|Isaiah 26 - Versions
|Isaiah 26 Text (WEB)
- In that day, this song will be sung in the land of Judah: "We have a strong city. God appoints salvation for walls and bulwarks.
- Open the gates, that the righteous nation may enter: the one which keeps faith.
- You will keep whoever's mind is steadfast in perfect peace, because he trusts in you.
- Trust in Yahweh forever; for in Yah, Yahweh, is an everlasting Rock.
- For he has brought down those who dwell on high, the lofty city. He lays it low. He lays it low even to the ground. He brings it even to the dust.
- The foot shall tread it down; Even the feet of the poor, and the steps of the needy."
- The way of the just is uprightness. You who are upright make the path of the righteous level.
- Yes, in the way of your judgments, Yahweh, have we waited for you. Your name and your renown are the desire of our soul.
- With my soul have I desired you in the night. Yes, with my spirit within me will I seek you earnestly; for when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.
- Let favor be shown to the wicked, yet he will not learn righteousness. In the land of uprightness he will deal wrongfully, and will not see Yahweh's majesty.
- Yahweh, your hand is lifted up, yet they don't see; but they will see your zeal for the people, and be disappointed. Yes, fire will consume your adversaries.
- Yahweh, you will ordain peace for us, for you have also worked all our works for us.
- Yahweh our God, other lords besides you have had dominion over us, but by you only will we make mention of your name.
- The dead shall not live. The deceased shall not rise. Therefore have you visited and destroyed them, and caused all memory of them to perish.
- You have increased the nation, O Yahweh. You have increased the nation! You are glorified! You have enlarged all the borders of the land.
- Yahweh, in trouble they have visited you. They poured out a prayer when your chastening was on them.
- Like as a woman with child, who draws near the time of her delivery, is in pain and cries out in her pangs; so we have been before you, Yahweh.
- We have been with child. We have been in pain. We gave birth, it seems, only to wind. We have not worked any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.
- Your dead shall live. My dead bodies shall arise. Awake and sing, you who dwell in the dust; for your dew is like the dew of herbs, and the earth will cast forth the dead.
- Come, my people, enter into your rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a little moment, until the indignation is past.
- For, behold, Yahweh comes forth out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. The earth also will disclose her blood, and will no longer cover her slain.
|Isaiah 26 Text (Hebrew)
- ביום ההוא יושר השיר־הזה בארץ יהודה עיר עז־לנו ישועה ישית חומות וחל׃
- פתחו שערים ויבא גוי־צדיק שמר אמנים׃
- יצר סמוך תצר שלום שלום כי בך בטוח׃
- בטחו ביהוה עדי־עד כי ביה יהוה צור עולמים׃
- כי השח ישבי מרום קריה נשגבה ישפילנה ישפילה עד־ארץ יגיענה עד־עפר׃
- תרמסנה רגל רגלי עני פעמי דלים׃
- ארח לצדיק מישרים ישר מעגל צדיק תפלס׃
- אף ארח משפטיך יהוה קוינוך לשמך ולזכרך תאות־נפש׃
- נפשי אויתיך בלילה אף־רוחי בקרבי אשחרך כי כאשר משפטיך לארץ צדק למדו ישבי תבל׃
- יחן רשע בל־למד צדק בארץ נכחות יעול ובל־יראה גאות יהוה׃ ס
- יהוה רמה ידך בל־יחזיון יחזו ויבשו קנאת־עם אף־אש צריך תאכלם׃ ס
- יהוה תשפת שלום לנו כי גם כל־מעשינו פעלת לנו׃
- יהוה אלהינו בעלונו אדנים זולתך לבד־בך נזכיר שמך׃
- מתים בל־יחיו רפאים בל־יקמו לכן פקדת ותשמידם ותאבד כל־זכר למו׃
- יספת לגוי יהוה יספת לגוי נכבדת רחקת כל־קצוי־ארץ׃
- יהוה בצר פקדוך צקון לחש מוסרך למו׃
- כמו הרה תקריב ללדת תחיל תזעק בחבליה כן היינו מפניך יהוה׃
- הרינו חלנו כמו ילדנו רוח ישועת בל־נעשה ארץ ובל־יפלו ישבי תבל׃
- יחיו מתיך נבלתי יקומון הקיצו ורננו שכני עפר כי טל אורת טלך וארץ רפאים תפיל׃ ס
- לך עמי בא בחדריך וסגר בעדך חבי כמעט־רגע עד־ ־זעם׃
- כי־הנה יהוה יצא ממקומו לפקד עון ישב־הארץ עליו וגלתה הארץ את־דמיה ולא־תכסה עוד על־הרוגיה׃ ס
|Isaiah 26 Text (Latin)
- In die illa cantabitur canticum istud in terra Juda : Urbs fortitudinis nostræ Sion ; salvator ponetur in ea murus et antemurale.
