|1 Chronicles 9 - Versions
|1 Chronicles 9 Text (WEB)
- So all Israel were reckoned by genealogies; and behold, they are written in the book of the kings of Israel: and Judah was carried away captive to Babylon for their disobedience.
- Now the first inhabitants who lived in their possessions in their cities were Israel, the priests, the Levites, and the Nethinim.
- In Jerusalem lived of the children of Judah, and of the children of Benjamin, and of the children of Ephraim and Manasseh:
- Uthai the son of Ammihud, the son of Omri, the son of Imri, the son of Bani, of the children of Perez the son of Judah.
- Of the Shilonites: Asaiah the firstborn, and his sons.
- Of the sons of Zerah: Jeuel, and their brothers, six hundred ninety.
- Of the sons of Benjamin: Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Hodaviah, the son of Hassenuah,
- and Ibneiah the son of Jeroham, and Elah the son of Uzzi, the son of Michri, and Meshullam the son of Shephatiah, the son of Reuel, the son of Ibnijah;
- and their brothers, according to their generations, nine hundred fifty-six. All these men were heads of fathers' [houses] by their fathers' houses.
- Of the priests: Jedaiah, and Jehoiarib, Jachin,
- and Azariah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the ruler of the house of God;
- and Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pashhur, the son of Malchijah, and Maasai the son of Adiel, the son of Jahzerah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Meshillemith, the son of Immer;
- and their brothers, heads of their fathers' houses, one thousand seven hundred sixty; very able men for the work of the service of the house of God.
- Of the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, of the sons of Merari;
- and Bakbakkar, Heresh, and Galal, and Mattaniah the son of Mica, the son of Zichri, the son of Asaph,
- and Obadiah the son of Shemaiah, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun, and Berechiah the son of Asa, the son of Elkanah, who lived in the villages of the Netophathites.
- The porters: Shallum, and Akkub, and Talmon, and Ahiman, and their brothers (Shallum was the chief),
- who hitherto [waited] in the king's gate eastward: they were the porters for the camp of the children of Levi.
- Shallum the son of Kore, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah, and his brothers, of his father's house, the Korahites, were over the work of the service, keepers of the thresholds of the tent: and their fathers had been over the camp of Yahweh, keepers of the entry.
- Phinehas the son of Eleazar was ruler over them in time past, [and] Yahweh was with him.
- Zechariah the son of Meshelemiah was porter of the door of the Tent of Meeting.
- All these who were chosen to be porters in the thresholds were two hundred and twelve. These were reckoned by genealogy in their villages, whom David and Samuel the seer did ordain in their office of trust.
- So they and their children had the oversight of the gates of the house of Yahweh, even the house of the tent, by wards.
- On the four sides were the porters, toward the east, west, north, and south.
- Their brothers, in their villages, were to come in every seven days from time to time to be with them:
- for the four chief porters, who were Levites, were in an office of trust, and were over the rooms and over the treasuries in the house of God.
- They lodged around the house of God, because that duty was on them; and to them pertained its opening morning by morning.
- Certain of them were in charge of the vessels of service; for by count were these brought in and by count were these taken out.
- Some of them also were appointed over the furniture, and over all the vessels of the sanctuary, and over the fine flour, and the wine, and the oil, and the frankincense, and the spices.
- Some of the sons of the priests prepared the confection of the spices.
- Mattithiah, one of the Levites, who was the firstborn of Shallum the Korahite, had the office of trust over the things that were baked in pans.
- Some of their brothers, of the sons of the Kohathites, were over the show bread, to prepare it every Sabbath.
- These are the singers, heads of fathers' [houses] of the Levites, [who lived] in the rooms [and were] free [from other service]; for they were employed in their work day and night.
- These were heads of fathers' [houses] of the Levites, throughout their generations, chief men: these lived at Jerusalem.
- In Gibeon there lived the father of Gibeon, Jeiel, whose wife's name was Maacah:
- and his firstborn son Abdon, and Zur, and Kish, and Baal, and Ner, and Nadab,
- and Gedor, and Ahio, and Zechariah, and Mikloth.
- Mikloth became the father of Shimeam. They also lived with their brothers in Jerusalem, over against their brothers.
- Ner became the father of Kish; and Kish became the father of Saul; and Saul became the father of Jonathan, and Malchishua, and Abinadab, and Eshbaal.
