| Psalm 105 - Versions
| Psalm 105 Text (WEB)
- Give thanks to Yahweh! Call on his name! Make his doings known among the peoples.
- Sing to him, sing praises to him! Tell of all his marvelous works.
- Glory in his holy name. Let the heart of those who seek Yahweh rejoice.
- Seek Yahweh and his strength. Seek his face forever more.
- Remember his marvelous works that he has done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth,
- you seed of Abraham, his servant, you children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
- He is Yahweh, our God. His judgments are in all the earth.
- He has remembered his covenant forever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations,
- the covenant which he made with Abraham, his oath to Isaac,
- and confirmed the same to Jacob for a statute; to Israel for an everlasting covenant,
- saying, "To you I will give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;"
- when they were but a few men in number, yes, very few, and foreigners in it.
- They went about from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another people.
- He allowed no one to do them wrong. Yes, he reproved kings for their sakes,
- "Don't touch my anointed ones! Do my prophets no harm!"
- He called for a famine on the land. He destroyed the food supplies.
- He sent a man before them. Joseph was sold for a slave.
- They bruised his feet with shackles. His neck was locked in irons,
- until the time that his word happened, and Yahweh's word proved him true.
- The king sent and freed him; even the ruler of peoples, and let him go free.
- He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all of his possessions;
- to discipline his princes at his pleasure, and to teach his elders wisdom.
- Israel also came into Egypt. Jacob lived in the land of Ham.
- He increased his people greatly, and made them stronger than their adversaries.
- He turned their heart to hate his people, to conspire against his servants.
- He sent Moses, his servant, and Aaron, whom he had chosen.
- They performed miracles among them, and wonders in the land of Ham.
- He sent darkness, and made it dark. They didn't rebel against his words.
- He turned their waters into blood, and killed their fish.
- Their land swarmed with frogs, even in the rooms of their kings.
- He spoke, and swarms of flies came, and lice in all their borders.
- He gave them hail for rain, with lightning in their land.
- He struck their vines and also their fig trees, and shattered the trees of their country.
- He spoke, and the locusts came, and the grasshoppers, without number,
- ate up every plant in their land; and ate up the fruit of their ground.
- He struck also all the firstborn in their land, the first fruits of all their manhood.
- He brought them forth with silver and gold. There was not one feeble person among his tribes.
- Egypt was glad when they departed, for the fear of them had fallen on them.
- He spread a cloud for a covering, fire to give light in the night.
- They asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of the sky.
- He opened the rock, and waters gushed out. They ran as a river in the dry places.
- For he remembered his holy word, and Abraham, his servant.
- He brought forth his people with joy, his chosen with singing.
- He gave them the lands of the nations. They took the labor of the peoples in possession,
- that they might keep his statutes, and observe his laws. Praise Yah!
