|Genesis 46 - Versions
|Genesis 46 Text (WEB)
- Israel traveled with all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices to the God of his father, Isaac.
- God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, "Jacob, Jacob!" He said, "Here I am."
- He said, "I am God, the God of your father. Don't be afraid to go down into Egypt, for there I will make of you a great nation.
- I will go down with you into Egypt. I will also surely bring you up again. Joseph will close your eyes."
- Jacob rose up from Beersheba, and the sons of Israel carried Jacob, their father, their little ones, and their wives, in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent to carry him.
- They took their livestock, and their goods, which they had gotten in the land of Canaan, and came into Egypt--Jacob, and all his seed with him,
- his sons, and his sons' sons with him, his daughters, and his sons' daughters, and he brought all his seed with him into Egypt.
- These are the names of the children of Israel, who came into Egypt, Jacob and his sons: Reuben, Jacob's firstborn.
- The sons of Reuben: Hanoch, Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi.
- The sons of Simeon: Jemuel, Jamin, Ohad, Jachin, Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanite woman.
- The sons of Levi: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
- The sons of Judah: Er, Onan, Shelah, Perez, and Zerah; but Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan. The sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul.
- The sons of Issachar: Tola, Puvah, Iob, and Shimron.
- The sons of Zebulun: Sered, Elon, and Jahleel.
- These are the sons of Leah, whom she bore to Jacob in Paddan Aram, with his daughter Dinah. All the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty-three.
- The sons of Gad: Ziphion, Haggi, Shuni, Ezbon, Eri, Arodi, and Areli.
- The sons of Asher: Imnah, Ishvah, Ishvi, Beriah, and Serah their sister. The sons of Beriah: Heber and Malchiel.
- These are the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah, his daughter, and these she bore to Jacob, even sixteen souls.
- The sons of Rachel, Jacob's wife: Joseph and Benjamin.
- To Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manasseh and Ephraim, whom Asenath, the daughter of Potiphera, priest of On, bore to him.
- The sons of Benjamin: Bela, Becher, Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ehi, Rosh, Muppim, Huppim, and Ard.
- These are the sons of Rachel, who were born to Jacob: all the souls were fourteen.
- The son of Dan: Hushim.
- The sons of Naphtali: Jahzeel, Guni, Jezer, and Shillem.
- These are the sons of Bilhah, whom Laban gave to Rachel, his daughter, and these she bore to Jacob: all the souls were seven.
- All the souls who came with Jacob into Egypt, who were his direct descendants, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls were sixty-six.
- The sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls. All the souls of the house of Jacob, who came into Egypt, were seventy.
- He sent Judah before him to Joseph, to show the way before him to Goshen, and they came into the land of Goshen.
- Joseph prepared his chariot, and went up to meet Israel, his father, in Goshen. He presented himself to him, and fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while.
- Israel said to Joseph, "Now let me die, since I have seen your face, that you are still alive."
- Joseph said to his brothers, and to his father's house, "I will go up, and speak with Pharaoh, and will tell him, 'My brothers, and my father's house, who were in the land of Canaan, have come to me.
- These men are shepherds, for they have been keepers of livestock, and they have brought their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have.'
- It will happen, when Pharaoh summons you, and will say, 'What is your occupation?'
- that you shall say, 'Your servants have been keepers of livestock from our youth even until now, both we, and our fathers:' that you may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination to the Egyptians."