- The son of Jonathan was Merib Baal; and Merib Baal became the father of Micah.
- The sons of Micah: Pithon, and Melech, and Tahrea, [and Ahaz].
- Ahaz became the father of Jarah; and Jarah became the father of Alemeth, and Azmaveth, and Zimri; and Zimri became the father of Moza;
- and Moza became the father of Binea; and Rephaiah his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son.
- Azel had six sons, whose names are these: Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and Hanan: these were the sons of Azel.
|1 Chronicles 9 Text (Hebrew)
- וכל־ישראל התיחשו והנם כתובים על־ספר מלכי ישראל ויהודה הגלו לבבל במעלם׃ ס
- והיושבים הראשנים אשר באחזתם בעריהם ישראל הכהנים הלוים והנתינים׃
- ובירושלם ישבו מן־בני יהודה ומן־בני בנימן ומן־בני אפרים ומנשה׃
- עותי בן־עמיהוד בן־עמרי בן־אמרי בן־ ־בני־פרץ בן־יהודה׃
- ומן־השילוני עשיה הבכור ובניו׃
- ומן־בני־זרח יעואל ואחיהם שש־מאות ותשעים׃
- ומן־בני בנימן סלוא בן־משלם בן־הודויה בן־הסנאה׃
- ויבניה בן־ירחם ואלה בן־עזי בן־מכרי ומשלם בן־שפטיה בן־רעואל בן־יבניה׃
- ואחיהם לתלדותם תשע מאות וחמשים וששה כל־אלה אנשים ראשי אבות לבית אבתיהם׃ ס
- ומן־הכהנים ידעיה ויהויריב ויכין׃
- ועזריה בן־חלקיה בן־משלם בן־צדוק בן־מריות בן־אחיטוב נגיד בית האלהים׃ ס
- ועדיה בן־ירחם בן־פשחור בן־מלכיה ומעשי בן־עדיאל בן־יחזרה בן־משלם בן־משלמית בן־אמר׃
- ואחיהם ראשים לבית אבותם אלף ושבע מאות וששים גבורי חיל מלאכת עבודת בית־האלהים׃
- ומן־הלוים שמעיה בן־חשוב בן־עזריקם בן־חשביה מן־בני מררי׃
- ובקבקר חרש וגלל ומתניה בן־מיכא בן־זכרי בן־אסף׃
- ועבדיה בן־שמעיה בן־גלל בן־ידותון וברכיה בן־אסא בן־אלקנה היושב בחצרי נטופתי׃
- והשערים שלום ועקוב וטלמן ואחימן ואחיהם שלום הראש׃
- ועד־הנה בשער המלך מזרחה המה השערים למחנות בני לוי׃
- ושלום בן־קורא בן־אביסף בן־קרח ואחיו לבית־אביו הקרחים על מלאכת העבודה שמרי הספים לאהל ואבתיהם על־מחנה יהוה שמרי המבוא׃
- ופינחס בן־אלעזר נגיד היה עליהם לפנים יהוה עמו׃
- זכריה בן משלמיה שער פתח לאהל מועד׃
- כלם הברורים לשערים בספים מאתים ושנים עשר המה בחצריהם התיחשם המה יסד דויד ושמואל הראה באמונתם׃
- והם ובניהם על־השערים לבית־יהוה לבית־האהל למשמרות׃
- לארבע רוחות יהיו השערים מזרח ימה צפונה ונגבה׃
- ואחיהם בחצריהם לבוא לשבעת הימים מעת אל־עת עם־אלה׃
- כי באמונה המה ארבעת גברי השערים הם הלוים והיו על־הלשכות ועל האצרות בית האלהים׃
- וסביבות בית־האלהים ילינו כי־עליהם משמרת והם על־המפתח ולבקר לבקר׃
- ומהם על־כלי העבודה כי־במספר יביאום ובמספר יוציאום׃
- ומהם ממנים על־הכלים ועל כל־כלי הקדש ועל־הסלת והיין והשמן והלבונה והבשמים׃
- ומן־בני הכהנים רקחי המרקחת לבשמים׃
- ומתתיה מן־הלוים הוא הבכור לשלם הקרחי באמונה על מעשה החבתים׃
- ומן־בני הקהתי מן־אחיהם על־לחם המערכת להכין שבת שבת׃ ס
- ואלה המשררים ראשי אבות ללוים בלשכת כי־יוםם ולילה עליהם במלאכה׃
- אלה ראשי האבות ללוים לתלדותם ראשים אלה ישבו בירושלם׃ ף
- ובגבעון ישבו אבי־גבעון ושם אשתו מעכה׃
- ובנו הבכור עבדון וצור וקיש ובעל ונר ונדב׃
- וגדור ואחיו וזכריה ומקלות׃
