|Psalm 10 - Versions
|Psalm 10 Text (WEB)
- Why do you stand far off, Yahweh? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?
- In arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak. They are caught in the schemes that they devise.
- For the wicked boasts of his heart's cravings. He blesses the greedy, and condemns Yahweh.
- The wicked, in the pride of his face, has no room in his thoughts for God.
- His ways are prosperous at all times. He is haughty, and your laws are far from his sight. As for all his adversaries, he sneers at them.
- He says in his heart, "I shall not be shaken. For generations I shall have no trouble."
- His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and oppression. Under his tongue is mischief and iniquity.
- He lies in wait near the villages. From ambushes, he murders the innocent. His eyes are secretly set against the helpless.
- He lurks in secret as a lion in his ambush. He lies in wait to catch the helpless. He catches the helpless, when he draws him in his net.
- The helpless are crushed. They collapse. They fall under his strength.
- He says in his heart, "God has forgotten. He hides his face. He will never see it."
- Arise, Yahweh! God, lift up your hand! Don't forget the helpless.
- Why does the wicked person condemn God, and say in his heart, "God won't call me into account?"
- But you do see trouble and grief. You consider it to take it into your hand. You help the victim and the fatherless.
- Break the arm of the wicked. As for the evil man, seek out his wickedness until you find none.
- Yahweh is King forever and ever! The nations will perish out of his land.
- Yahweh, you have heard the desire of the humble. You will prepare their heart. You will cause your ear to hear,
- to judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that man who is of the earth may terrify no more. For the Chief Musician. By David.
|Psalm 10 Text (Hebrew)
- למה יהוה תעמד ברחוק תעלים לעתות בצרה׃
- בגאות רשע ידלק עני יתפשו במזמות זו חשבו׃
- כי־הלל רשע על־תאות נפשו ובצע ברך נאץ יהוה׃
- רשע כגבה אפו בל־ידרש אין אלהים כל־מזמותיו׃
- יחילו בכל־עת מרום משפטיך מנגדו כל־צורריו יפיח בהם׃
- אמר בלבו בל־אמוט לדר ודר אשר לא־ברע׃
- אלה פיהו מלא ומרמות ותך תחת לשונו עמל ואון׃
- ישב במארב חצרים במסתרים יהרג נקי עיניו לחלכה יצפנו׃
- יארב במסתר כאריה בסכה יארב לחטוף עני יחטף עני במשכו ברשתו׃
- ישח ונפל בעצומיו ׃
- אמר בלבו שכח אל הסתיר פניו בל־ראה לנצח׃
- קומה יהוה אל נשא ידך אל־תשכח ׃
- על־מה נאץ רשע אלהים אמר בלבו לא תדרש׃
- ראתה כי־אתה עמל וכעס תביט לתת בידך עליך יעזב חלכה יתום אתה היית עוזר׃
- שבר זרוע רשע ורע תדרוש־רשעו בל־תמצא׃
- יהוה מלך עולם ועד אבדו גוים מארצו׃
- תאות ענוים שמעת יהוה תכין לבם תקשיב אזנך׃
- לשפט יתום ודך בל־יוסיף עוד לערץ אנוש מן־הארץ׃
|Psalm 10 Text (Latin)
- Ut quid, Domine, recessisti longe, despicis in opportunitatibus, in tribulatione ?
- Dum superbit impius, incenditur pauper : comprehenduntur in consiliis quibus cogitant.
- Quoniam laudatur peccator in desideriis animæ suæ, et iniquus benedicitur.
- Exacerbavit Dominum peccator, secundum multitudinem iræ suæ, non quæret.
- Non est Deus in conspectu ejus, inquinatæ sunt viæ illius in omni tempore. Auferuntur judicia tua a facie ejus ; omnium inimicorum suorum dominabitur.
- Dixit enim in corde suo : Non movebor a generatione in generationem, sine malo.
- Cujus maledictione os plenum est, et amaritudine, et dolo ; sub lingua ejus labor et dolor.
- Sedet in insidiis cum divitibus in occultis, ut interficiat innocentem.
- Oculi ejus in pauperem respiciunt ; insidiatur in abscondito, quasi leo in spelunca sua. Insidiatur ut rapiat pauperem ; rapere pauperem dum attrahit eum.
- In laqueo suo humiliabit eum ; inclinabit se, et cadet cum dominatus fuerit pauperum.
- Dixit enim in corde suo : Oblitus est Deus ; avertit faciem suam, ne videat in finem.
- Exsurge, Domine Deus, exaltetur manus tua ; ne obliviscaris pauperum.
- Propter quid irritavit impius Deum ? dixit enim in corde suo : Non requiret.
- Vides, quoniam tu laborem et dolorem consideras, ut tradas eos in manus tuas. Tibi derelictus est pauper ; orphano tu eris adjutor.
- Contere brachium peccatoris et maligni ; quæretur peccatum illius, et non invenietur.
- Dominus regnabit in æternum, et in sæculum sæculi ; peribitis, gentes, de terra illius.
- Desiderium pauperum exaudivit Dominus ; præparationem cordis eorum audivit auris tua,
- judicare pupillo et humili, ut non apponat ultra magnificare se homo super terram.
|Psalm 10 Text (KJV)
- Why standest thou afar off, O LORD? why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble?
- The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.
- For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
- The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
- His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
- He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.
- His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
- He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.
- He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
- He croucheth, and humbleth himself, that the poor may fall by his strong ones.
- He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see it.
- Arise, O LORD; O God, lift up thine hand: forget not the humble.
- Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God? he hath said in his heart, Thou wilt not require it.
- Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless.
- Break thou the arm of the wicked and the evil man: seek out his wickedness till thou find none.
- The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.
- LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:
- To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.
|SERMONS, ESSAYS AND OPINIONS