|Genesis 46 Text (Hebrew)
- ויסע ישראל וכל־אשר־לו ויבא בארה שבע ויזבח זבחים לאלהי אביו יצחק׃
- ויאמר אלהים לישראל במראת הלילה ויאמר יעקב יעקב ויאמר הנני׃
- ויאמר אנכי האל אלהי אביך אל־תירא מרדה מצרימה כי־לגוי גדול אשימך שם׃
- אנכי ארד עמך מצרימה ואנכי אעלך גם־עלה ויוסף ישית ידו על־עיניך׃
- ויקם יעקב מבאר שבע וישאו בני־ישראל את־יעקב אביהם ואת־טפם ואת־נשיהם בעגלות אשר־שלח פרעה לשאת אתו׃
- ויקחו את־מקניהם ואת־רכושם אשר רכשו בארץ כנען ויבאו מצרימה יעקב וכל־זרעו אתו׃
- בניו ובני בניו אתו בנתיו ובנות בניו וכל־זרעו הביא אתו מצרימה׃ ס
- ואלה שמות בני־ישראל הבאים מצרימה יעקב ובניו בכר יעקב ראובן׃
- ובני ראובן חנוך ופלוא וחצרון וכרמי׃
- ובני שמעון ימואל וימין ואהד ויכין וצחר ושאול בן־הכנענית׃
- ובני לוי גרשון קהת ומררי׃
- ובני יהודה ער ואוןן ושלה ופרץ וזרח וימת ער ואוןן בארץ כנען ויהיו בני־פרץ חצרון וחמול׃
- ובני יששכר תולע ופוה ויוב ושמרון׃
- ובני זבולן סרד ואלון ויחלאל׃
- אלה בני לאה אשר ילדה ליעקב בפדן ארם ואת דינה בתו כל־נפש בניו ובנותיו שלשים ושלש׃
- ובני גד צפיון וחגי שוני ואצבן ערי וארודי ואראלי׃
- ובני אשר ימנה וישוה וישוי ובריעה ושרח אחתם ובני בריעה חבר ומלכיאל׃
- אלה בני זלפה אשר־נתן לבן ללאה בתו ותלד את־אלה ליעקב שש עשרה נפש׃
- בני רחל אשת יעקב יוסף ובנימן׃
- ויולד ליוסף בארץ מצרים אשר ילדה־לו אסנת בת־פוטי פרע כהן אן את־מנשה ואת־אפרים׃
- ובני בנימן בלע ובכר ואשבל גרא ונעמן אחי וראש מפים וחפים וארד׃
- אלה בני רחל אשר ילד ליעקב כל־נפש ארבעה עשר׃
- ובני־דן חשים׃
- ובני נפתלי יחצאל וגוני ויצר ושלם׃
- אלה בני בלהה אשר־נתן לבן לרחל בתו ותלד את־אלה ליעקב כל־נפש שבעה׃
- כל־הנפש הבאה ליעקב מצרימה יצאי ירכו מלבד נשי בני־יעקב כל־נפש ששים ושש׃
- ובני יוסף אשר־ילד־לו במצרים נפש שנים כל־הנפש לבית־יעקב הבאה מצרימה שבעים׃ ף
- ואת־יהודה שלח לפניו אל־יוסף להורת לפניו גשנה ויבאו ארצה גשן׃
- ויאסר יוסף מרכבתו ויעל לקראת־ישראל אביו גשנה וירא אליו ויפל על־צואריו ויבך על־צואריו עוד׃
- ויאמר ישראל אל־יוסף אמותה הפעם אחרי ראותי את־פניך כי עודך חי׃
- ויאמר יוסף אל־אחיו ואל־בית אביו אעלה ואגידה לפרעה ואמרה אליו אחי ובית־אבי אשר בארץ־כנען באו אלי׃
- והאנשים רעי צאן כי־אנשי מקנה היו וצאנם ובקרם וכל־אשר להם הביאו׃
- והיה כי־יקרא לכם פרעה ואמר מה־מעשיכם׃
- ואמרתם אנשי מקנה היו עבדיך מנעורינו ועד־עתה גם־אנחנו גם־אבתינו בעבור תשבו בארץ גשן כי־תועבת מצרים כל־רעה צאן׃
|Genesis 46 Text (Latin)
- Profectusque Israël cum omnibus quæ habebat, venit ad Puteum juramenti : et mactatis ibi victimis Deo patris sui Isaac,
- audivit eum per visionem noctis vocantem se, et dicentem sibi : Jacob, Jacob. Cui respondit : Ecce adsum.
- Ait illi Deus : Ego sum fortissimus Deus patris tui : noli timere, descende in Ægyptum, quia in gentem magnam faciam te ibi.
- Ego descendam tecum illuc, et ego inde adducam te revertentem : Joseph quoque ponet manus suas super oculos tuos.
- Surrexit autem Jacob a Puteo juramenti : tuleruntque eum filii cum parvulis et uxoribus suis in plaustris quæ miserat Pharao ad portandum senem,
- et omnia quæ possederat in terra Chanaan : venitque in Ægyptum cum omni semine suo,
- filii ejus, et nepotes, filiæ, et cuncta simul progenies.
- Hæc sunt autem nomina filiorum Israël, qui ingressi sunt in Ægyptum, ipse cum liberis suis. Primogenitus Ruben.
- Filii Ruben : Henoch et Phallu et Hesron et Charmi.
- Filii Simeon : Jamuel et Jamin et Ahod, et Jachin et Sohar, et Saul filius Chanaanitidis.
- Filii Levi : Gerson et Caath et Merari.
- Filii Juda : Her et Onan et Sela et Phares et Zara ; mortui sunt autem Her et Onan in terra Chanaan. Natique sunt filii Phares : Hesron et Hamul.
- Filii Issachar : Thola et Phua et Job et Semron.
- Filii Zabulon : Sared et Elon et Jahelel.
- Hi filii Liæ quos genuit in Mesopotamia Syriæ cum Dina filia sua : omnes animæ filiorum ejus et filiarum, triginta tres.
- Filii Gad : Sephion et Haggi et Suni et Esebon et Heri et Arodi et Areli.
- Filii Aser : Jamne et Jesua et Jessui et Beria, Sara quoque soror eorum. Filii Beria : Heber et Melchiel.
- Hi filii Zelphæ, quam dedit Laban Liæ filiæ suæ : et hos genuit Jacob sedecim animas.
- Filii Rachel uxoris Jacob : Joseph et Benjamin.
- Natique sunt Joseph filii in terra Ægypti, quos genuit ei Aseneth filia Putiphare sacerdotis Heliopoleos : Manasses et Ephraim.
