|Jeremiah 12 - Versions
|Jeremiah 12 Text (WEB)
- You are righteous, Yahweh, when I contend with you; yet I would reason the cause with you: why does the way of the wicked prosper? why are all they at ease who deal very treacherously?
- You have planted them, yes, they have taken root; they grow, yes, they bring forth fruit: you are near in their mouth, and far from their heart.
- But you, Yahweh, know me; you see me, and try my heart toward you: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.
- How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of the whole country wither? for the wickedness of those who dwell therein, the animals are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our latter end.
- If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with horses? and though in a land of peace you are secure, yet how will you do in the pride of the Jordan?
- For even your brothers, and the house of your father, even they have dealt treacherously with you; even they have cried aloud after you: don't believe them, though they speak beautiful words to you.
- I have forsaken my house, I have cast off my heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.
- My heritage is become to me as a lion in the forest: she has uttered her voice against me; therefore I have hated her.
- Is my heritage to me as a speckled bird of prey? are the birds of prey against her all around? Go, assemble all the animals of the field, bring them to devour.
- Many shepherds have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
- They have made it a desolation; it mourns to me, being desolate; the whole land is made desolate, because no man lays it to heart.
- Destroyers are come on all the bare heights in the wilderness; for the sword of Yahweh devours from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh has peace.
- They have sown wheat, and have reaped thorns; they have put themselves to pain, and profit nothing: and you shall be ashamed of your fruits, because of the fierce anger of Yahweh.
- Thus says Yahweh against all my evil neighbors, who touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit: behold, I will pluck them up from off their land, and will pluck up the house of Judah from among them.
- It shall happen, after that I have plucked them up, I will return and have compassion on them; and I will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land.
- It shall happen, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, As Yahweh lives; even as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built up in the midst of my people.
- But if they will not hear, then will I pluck up that nation, plucking up and destroying it, says Yahweh.
|Jeremiah 12 Text (Hebrew)
- צדיק אתה יהוה כי אריב אליך אך משפטים אדבר אותך מדוע דרך רשעים צלחה שלו כל־בגדי בגד׃
- נטעתם גם־שרשו ילכו גם־עשו פרי קרוב אתה בפיהם ורחוק מכליותיהם׃
- ואתה יהוה ידעתני תראני ובחנת לבי אתך התקם כצאן לטבחה והקדשם ליום הרגה׃ ס
- עד־מתי תאבל הארץ ועשב כל־השדה ייבש מרעת ישבי־בה ספתה בהמות ועוף כי אמרו לא יראה את־אחריתנו׃
- כי את־רגלים רצתה וילאוך ואיך תתחרה את־הסוסים ובארץ שלום אתה בוטח ואיך תעשה בגאון הירדן׃
- כי גם־אחיך ובית־אביך גם־המה בגדו בך גם־המה קראו אחריך מלא אל־תאמן בם כי־ידברו אליך טובות׃ ס
- עזבתי את־ביתי נטשתי את־נחלתי נתתי את־ידדות נפשי בכף איביה׃
- היתה־לי נחלתי כאריה ביער נתנה עלי בקולה על־כן שנאתיה׃
- העיט צבוע נחלתי לי העיט סביב עליה לכו אספו כל־חית השדה התיו לאכלה׃
- רעים רבים שחתו כרמי בססו את־חלקתי נתנו את־חלקת חמדתי למדבר שממה׃
- שמה לשממה אבלה עלי שממה נשמה כל־הארץ כי אין איש שם על־לב׃
- על־כל־שפים במדבר באו שדדים כי חרב ליהוה אכלה מקצה־ארץ ועד־קצה הארץ אין שלום לכל־בשר׃ ס
- זרעו חטים וקצים קצרו נחלו לא יועלו ובשו מתבואתיכם מחרון אף־יהוה׃ ס
- כה אמר יהוה על־כל־שכני הרעים הנגעים בנחלה אשר־הנחלתי את־עמי את־ישראל הנני נתשם מעל אדמתם ואת־בית יהודה אתוש מתוכם׃
- והיה אחרי נתשי אותם אשוב ורחמתים והשבתים איש לנחלתו ואיש לארצו׃
- והיה אם־למד ילמדו את־דרכי עמי להשבע בשמי חי־יהוה כאשר למדו את־עמי להשבע בבעל ונבנו בתוך עמי׃
- ואם לא ישמעו ונתשתי את־הגוי ההוא נתוש ואבד נאם־יהוה׃ ס
|Jeremiah 12 Text (Latin)
- Justus quidem tu es, Domine, si disputem tecum : verumtamen justa loquar ad te : Quare via impiorum prosperatur, bene est omnibus qui prævaricantur, et inique agunt ?