- Aperite portas, et ingrediatur gens justa, custodiens veritatem.
- Vetus error abiit : servabis pacem ; pacem, quia in te speravimus.
- Sperastis in Domino in sæculis æternis ; in Domino Deo forti in perpetuum.
- Quia incurvabit habitantes in excelso ; civitatem sublimem humiliabit : humiliabit eam usque ad terram, detrahet eam usque ad pulverem.
- Conculcabit eam pes, pedes pauperis, gressus egenorum.
- Semita justi recta est, rectus callis justi ad ambulandum.
- Et in semita judiciorum tuorum, Domine, sustinuimus te : nomen tuum et memoriale tuum in desiderio animæ.
- Anima mea desideravit te in nocte, sed et spiritu meo in præcordiis meis de mane vigilabo ad te. Cum feceris judicia tua in terra, justitiam discent habitatores orbis.
- Misereamur impio, et non discet justitiam ; in terra sanctorum iniqua gessit, et non videbit gloriam Domini.
- Domine, exaltetur manus tua, et non videant ; videant, et confundantur zelantes populi ; et ignis hostes tuos devoret.
- Domine, dabis pacem nobis : omnia enim opera nostra operatus es nobis.
- Domine Deus noster, possederunt nos domini absque te ; tantum in te recordemur nominis tui.
- Morientes non vivant, gigantes non resurgant : propterea visitasti et contrivisti eos, et perdidisti omnem memoriam eorum.
- Indulsisti genti, Domine, indulsisti genti, numquid glorificatus es ? elongasti omnes terminos terræ.
- Domine, in angustia requisierunt te, in tribulatione murmuris doctrina tua eis.
- Sicut quæ concipit, cum appropinquaverit ad partum, dolens clamat in doloribus suis, sic facti sumus a facie tua, Domine.
- Concepimus, et quasi parturivimus, et peperimus spiritum. Salutes non fecimus in terra ; ideo non ceciderunt habitatores terræ.
- Vivent mortui tui, interfecti mei resurgent. Expergiscimini, et laudate, qui habitatis in pulvere, quia ros lucis ros tuus, et terram gigantum detrahes in ruinam.
- Vade, populus meus, intra in cubicula tua ; claude ostia tua super te, abscondere modicum ad momentum, donec pertranseat indignatio.
- Ecce enim Dominus egredietur de loco suo, ut visitet iniquitatem habitatoris terræ contra eum ; et revelabit terra sanguinem suum, et non operiet ultra interfectos suos.
|Isaiah 26 Text (KJV)
- In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.
- Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
- Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
- For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust.
- The foot shall tread it down, even the feet of the poor, and the steps of the needy.
- The way of the just is uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the path of the just.
- Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
- With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
- Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.
- LORD, when thy hand is lifted up, they will not see: but they shall see, and be ashamed for their envy at the people; yea, the fire of thine enemies shall devour them.
- LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.
- O LORD our God, other lords beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name.
- They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
- Thou hast increased the nation, O LORD, thou hast increased the nation: thou art glorified: thou hadst removed it far unto all the ends of the earth.
- LORD, in trouble have they visited thee, they poured out a prayer when thy chastening was upon them.
- Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD.
- We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.
- Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
- Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
- For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.