- Filii Benjamin : Bela et Bechor et Asbel et Gera et Naaman et Echi et Ros et Mophim et Ophim et Ared.
- Hi filii Rachel quos genuit Jacob : omnes animæ, quatuordecim.
- Filii Dan : Husim.
- Filii Nephthali : Jasiel et Guni et Jeser et Sallem.
- Hi filii Balæ, quam dedit Laban Racheli filiæ suæ : et hos genuit Jacob : omnes animæ, septem.
- Cunctæ animæ, quæ ingressæ sunt cum Jacob in Ægyptum, et egressæ sunt de femore illius, absque uxoribus filiorum ejus, sexaginta sex.
- Filii autem Joseph, qui nati sunt ei in terra Ægypti, animæ duæ. Omnes animæ domus Jacob, quæ ingressæ sunt in Ægyptum, fuere septuaginta.
- Misit autem Judam ante se ad Joseph, ut nuntiaret ei, et occurreret in Gessen.
- Quo cum pervenisset, juncto Joseph curro suo, ascendit obviam patri suo ad eumdem locum : vidensque eum, irruit super collum ejus, et inter amplexus flevit.
- Dixitque pater ad Joseph : Jam lætus moriar, quia vidi faciem tuam, et superstitem te relinquo.
- At ille locutus est ad fratres suos, et ad omnem domum patris sui : Ascendam, et nuntiabo Pharaoni, dicamque ei : Fratres mei, et domus patris mei, qui erant in terra Chanaan, venerunt ad me :
- et sunt viri pastores ovium, curamque habent alendorum gregum : pecora sua, et armenta, et omnia quæ habere potuerunt, adduxerunt secum.
- Cumque vocaverit vos, et dixerit : Quod est opus vestrum ?
- respondebitis : Viri pastores sumus servi tui, ab infantia nostra usque in præsens, et nos et patres nostri. Hæc autem dicetis, ut habitare possitis in terra Gessen : quia detestantur Ægyptii omnes pastores ovium.
|Genesis 46 Text (KJV)
- And Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beer-sheba, and offered sacrifices unto the God of his father Isaac.
- And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I.
- And he said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation:
- I will go down with thee into Egypt; and I will also surely bring thee up again: and Joseph shall put his hand upon thine eyes.
- And Jacob rose up from Beer-sheba: and the sons of Israel carried Jacob their father, and their little ones, and their wives, in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent to carry him.
- And they took their cattle, and their goods, which they had gotten in the land of Canaan, and came into Egypt, Jacob, and all his seed with him:
- His sons, and his sons' sons with him, his daughters, and his sons' daughters, and all his seed brought he with him into Egypt.
- And these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt, Jacob and his sons: Reuben, Jacob's firstborn.
- And the sons of Reuben; Hanoch, and Phallu, and Hezron, and Carmi.
- And the sons of Simeon; Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman.
- And the sons of Levi; Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
- And the sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah, and Pharez, and Zerah: but Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan. And the sons of Pharez were Hezron and Hamul.
- And the sons of Issachar; Tola, and Phuvah, and Job, and Shimron.
- And the sons of Zebulun; Sered, and Elon, and Jahleel.
- These be the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padan-aram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three.
- And the sons of Gad; Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon, Eri, and Arodi, and Areli.
- And the sons of Asher; Jimnah, and Ishuah, and Isui, and Beriah, and Serah their sister: and the sons of Beriah; Heber, and Malchiel.
- These are the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah his daughter, and these she bare unto Jacob, even sixteen souls.
- The sons of Rachel Jacob's wife; Joseph, and Benjamin.
- And unto Joseph in the land of Egypt were born Manasseh and Ephraim, which Asenath the daughter of Poti-pherah priest of On bare unto him.
- And the sons of Benjamin were Belah, and Becher, and Ashbel, Gera, and Naaman, Ehi, and Rosh, Muppim, and Huppim, and Ard.
- These are the sons of Rachel, which were born to Jacob: all the souls were fourteen.
- And the sons of Dan; Hushim.
- And the sons of Naphtali; Jahzeel, and Guni, and Jezer, and Shillem.
- These are the sons of Bilhah, which Laban gave unto Rachel his daughter, and she bare these unto Jacob: all the souls were seven.
- All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls were threescore and six;
- And the sons of Joseph, which were born him in Egypt, were two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, which came into Egypt, were threescore and ten.
- And he sent Judah before him unto Joseph, to direct his face unto Goshen; and they came into the land of Goshen.
- And Joseph made ready his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himself unto him; and he fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while.
- And Israel said unto Joseph, Now let me die, since I have seen thy face, because thou art yet alive.
- And Joseph said unto his brethren, and unto his father's house, I will go up, and shew Pharaoh, and say unto him, My brethren, and my father's house, which were in the land of Canaan, are come unto me;
- And the men are shepherds, for their trade hath been to feed cattle; and they have brought their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have.
- And it shall come to pass, when Pharaoh shall call you, and shall say, What is your occupation?
- That ye shall say, Thy servants' trade hath been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians.