|Luke 15 - Versions
|Luke 15 Text (WEB)
- Now all the tax collectors and sinners were coming close to him to hear him.
- The Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying, "This man welcomes sinners, and eats with them."
- He told them this parable.
- "Which of you men, if you had one hundred sheep, and lost one of them, wouldn't leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one that was lost, until he found it?
- When he has found it, he carries it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
- When he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'
- I tell you that even so there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents, than over ninety-nine righteous people who need no repentance.
- Or what woman, if she had ten drachma coins, if she lost one drachma coin, wouldn't light a lamp, sweep the house, and seek diligently until she found it?
- When she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the drachma which I had lost.'
- Even so, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner repenting."
- He said, "A certain man had two sons.
- The younger of them said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of your property.' He divided his livelihood between them.
- Not many days after, the younger son gathered all of this together and traveled into a far country. There he wasted his property with riotous living.
- When he had spent all of it, there arose a severe famine in that country, and he began to be in need.
- He went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed pigs.
- He wanted to fill his belly with the husks that the pigs ate, but no one gave him any.
- But when he came to himself he said, 'How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough to spare, and I'm dying with hunger!
- I will get up and go to my father, and will tell him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight.
- I am no more worthy to be called your son. Make me as one of your hired servants."'
- "He arose, and came to his father. But while he was still far off, his father saw him, and was moved with compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
- The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'
- "But the father said to his servants, 'Bring out the best robe, and put it on him. Put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet.
- Bring the fattened calf, kill it, and let us eat, and celebrate;
- for this, my son, was dead, and is alive again. He was lost, and is found.' They began to celebrate.
- "Now his elder son was in the field. As he came near to the house, he heard music and dancing.
- He called one of the servants to him, and asked what was going on.
- He said to him, 'Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fattened calf, because he has received him back safe and healthy.'
- But he was angry, and would not go in. Therefore his father came out, and begged him.
- But he answered his father, 'Behold, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed a commandment of yours, but you never gave me a goat, that I might celebrate with my friends.
- But when this, your son, came, who has devoured your living with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him.'
- "He said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours.
- But it was appropriate to celebrate and be glad, for this, your brother, was dead, and is alive again. He was lost, and is found.'"
|Luke 15 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי בקרב אליו כל המוכסים והחטאים לשמע אותו׃
- וילונו הפרושים והסופרים לאמר הנה זה מקבל את החטאים ואכל אתם׃
- וידבר אליהם את המשל הזה לאמר׃
- מי זה האיש מכם אשר לו מאה כבשים ואבד לו אחד מהם ולא יטוש את התשעים ותשעה במדבר והלך אחרי האבד עד כי ימצאהו׃
- והיה כמצאו אתו ישימנו על כתפיו בשמחה׃
- ובא אל ביתו וקרא לאהביו ולשכניו יחד לאמר שמחו אתי כי מצאתי את שיי האבד׃
- אני אמר לכם כי כן תהיה שמחה בשמים על חוטא אחד השב יותר מעל תשעים ותשעה צדיקים אשר לא יצטרכו לתשובה׃
- או מי האשה אשר לה עשרה דרכמונים ואבד לה דרכמון אחד ולא תדליק נר ותטאטא את הבית ותחפש היטב עד כי תמצאהו׃
- והיה כמצאה אותו תקרא לרעותיה ולשכנותיה לאמר שמחנה אתי כי מצאתי את הדרכמון אשר אבד לי׃
- כן אני אמר לכם תהיה שמחה לנפי מלאכי אלהים על חוטא אחד אשר שב מחטאו׃
- ויאמר איש אחד היו לו שני בנים׃
- ויאמר הצעיר אל אביו אבי תנה לי את חלק הרכוש אשר יפל לי ויחלק להם את הנחלה׃
- ויהי מקץ ימים ויאסף הבן הצעיר את הכל וילך אל ארץ רחוקה ושם פזר את רכשו וילך בדרך סובאים וזוללים׃
- ואחרי כלותו את הכל היה רעב חזק בארץ ההיא ויחל להיות חסר לחם׃
- וילך וידבק באחד מבני המדינה בארץ ההיא וישלח אותו אל שדותיו לרעות חזירים׃
- ויתאו למלא את בטנו בחרובים אשר יאכלו החזירים ואין נתן לו׃
- וישב אל לבו ויאמר מה רבו שכירי אבי ויש להם לחם לשבע ואני אבד ברעב׃
- אקומה נא ואלכה אל אבי ואמר אליו אבי חטאתי לשמים ולפניך׃
- ונקלתי מהקרא עוד בנך שימני כאשר שכיריך׃
- ויקם ויבא אל אביו עודנו מרחוק ואביו ראהו ויהמו מעיו וירץ ויפל על צואריו וישקהו׃
- ויאמר אליו הבן אבי חטאתי לשמים ולפניך ואני נקלתי מהקרא עוד בנך׃
- ויאמר האב אל עבדיו הוציאו את השמלה הטובה מכלן והלבישהו ותנו טבעת על ידו ונעלים ברגליו׃
- והביאו את עגל המרבק וטבחו אתו ונאכלה ונשמח׃
- כי זה בני היה מת ויחי ואובד היה וימצא ויחלו לשמח׃
- ובנו הגדול היה בשדה ויהי כאשר בא ויקרב אל הבית וישמע קול זמרה ומחלות׃
- ויקרא אל אחד הנערים וישאל מה זאת׃
- ויאמר אליו כי בא אחיך ויטבח אביך את עגל המרבק על אשר הושב לו שלם׃
- ויחר לו ולא אבה לבוא הביתה ויצא אביו וידבר על לבו׃
- ויען ויאמר אל אביו הנה זה שנים רבות אני עבד אתך ומימי לא עברתי את מצותך ומימי לא נתת לי גדי למען אשיש עם רעי׃
- ויבא בנך זה אשר בלע את נחלתך עם הזנות ותזבח לו את עגל המרבק׃
- ויאמר אליו בני אתה תמיד עמדי וכל אשר לי לך הוא׃
- אבל נכון לשוש ולשמח כי אחיך זה היה מת ויחי ואבד היה וימצא׃
|Luke 15 Text (Latin)
- Erant autem appropinquantes ei publicani, et peccatores ut audirent illum.
