| RELATED TOPICS
- Denominations in Iran Index
- Regions - Tehran, Qom, Markazi, Qazvin, Gilan, Ardabil, Zanjan, East Azarbaijan, West Azarbaijan, Kurdistan, Hamedan, Kermanshah, Ilam, Lorestan, Khuzestan, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, Kohkiluyeh and Buyer Ahmad, Bushehr, Fars, Hormozgan, Sistan and Baluchistan, Kerman, Yazd, Esfahan, Semnan, Mazandaran, Golestan, North Khorasan, Razavi Khorasan, South Khorasan
- Major cities - Tehran, Mashhad
- Christian Radio in Iran Index
- Bible Colleges in Iran Index
- Christian Schools in Iran Index
| SERMONS, ESSAYS AND OPINIONS
Iran is a large country in the Middle East with a population of about 75 million. There are over 70 ethnic groups within the country, although about a three-quarters of the population are Persian ethnically. The main spoken language is Farsi, and most citizens speak it either as a first or second language. Most people are Muslims, predominantly Shia. A very small number of people are Christians, Bahai and Zoroastrian. Non-Muslims, especially those of the Bahai faith, are heavily persecuted.
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Places -> Asia