| Psalm 105 Text (Hebrew)
- הודו ליהוה קראו בשמו הודיעו בעמים עלילותיו׃
- שירו־לו זמרו־לו שיחו בכל־נפלאותיו׃
- התהללו בשם קדשו ישמח לב מבקשי יהוה׃
- דרשו יהוה ועזו בקשו פניו תמיד׃
- זכרו נפלאותיו אשר־עשה מפתיו ומשפטי־פיו׃
- זרע אברהם עבדו בני יעקב בחיריו׃
- הוא יהוה אלהינו בכל־הארץ משפטיו׃
- זכר לעולם בריתו דבר צוה לאלף דור׃
- אשר כרת את־אברהם ושבועתו לישחק׃
- ויעמידה ליעקב לחק לישראל ברית עולם׃
- לאמר לך אתן את־ארץ־כנען חבל נחלתכם׃
- בהיותם מתי מספר כמעט וגרים בה׃
- ויתהלכו מגוי אל־גוי מממלכה אל־עם אחר׃
- לא־הניח אדם לעשקם ויוכח עליהם מלכים׃
- אל־תגעו במשיחי ולנביאי אל־תרעו׃
- ויקרא רעב על־הארץ כל־מטה־לחם שבר׃
- שלח לפניהם איש לעבד נמכר יוסף׃
- ענו בכבל ברזל באה נפשו׃
- עד־עת בא־דברו אמרת יהוה צרפתהו׃
- שלח מלך ויתירהו משל עמים ויפתחהו׃
- שמו אדון לביתו ומשל בכל־קנינו׃
- לאסר שריו בנפשו וזקניו יחכם׃
- ויבא ישראל מצרים ויעקב גר בארץ־חם׃
- ויפר את־עמו מאד ויעצמהו מצריו׃
- הפך לבם לשנא עמו להתנכל בעבדיו׃
- שלח משה עבדו אהרן אשר בחר־בו׃
- שמו־בם דברי אתותיו ומפתים בארץ חם׃
- שלח חשך ויחשך ולא־מרו את־ ׃
- הפך את־מימיהם לדם וימת את־דגתם׃
- שרץ ארצם צפרדעים בחדרי מלכיהם׃
- אמר ויבא ערב כנים בכל־גבולם׃
- נתן גשמיהם ברד אש להבות בארצם׃
- ויך גפנם ותאנתם וישבר עץ גבולם׃
- אמר ויבא ארבה וילק ואין מספר׃
- ויאכל כל־עשב בארצם ויאכל פרי אדמתם׃
- ויך כל־בכור בארצם ראשית לכל־אונם׃
- ויוציאם בכסף וזהב ואין בשבטיו כושל׃
- שמח מצרים בצאתם כי־נפל פחדם עליהם׃
- פרש עןן למסך ואש להאיר לילה׃
- שאל ויבא שלו ולחם שמים ישביעם׃
- פתח צור ויזובו מים הלכו בציות נהר׃
- כי־זכר את־דבר קדשו את־אברהם עבדו׃
- ויוצא עמו בששון ברנה את־בחיריו׃
- ויתן להם ארצות גוים ועמל לאמים יירשו׃
- בעבור ישמרו חקיו ותורתיו ינצרו הללו־יה׃
| Psalm 105 Text (Latin)
- Alleluja. Confitemini Domino, et invocate nomen ejus ; annuntiate inter gentes opera ejus.
- Cantate ei, et psallite ei ; narrate omnia mirabilia ejus.
- Laudamini in nomine sancto ejus ; lætetur cor quærentium Dominum.
- Quærite Dominum, et confirmamini ; quærite faciem ejus semper.
- Mementote mirabilium ejus quæ fecit, prodigia ejus, et judicia oris ejus.
- Semen Abraham, servi ejus ; filii Jacob, electi ejus.
- Ipse Dominus Deus noster ; in universa terra judicia ejus.
- Memor fuit in sæculum testamenti sui ; verbi quod mandavit in mille generationes ;
- quod disposuit ad Abraham, et juramenti sui ad Isaac ;
- et statuit illud Jacob in præceptum, et Israël in testamentum æternum :
- dicens : Tibi dabo terram Chanaan, funiculum hæreditatis vestræ ;
- cum essent numero brevi, paucissimi et incolæ ejus.
- Et pertransierunt de gente in gentem, et de regno ad populum alterum.
- Non reliquit hominem nocere eis ; et corripuit pro eis reges.
- Nolite tangere christos meos, et in prophetis meis nolite malignari.
- Et vocavit famem super terram ; et omne firmamentum panis contrivit.
- Misit ante eos virum ; in servum venundatus est Joseph.
- Humiliaverunt in compedibus pedes ejus ; ferrum pertransiit animam ejus ;
- donec veniret verbum ejus, eloquium Domini inflammavit eum.
- Misit rex, et solvit eum ; princeps populorum, et dimisit eum.
- Constituit eum dominum domus suæ, et principem omnis possessionis suæ ;
- ut erudiret principes ejus sicut semetipsum, et senes ejus prudentiam doceret.