- Et murmurabant pharisæi, et scribæ, dicentes : Quia hic peccatores recipit, et manducat cum illis.
- Et ait ad illos parabolam istam dicens :
- Quis ex vobis homo, qui habet centum oves, et si perdiderit unam ex illis, nonne dimittit nonaginta novem in deserto, et vadit ad illam quæ perierat, donec inveniat eam ?
- Et cum invenerit eam, imponit in humeros suos gaudens :
- et veniens domum convocat amicos et vicinos, dicens illis : Congratulamini mihi, quia inveni ovem meam, quæ perierat.
- Dico vobis quod ita gaudium erit in cælo super uno peccatore pœnitentiam agente, quam super nonaginta novem justis, qui non indigent pœnitentia.
- Aut quæ mulier habens drachmas decem, si perdiderit drachmam unam, nonne accendit lucernam, et everrit domum, et quærit diligenter, donec inveniat ?
- Et cum invenerit convocat amicas et vicinas, dicens : Congratulamini mihi, quia inveni drachmam quam perdideram.
- Ita, dico vobis, gaudium erit coram angelis Dei super uno peccatore pœnitentiam agente.
- Ait autem : Homo quidam habuit duos filios :
- et dixit adolescentior ex illis patri : Pater, da mihi portionem substantiæ, quæ me contingit. Et divisit illis substantiam.
- Et non post multos dies, congregatis omnibus, adolescentior filius peregre profectus est in regionem longinquam, et ibi dissipavit substantiam suam vivendo luxuriose.
- Et postquam omnia consummasset, facta est fames valida in regione illa, et ipse cœpit egere.
- Et abiit, et adhæsit uni civium regionis illius : et misit illum in villam suam ut pasceret porcos.
- Et cupiebat implere ventrem suum de siliquis, quas porci manducabant : et nemo illi dabat.
- In se autem reversus, dixit : Quanti mercenarii in domo patris mei abundant panibus, ego autem hic fame pereo !
- surgam, et ibo ad patrem meum, et dicam ei : Pater, peccavi in cælum, et coram te :
- jam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus : fac me sicut unum de mercenariis tuis.
- Et surgens venit ad patrem suum. Cum autem adhuc longe esset, vidit illum pater ipsius, et misericordia motus est, et accurrens cecidit super collum ejus, et osculatus est eum.
- Dixitque ei filius : Pater, peccavi in cælum, et coram te : jam non sum dignus vocari filius tuus.
- Dixit autem pater ad servos suos : Cito proferte stolam primam, et induite illum, et date annulum in manum ejus, et calceamenta in pedes ejus :
- et adducite vitulum saginatum, et occidite, et manducemus, et epulemur :
- quia hic filius meus mortuus erat, et revixit : perierat, et inventus est. Et cœperunt epulari.
- Erat autem filius ejus senior in agro : et cum veniret, et appropinquaret domui, audivit symphoniam et chorum :
- et vocavit unum de servis, et interrogavit quid hæc essent.
- Isque dixit illi : Frater tuus venit, et occidit pater tuus vitulum saginatum, quia salvum illum recepit.
- Indignatus est autem, et nolebat introire. Pater ergo illius egressus, cœpit rogare illum.
- At ille respondens, dixit patri suo : Ecce tot annis servio tibi, et numquam mandatum tuum præterivi : et numquam dedisti mihi hædum ut cum amicis meis epularer.
- Sed postquam filius tuus hic, qui devoravit substantiam suam cum meretricibus, venit, occidisti illi vitulum saginatum.
- At ipse dixit illi : Fili, tu semper mecum es, et omnia mea tua sunt :
- epulari autem, et gaudere oportebat, quia frater tuus hic mortuus erat, et revixit ; perierat, et inventus est.
|Luke 15 Text (KJV)
- Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
- And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
- And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
- What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
- And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
- And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
- I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
- Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
- And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
- Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
- And he said, A certain man had two sons:
- And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
- And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
- And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
- And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
- And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
- And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
- I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
- And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
- And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
- And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
- But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
- And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
- For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
- Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
- And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
- And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
- And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
- And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
- But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
- And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
- It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.