|Revelation 12 - Versions
|Revelation 12 Text (WEB)
- A great sign was seen in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
- She was with child. She cried out in pain, laboring to give birth.
- Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns.
- His tail drew one third of the stars of the sky, and threw them to the earth. The dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child.
- She gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron. Her child was caught up to God, and to his throne.
- The woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that there they may nourish her one thousand two hundred sixty days.
- There was war in the sky. Michael and his angels made war on the dragon. The dragon and his angels made war.
- They didn't prevail, neither was a place found for him any more in heaven.
- The great dragon was thrown down, the old serpent, he who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world. He was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.
- I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now is come the salvation, the power, and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ; for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night.
- They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.
- Therefore rejoice, heavens, and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and to the sea, because the devil has gone down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has but a short time."
- When the dragon saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male child.
- Two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, so that she might be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
- The serpent spewed water out of his mouth after the woman like a river, that he might cause her to be carried away by the stream.
- The earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon spewed out of his mouth.
- The dragon grew angry with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, who keep God's commandments and hold Jesus' testimony.
|Revelation 12 Text (Hebrew)
ואות גדולה נראתה בשמים אשה אשר השמש לבושה והירח תחת רגליה ועל ראשה עטרת שנים עשר כוכבים׃
והיא הרה ותזעק בחבליה ותקש בלדתה׃
ותרא אות אחרת בשמים והנה תנין גדול אדם כאש ולו שבעה ראשים ועשר קרנים ועל ראשיו שבעה כתרים׃
וזנבו סחב מן השמים שלישית הכוכבים וישליכם ארצה ויתיצב התנין לפני האשה החלה ללדת למען בלע את בנה בלדתה׃
ותלד בן זכר העתיד לרעות כל הגוים בשבט ברזל וילקח בנה אל האלהים ואל כסאו׃
והאשה ברחה המדברה אשר שם הוכן לה מקום מאת אלהים למען יכלכלוה שם ימים אלף ומאתים וששים׃
ותהי מלחמה בשמים מיכאל ומלאכיו נלחמים בתנין והתנין נלחם ומלאכיו׃
ולא התחזקו וגם מקומם לא נמצא עוד בשמים׃
ויוטל התנין הגדול הנחש הקדמוני אשר נקרא שמו מלשין ושטן המדיח תבל כלה הוא הוטל ארצה ומלאכיו עמו הוטלו׃
ואשמע קול גדול בשמים ויאמר עתה באה ישועת אלהינו ועזו ומלכותו וממשלת משיחו כי הורד שוטן אחינו העמד לשטנם לפני אלהינו יומם ולילה׃
והם נצחהו למען דם השה ולמען דבר עדותם ולא אהבו את נפשם עד למות׃
רנו על זאת שמים ושכניהם אוי לישבי ארץ וים כי ירד אליכם המלשין בחמה גדולה מדעתו כי קצרה עתו׃
ויהי כאשר ראה התנין כי הוטל ארצה וירדף את האשה אשר ילדה את הזכר׃
ויתנו לאשה שתי כנפי הנשר הגדול לעוף המדברה אל מקומה אשר תכלכל שם מועד מועדים וחצי מפני הנחש׃
וישלח הנחש נהר מים מפיו אחרי האשה לשטפה בנהר׃
ותעזר הארץ את האשה ותפתח הארץ את פיה ותבלע את הנהר אשר שלח התנין מפיהו׃
ויקצף התנין על האשה וילך לעשות מלחמה עם יתר זרעה השמרים פקודי אלהים ואשר להם עדות ישוע׃
|Revelation 12 Text (Latin)
- Et signum magnum apparuit in cælo : mulier amicta sole, et luna sub pedibus ejus, et in capite ejus corona stellarum duodecim :
- et in utero habens, clamabat parturiens, et cruciabatur ut pariat.
- Et visum est aliud signum in cælo : et ecce draco magnus rufus habens capita septem, et cornua decem : et in capitibus ejus diademata septem,
- et cauda ejus trahebat tertiam partem stellarum cæli, et misit eas in terram : et draco stetit ante mulierem, quæ erat paritura, ut cum peperisset, filium ejus devoraret.
- Et peperit filium masculum, qui recturus erat omnes gentes in virga ferrea : et raptus est filius ejus ad Deum, et ad thronum ejus,
- et mulier fugit in solitudinem ubi habebat locum paratum a Deo, ut ibi pascant eam diebus mille ducentis sexaginta.
- Et factum est prælium magnum in cælo : Michaël et angeli ejus præliabantur cum dracone, et draco pugnabat, et angeli ejus :
- et non valuerunt, neque locus inventus est eorum amplius in cælo.
- Et projectus est draco ille magnus, serpens antiquus, qui vocatur diabolus, et Satanas, qui seducit universum orbem : et projectus est in terram, et angeli ejus cum illo missi sunt.
- Et audivi vocem magnam in cælo dicentem : Nunc facta est salus, et virtus, et regnum Dei nostri, et potestas Christi ejus : quia projectus est accusator fratrum nostrorum, qui accusabat illos ante conspectum Dei nostri die ac nocte.
- Et ipsi vicerunt eum propter sanguinem Agni, et propter verbum testimonii sui, et non dilexerunt animas suas usque ad mortem.
- Propterea lætamini cæli, et qui habitatis in eis. Væ terræ, et mari, quia descendit diabolus ad vos habens iram magnam, sciens quod modicum tempus habet.
- Et postquam vidit draco quod projectus esset in terram, persecutus est mulierem, quæ peperit masculum :
- et datæ sunt mulieri alæ duæ aquilæ magnæ ut volaret in desertum in locum suum, ubi alitur per tempus et tempora, et dimidium temporis a facie serpentis.
- Et misit serpens ex ore suo post mulierem, aquam tamquam flumen, ut eam faceret trahi a flumine.
- Et adjuvit terra mulierem, et aperuit terra os suum, et absorbuit flumen, quod misit draco de ore suo.
- Et iratus est draco in mulierem : et abiit facere prælium cum reliquis de semine ejus, qui custodiunt mandata Dei, et habent testimonium Jesu Christi.
|Revelation 12 Text (KJV)
- And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
- And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
- And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
- And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
- And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
- And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
- And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
- And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
- And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
- And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
- Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
- And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
- And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
- And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
- And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
- And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.