justitias Domini, et judicium suum cum Israël.
- Dan quoque ait : Dan catulus leonis, fluet largiter de Basan.
- Et Nephthali dixit : Nephthali abundantia perfruetur, et plenus erit benedictionibus Domini : mare et meridiem possidebit.
- Aser quoque ait : Benedictus in filiis Aser, sit placens fratribus suis, et tingat in oleo pedem suum :
- ferrum et æs calceamentum ejus. Sicut dies juventutis tuæ, ita et senectus tua.
- Non est deus alius ut Deus rectissimi , ascensor cæli, auxiliator tuus. Magnificentia ejus discurrunt nubes,
- habitaculum ejus sursum, et subter brachia sempiterna ejiciet a facie tua inimicum, dicetque : Conterere.
- Habitabit Israël confidenter, et solus. Oculus Jacob in terra frumenti et vini, cælique caligabunt rore.
- Beatus es tu, Israël : quis similis tui, popule, qui salvaris in Domino ? Scutum auxilii tui, et gladius gloriæ tuæ : negabunt te inimici tui, et tu eorum colla calcabis.
|Deuteronomy 33 Text (KJV)
- And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.
- And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.
- Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.
- Moses commanded us a law, even the inheritance of the congregation of Jacob.
- And he was king in Jeshurun, when the heads of the people and the tribes of Israel were gathered together.
- Let Reuben live, and not die; and let not his men be few.
- And this is the blessing of Judah: and he said, Hear, LORD, the voice of Judah, and bring him unto his people: let his hands be sufficient for him; and be thou an help to him from his enemies.
- And of Levi he said, Let thy Thummim and thy Urim be with thy holy one, whom thou didst prove at Massah, and with whom thou didst strive at the waters of Meribah;
- Who said unto his father and to his mother, I have not seen him; neither did he acknowledge his brethren, nor knew his own children: for they have observed thy word, and kept thy covenant.
- They shall teach Jacob thy judgments, and Israel thy law: they shall put incense before thee, and whole burnt sacrifice upon thine altar.
- Bless, LORD, his substance, and accept the work of his hands: smite through the loins of them that rise against him, and of them that hate him, that they rise not again.
- And of Benjamin he said, The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders.
- And of Joseph he said, Blessed of the LORD be his land, for the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that coucheth beneath,
- And for the precious fruits brought forth by the sun, and for the precious things put forth by the moon,
- And for the chief things of the ancient mountains, and for the precious things of the lasting hills,
- And for the precious things of the earth and fulness thereof, and for the good will of him that dwelt in the bush: let the blessing come upon the head of Joseph, and upon the top of the head of him that was separated from his brethren.
- His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.
- And of Zebulun he said, Rejoice, Zebulun, in thy going out; and, Issachar, in thy tents.
- They shall call the people unto the mountain; there they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness: for they shall suck of the abundance of the seas, and of treasures hid in the sand.
- And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and teareth the arm with the crown of the head.
- And he provided the first part for himself, because there, in a portion of the lawgiver, was he seated; and he came with the heads of the people, he executed the justice of the LORD, and his judgments with Israel.
- And of Dan he said, Dan is a lion's whelp: he shall leap from Bashan.
- And of Naphtali he said, O Naphtali, satisfied with favour, and full with the blessing of the LORD: possess thou the west and the south.
- And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.
- Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.
- There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.
- The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.
- Israel then shall dwell in safety alone: the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also his heavens shall drop down dew.
- Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.