| Exodus 15 - Versions
| Exodus 15 Text (WEB)
- Then Moses and the children of Israel sang this song to Yahweh, and said, "I will sing to Yahweh, for he has triumphed gloriously. The horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.
- Yah is my strength and song. He has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise him; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
- Yahweh is a man of war. Yahweh is his name.
- He has cast Pharaoh's chariots and his army into the sea. His chosen captains are sunk in the Red Sea.
- The deeps cover them. They went down into the depths like a stone.
- Your right hand, Yahweh, is glorious in power. Your right hand, Yahweh, dashes the enemy in pieces.
- In the greatness of your excellency, you overthrow those who rise up against you. You send forth your wrath. It consumes them as stubble.
- With the blast of your nostrils, the waters were piled up. The floods stood upright as a heap. The deeps were congealed in the heart of the sea.
- The enemy said, 'I will pursue. I will overtake. I will divide the spoil. My desire shall be satisfied on them. I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.'
- You blew with your wind. The sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters.
- Who is like you, Yahweh, among the gods? Who is like you, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
- You stretched out your right hand. The earth swallowed them.
- "You, in your loving kindness, have led the people that you have redeemed. You have guided them in your strength to your holy habitation.
- The peoples have heard. They tremble. Pangs have taken hold on the inhabitants of Philistia.
- Then the chiefs of Edom were dismayed. Trembling takes hold of the mighty men of Moab. All the inhabitants of Canaan are melted away.
- Terror and dread falls on them. By the greatness of your arm they are as still as a stone-- until your people pass over, Yahweh, until the people pass over who you have purchased.
- You shall bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of your inheritance, the place, Yahweh, which you have made for yourself to dwell in; the sanctuary, Lord, which your hands have established.
- Yahweh shall reign forever and ever."
- For the horses of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and Yahweh brought back the waters of the sea on them; but the children of Israel walked on dry land in the midst of the sea.
- Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a tambourine in her hand; and all the women went out after her with tambourines and with dances.
- Miriam answered them, "Sing to Yahweh, for he has triumphed gloriously. The horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea."
- Moses led Israel onward from the Red Sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.
- When they came to Marah, they couldn't drink from the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore its name was called Marah.
- The people murmured against Moses, saying, "What shall we drink?"
- Then he cried to Yahweh. Yahweh showed him a tree, and he threw it into the waters, and the waters were made sweet. There he made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there he tested them;
- and he said, "If you will diligently listen to the voice of Yahweh your God, and will do that which is right in his eyes, and will pay attention to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you, which I have put on the Egyptians; for I am Yahweh who heals you."
- They came to Elim, where there were twelve springs of water, and seventy palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.
| Exodus 15 Text (Hebrew)
- אז ישיר־משה ובני ישראל את־השירה הזאת ליהוה ויאמרו לאמר אשירה ליהוה כי־גאה גאה סוס ורכבו רמה בים׃
- עזי וזמרת יה ויהי־לי לישועה זה אלי ואנוהו אלהי אבי וארממנהו׃
- יהוה איש מלחמה יהוה שמו׃
- מרכבת פרעה וחילו ירה בים ומבחר שלשיו טבעו בים־סוף׃
- תהמת יכסימו ירדו במצולת כמו־אבן׃
- ימינך יהוה נאדרי בכח ימינך יהוה תרעץ אויב׃
- וברב גאונך תהרס קמיך תשלח חרנך יאכלמו כקש׃
- וברוח אפיך נערמו מים נצבו כמו־נד נזלים קפאו תהמת בלב־ים׃
- אמר אויב ארדף אשיג אחלק שלל תמלאמו נפשי אריק חרבי תורישמו ידי׃
- נשפת ברוחך כסמו ים צללו כעופרת במים אדירים׃
- מי־כמכה באלם יהוה מי כמכה נאדר בקדש נורא תהלת עשה פלא׃
- נטית ימינך תבלעמו ארץ׃
- נחית בחסדך עם־זו גאלת נהלת בעזך אל־נוה קדשך׃
- שמעו עמים ירגזון חיל אחז ישבי פלשת׃
- אז נבהלו אלופי אדום אילי מואב יאחזמו רעד נמגו כל ישבי כנען׃
- תפל עליהם אימתה ופחד בגדל זרועך ידמו כאבן עד־יעבר עמך יהוה עד־יעבר עם־זו קנית׃
- תבאמו ותטעמו בהר נחלתך מכון לשבתך פעלת יהוה מקדש אדני כוננו ידיך׃
- יהוה ימלך לעלם ועד׃
- כי בא סוס פרעה ברכבו ובפרשיו בים וישב יהוה עלהם את־מי הים ובני ישראל הלכו ביבשה בתוך הים׃ ף
- ותקח מרים הנביאה אחות אהרן את־התף בידה ותצאן כל־הנשים אחריה בתפים ובמחלת׃
- ותען להם מרים שירו ליהוה כי־גאה גאה סוס ורכבו רמה בים׃ ס
- ויסע משה את־ישראל מים־סוף ויצאו אל־מדבר־שור וילכו שלשת־ימים במדבר ולא־מצאו מים׃
- ויבאו מרתה ולא יכלו לשתת מים ממרה כי מרים הם על־כן קרא־שמה מרה׃
- וילנו העם על־משה לאמר מה־נשתה׃
- ויצעק אל־יהוה ויורהו יהוה עץ וישלך אל־המים וימתקו המים שם שם לו חק ומשפט ושם נסהו׃
- ויאמר אם־שמוע תשמע לקול יהוה אלהיך והישר בעיניו תעשה והאזנת למצותיו ושמרת כל־חקיו כל־המחלה אשר־שמתי במצרים לא־אשים עליך כי אני יהוה רפאך׃ ס
- ויבאו אילמה ושם שתים עשרה עינת מים ושבעים תמרים ויחנו־שם על־המים׃
| Exodus 15 Text (Latin)
- Tunc cecinit Moyses et filii Israël carmen hoc Domino, et dixerunt : Cantemus Domino : gloriose enim magnificatus est, equum et ascensorem dejecit in mare.
