| Isaiah 56 - Versions
| Isaiah 56 Text (WEB)
- Thus says Yahweh, "Keep justice, and do righteousness; for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
- Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who holds it fast; who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it, and keeps his hand from doing any evil."
- Neither let the foreigner, who has joined himself to Yahweh, speak, saying, "Yahweh will surely separate me from his people;" neither let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree."
- For thus says Yahweh, "To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and hold fast my covenant:
- to them I will give in my house and within my walls a memorial and a name better than of sons and of daughters; I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
- Also the foreigners who join themselves to Yahweh, to minister to him, and to love the name of Yahweh, to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath from profaning it, and holds fast my covenant;
- even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples."
- The Lord Yahweh, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says, "Yet will I gather [others] to him, besides his own who are gathered."
- All you animals of the field, come to devour, [yes], all you animals in the forest.
- His watchmen are blind, they are all without knowledge; they are all mute dogs, they can't bark; dreaming, lying down, loving to slumber.
- Yes, the dogs are greedy, they can never have enough; and these are shepherds who can't understand: they have all turned to their own way, each one to his gain, from every quarter.
- "Come," [say they], "I will get wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and tomorrow shall be as this day, [a day] great beyond measure."
| Isaiah 56 Text (Hebrew)
- כה אמר יהוה שמרו משפט ועשו צדקה כי־קרובה ישועתי לבוא וצדקתי להגלות׃
- אשרי אנוש יעשה־זאת ובן־אדם יחזיק בה שמר שבת מחללו ושמר ידו מעשות כל־רע׃ ס
- ואל־יאמר בן־הנכר הנלוה אל־יהוה לאמר הבדל יבדילני יהוה מעל עמו ואל־יאמר הסריס הן אני עץ יבש׃ ס
- כי־כה אמר יהוה לסריסים אשר ישמרו את־שבתותי ובחרו באשר חפצתי ומחזיקים בבריתי׃
- ונתתי להם בביתי ובחומתי יד ושם טוב מבנים ומבנות שם עולם אתן־לו אשר לא יכרת׃ ס
- ובני הנכר הנלוים על־יהוה לשרתו ולאהבה את־שם יהוה להיות לו לעבדים כל־שמר שבת מחללו ומחזיקים בבריתי׃
- והביאותים אל־הר קדשי ושמחתים בבית תפלתי עולתיהם וזבחיהם לרצון על־מזבחי כי ביתי בית־תפלה יקרא לכל־העמים׃
- נאם אדני יהוה מקבץ נדחי ישראל עוד אקבץ עליו לנקבציו׃
- כל חיתו שדי אתיו לאכל כל־חיתו ביער׃ ס
- עורים כלם לא ידעו כלם כלבים אלמים לא יוכלו לנבח הזים שכבים אהבי לנום׃
- והכלבים עזי־נפש לא ידעו שבעה והמה רעים לא ידעו הבין כלם לדרכם פנו איש לבצעו מקצהו׃
- אתיו אקחה־יין ונסבאה שכר והיה כזה יום מחר גדול יתר מאד׃
| Isaiah 56 Text (Latin)
- Hæc dicit Dominus : Custodite judicium, et facite justitiam, quia juxta est salus mea ut veniat, et justitia mea ut reveletur.
- Beatus vir qui facit hoc, et filius hominis qui apprehendet istud, custodiens sabbatum ne polluat illud, custodiens manus suas ne faciat omne malum.
- Et non dicat filius advenæ, qui adhæret Domino, dicens : Separatione dividet me Dominus a populo suo ; et non dicat eunuchus : Ecce ego lignum aridum.
- Quia hæc dicit Dominus eunuchis : Qui custodierint sabbata mea, et elegerint quæ ego volui, et tenuerint fœdus meum,
- dabo eis in domo mea et in muris meis locum, et nomen melius a filiis et filiabus : nomen sempiternum dabo eis, quod non peribit.
- Et filios advenæ, qui adhærent Domino, ut colant eum, et diligant nomen ejus, ut sint ei in servos ; omnem custodientem sabbatum ne polluat illud, et tenentem fœdus meum ;
- adducam eos in montem sanctum meum et lætificabo eos in domo orationis meæ ; holocausta eorum et victimæ eorum placebunt mihi super altari meo, quia domus mea domus orationis vocabitur cunctis populis.
- Ait Dominus Deus, qui congregat dispersos Israël : Adhuc congregabo ad eum congregatos ejus.
- Omnes bestiæ agri, venite ad devorandum, universæ bestiæ saltus.
- Speculatores ejus cæci omnes, nescierunt universi : canes muti non valentes latrare, videntes vana, dormientes, et amantes somnia.
- Et canes imprudentissimi, nescierunt saturitatem ; ipsi pastores ignoraverunt intelligentiam ; omnes in viam suam declinaverunt ; unusquisque ad avaritiam suam, a summo usque ad novissimum.
- Venite, sumamus vinum, et impleamur ebrietate ; et erit sicut hodie, sic et cras, et multo amplius.
| Isaiah 56 Text (KJV)
- Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
- Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
- Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
- For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
- Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
- Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
- Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
- The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.
- All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.
- His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.
- Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.
- Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.