- Plantasti eos, et radicem miserunt : proficiunt, et faciunt fructum : prope es tu ori eorum, et longe a renibus eorum.
- Et tu, Domine, nosti me, vidisti me, et probasti cor meum tecum. Congrega eos quasi gregem ad victimam, et sanctifica eos in die occisionis.
- Usquequo lugebit terra, et herba omnis regionis siccabitur, propter malitiam habitantium in ea ? Consumptum est animal, et volucre, quoniam dixerunt : Non videbit novissima nostra.
- Si cum peditibus currens laborasti, quomodo contendere poteris cum equis ? Cum autem in terra pacis securus fueris, quid facies in superbia Jordanis ?
- Nam et fratres tui, et domus patris tui, etiam ipsi pugnaverunt adversum te, et clamaverunt post te plena voce : ne credas eis, cum locuti fuerint tibi bona.
- Reliqui domum meam, dimisi hæreditatem meam : dedi dilectam animam meam in manu inimicorum ejus.
- Facta est mihi hæreditas mea quasi leo in silva : dedit contra me vocem, ideo odivi eam.
- Numquid avis discolor hæreditas mea mihi ? numquid avis tincta per totum ? Venite, congregamini, omnes bestiæ terræ, properate ad devorandum.
- Pastores multi demoliti sunt vineam meam, conculcaverunt partem meam, dederunt portionem meam desiderabilem in desertum solitudinis.
- Posuerunt eam in dissipationem, luxitque super me : desolatione desolata est omnis terra, quia nullus est qui recogitet corde.
- Super omnes vias deserti venerunt vastatores, quia gladius Domini devorabit : ab extremo terræ usque ad extremum ejus, non est pax universæ carni.
- Seminaverunt triticum, et spinas messuerunt : hæreditatem acceperunt, et non eis proderit. Confundemini a fructibus vestris propter iram furoris Domini.
- Hæc dicit Dominus adversum omnes vicinos meos pessimos, qui tangunt hæreditatem quam distribui populo meo Israël : Ecce ego evellam eos de terra sua, et domum Juda evellam de medio eorum.
- Et cum evulsero eos, convertar, et miserebor eorum, et reducam eos, virum ad hæreditatem suam, et virum in terram suam.
- Et erit : si eruditi didicerint vias populi mei, ut jurent in nomine meo : Vivit Dominus ! sicut docuerunt populum meum jurare in Baal, ædificabuntur in medio populi mei.
- Quod si non audierint, evellam gentem illam evulsione et perditione, ait Dominus.
|Jeremiah 12 Text (KJV)
- Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?
- Thou hast planted them, yea, they have taken root: they grow, yea, they bring forth fruit: thou art near in their mouth, and far from their reins.
- But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.
- How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end.
- If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
- For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee.
- I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.
- Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it.
- Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.
- Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
- They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart.
- The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace.
- They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns: they have put themselves to pain, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your revenues because of the fierce anger of the LORD.
- Thus saith the LORD against all mine evil neighbours, that touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.
- And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land.
- And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, The LORD liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built in the midst of my people.
- But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.