- Fortitudo mea, et laus mea Dominus, et factus est mihi in salutem : iste Deus meus, et glorificabo eum : Deus patris mei, et exaltabo eum.
- Dominus quasi vir pugnator, Omnipotens nomen ejus,
- currus Pharaonis et exercitum ejus projecit in mare : electi principes ejus submersi sunt in mari Rubro.
- Abyssi operuerunt eos ; descenderunt in profundum quasi lapis.
- Dextera tua, Domine, magnificata est in fortitudine : dextera tua, Domine, percussit inimicum.
- Et in multitudine gloriæ tuæ deposuisti adversarios tuos : misisti iram tuam, quæ devoravit eos sicut stipulam.
- Et in spiritu furoris tui congregatæ sunt aquæ : stetit unda fluens, congregata sunt abyssi in medio mari.
- Dixit inimicus : Persequar et comprehendam, dividam spolia, implebitur anima mea : evaginabo gladium meum, interficiet eos manus mea.
- Flavit spiritus tuus, et operuit eos mare : submersi sunt quasi plumbum in aquis vehementibus.
- Quis similis tui in fortibus, Domine ? quis similis tui, magnificus in sanctitate, terribilis atque laudabilis, faciens mirabilia ?
- Extendisti manum tuam, et devoravit eos terra.
- Dux fuisti in misericordia tua populo quem redemisti : et portasti eum in fortitudine tua, ad habitaculum sanctum tuum.
- Ascenderunt populi, et irati sunt : dolores obtinuerunt habitatores Philisthiim.
- Tunc conturbati sunt principes Edom, robustos Moab obtinuit tremor : obriguerunt omnes habitatores Chanaan.
- Irruat super eos formido et pavor, in magnitudine brachii tui : fiant immobiles quasi lapis, donec pertranseat populus tuus, Domine, donec pertranseat populus tuus iste, quem possedisti.
- Introduces eos, et plantabis in monte hæreditatis tuæ, firmissimo habitaculo tuo quod operatus es, Domine : sanctuarium tuum, Domine, quod firmaverunt manus tuæ.
- Dominus regnabit in æternum et ultra.
- Ingressus est enim eques Pharao cum curribus et equitibus ejus in mare : et reduxit super eos Dominus aquas maris : filii autem Israël ambulaverunt per siccum in medio ejus.
- Sumpsit ergo Maria prophetissa, soror Aaron, tympanum in manu sua : egressæque sunt omnes mulieres post eam cum tympanis et choris,
- quibus præcinebat, dicens : Cantemus Domino, gloriose enim magnificatus est : equum et ascensorem ejus dejecit in mare.
- Tulit autem Moyses Israël de mari Rubro, et egressi sunt in desertum Sur : ambulaveruntque tribus diebus per solitudinem, et non inveniebant aquam.
- Et venerunt in Mara, nec poterant bibere aquas de Mara, eo quod essent amaræ : unde et congruum loco nomen imposuit, vocans illum Mara, id est, amaritudinem.
- Et murmuravit populus contra Moysen, dicens : Quid bibemus ?
- At ille clamavit ad Dominum, qui ostendit ei lignum : quod cum misisset in aquas, in dulcedinem versæ sunt : ibi constituit ei præcepta, atque judicia, et ibi tentavit eum,
- dicens : Si audieris vocem Domini Dei tui, et quod rectum est coram eo feceris, et obedieris mandatis ejus, custodierisque omnia præcepta illius, cunctum languorem, quem posui in Ægypto, non inducam super te : ego enim Dominus sanator tuus.
- Venerunt autem in Elim filii Israël, ubi erant duodecim fontes aquarum, et septuaginta palmæ : et castrametati sunt juxta aquas.
| Exodus 15 Text (KJV)
- Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
- The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
- The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
- Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.
- The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.
- Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.
- And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble.
- And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.
- The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.
- Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters.
- Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
- Thou stretchedst out thy right hand, the earth swallowed them.
- Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation.
- The people shall hear, and be afraid: sorrow shall take hold on the inhabitants of Palestina.
- Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away.
- Fear and dread shall fall upon them; by the greatness of thine arm they shall be as still as a stone; till thy people pass over, O LORD, till the people pass over, which thou hast purchased.
- Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the Sanctuary, O Lord, which thy hands have established.
- The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.
- For the horse of Pharaoh went in with his chariots and with his horsemen into the sea, and the LORD brought again the waters of the sea upon them; but the children of Israel went on dry land in the midst of the sea.
- And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.
- And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
- So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.
- And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
- And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
- And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
- And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
- And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.