- Et intravit Israël in Ægyptum ; et Jacob accola fuit in terra Cham.
- Et auxit populum suum vehementer, et firmavit eum super inimicos ejus.
- Convertit cor eorum, ut odirent populum ejus, et dolum facerent in servos ejus.
- Misit Moysen, servum suum, Aaron quem elegit ipsum.
- Posuit in eis verba signorum suorum, et prodigiorum in terra Cham.
- Misit tenebras, et obscuravit ; et non exacerbavit sermones suos.
- Convertit aquas eorum in sanguinem, et occidit pisces eorum.
- Edidit terra eorum ranas in penetralibus regum ipsorum.
- Dixit, et venit cœnomyia, et ciniphes in omnibus finibus eorum.
- Posuit pluvias eorum grandinem, ignem comburentem in terra ipsorum.
- Et percussit vineas eorum, et ficulneas eorum, et contrivit lignum finium eorum.
- Dixit, et venit locusta, et bruchus cujus non erat numerus ;
- et comedit omne fœnum in terra eorum ; et comedit omnem fructum terræ eorum.
- Et percussit omne primogenitum in terra eorum, primitias omnis laboris eorum.
- Et eduxit eos cum argento et auro, et non erat in tribubus eorum infirmus.
- Lætata est Ægyptus in profectione eorum, quia incubuit timor eorum super eos.
- Expandit nubem in protectionem eorum, et ignem ut luceret eis per noctem.
- Petierunt, et venit coturnix, et pane cæli saturavit eos.
- Dirupit petram, et fluxerunt aquæ, abierunt in sicco flumina ;
- quoniam memor fuit verbi sancti sui, quod habuit ad Abraham, puerum suum.
- Et eduxit populum suum in exsultatione, et electos suos in lætitia.
- Et dedit illis regiones gentium, et labores populorum possederunt :
- ut custodiant justificationes ejus, et legem ejus requirant.
| Psalm 105 Text (KJV)
- O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.
- Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works.
- Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
- Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
- Remember his marvellous works that he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;
- O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.
- He is the LORD our God: his judgments are in all the earth.
- He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.
- Which covenant he made with Abraham, and his oath unto Isaac;
- And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
- Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:
- When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it.
- When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people;
- He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes;
- Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
- Moreover he called for a famine upon the land: he brake the whole staff of bread.
- He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant:
- Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron:
- Until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried him.
- The king sent and loosed him; even the ruler of the people, and let him go free.
- He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all his substance:
- To bind his princes at his pleasure; and teach his senators wisdom.
- Israel also came into Egypt; and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.
- And he increased his people greatly; and made them stronger than their enemies.
- He turned their heart to hate his people, to deal subtilly with his servants.
- He sent Moses his servant; and Aaron whom he had chosen.
- They shewed his signs among them, and wonders in the land of Ham.
- He sent darkness, and made it dark; and they rebelled not against his word.
- He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish.
- Their land brought forth frogs in abundance, in the chambers of their kings.
- He spake, and there came divers sorts of flies, and lice in all their coasts.
- He gave them hail for rain, and flaming fire in their land.
- He smote their vines also and their fig trees; and brake the trees of their coasts.
- He spake, and the locusts came, and caterpillers, and that without number,
- And did eat up all the herbs in their land, and devoured the fruit of their ground.
- He smote also all the firstborn in their land, the chief of all their strength.
- He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
- Egypt was glad when they departed: for the fear of them fell upon them.
- He spread a cloud for a covering; and fire to give light in the night.
- The people asked, and he brought quails, and satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
- He opened the rock, and the waters gushed out; they ran in the dry places like a river.
- For he remembered his holy promise, and Abraham his servant.
- And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness:
- And gave them the lands of the heathen: and they inherited the labour of the people;
- That they might observe his statutes, and keep his laws. Praise ye the LORD.