- ומקלות הוליד את־שמאם ואף־הם נגד אחיהם ישבו בירושלם עם־אחיהם׃ ס
- ונר הוליד את־קיש וקיש הוליד את־שאול ושאול הוליד את־יהונתן ואת־מלכי־שוע ואת־אבינדב ואת־אשבעל׃
- ובן־יהונתן מריב בעל ומרי־בעל הוליד את־מיכה׃
- ובני מיכה פיתון ומלך ותחרע׃
- ואחז הוליד את־יערה ויערה הוליד את־עלמת ואת־עזמות ואת־זמרי וזמרי הוליד את־מוצא׃
- ומוצא הוליד את־בנעא ורפיה בנו אלעשה בנו אצל בנו׃
- ולאצל ששה בנים ואלה שמותם עזריקם בכרו וישמעאל ושעריה ועבדיה וחןן אלה בני אצל׃ ף
|1 Chronicles 9 Text (Latin)
- Universus ergo Israël dinumeratus est et summa eorum scripta est in libro regum Israël, et Juda : translatique sunt in Babylonem propter delictum suum.
- Qui autem habitaverunt primi in possessionibus, et in urbibus suis : Israël, et sacerdotes, et Levitæ, et Nathinæi.
- Commorati sunt in Jerusalem de filiis Juda, et de filiis Benjamin, de filiis quoque Ephraim, et Manasse.
- Othei filius Ammiud, filii Amri, filii Omrai, filii Bonni, de filiis Phares filii Juda.
- Et de Siloni : Asaia primogenitus, et filii ejus.
- De filiis autem Zara, Jehuel, et fratres eorum, sexcenti nonaginta.
- Porro de filiis Benjamin : Salo filius Mosollam, filii Oduia, filii Asana :
- et Jobania filius Jeroham : et Ela filius Ozi, filii Mochori : et Mosollam filius Saphatiæ, filii Rahuel, filii Jebaniæ,
- et fratres eorum per familias suas, nongenti quinquaginta sex. Omnes hi, principes cognationum per domos patrum suorum.
- De sacerdotibus autem : Jedaia, Joiarib, et Jachin :
- Azarias quoque filius Helciæ, filii Mosollam, filii Sadoc, filii Maraioth, filii Achitob, pontifex domus Dei.
- Porro Adaias filius Jeroham, filii Phassur, filii Melchiæ : et Maasai filius Adiel filii Jezra, filii Mosollam, filii Mosollamith, filii Emmer.
- Fratres quoque eorum principes per familias suas, mille septingenti sexaginta, fortissimi robore ad faciendum opus ministerii in domo Dei.
- De Levitis autem : Semeia filius Hassub filii Ezricam, filii Hasebia de filiis Merari.
- Bacbacar quoque carpentarius, et Galal, et Mathania filius Micha, filii Zechri, filii Asaph :
- et Obdia filius Semeiæ, filii Galal, filii Idithun : et Barachia filius Asa, filii Elcana, qui habitavit in atriis Netophati.
- Janitores autem : Sellum, et Accub, et Telmon, et Ahimam : et frater eorum Sellum princeps,
- usque ad illud tempus, in porta regis ad orientem, observabant per vices suas de filiis Levi.
- Sellum vero filius Core filii Abiasaph, filii Core, cum fratribus suis, et domo patris sui, hi sunt Coritæ super opera ministerii, custodes vestibulorum tabernaculi : et familiæ eorum per vices castrorum Domini custodientes introitum.
- Phinees autem filius Eleazari, erat dux eorum coram Domino.
- Porro Zacharias filius Mosollamia, janitor portæ tabernaculi testimonii.
- Omnes hi electi in ostiarios per portas, ducenti duodecim : et descripti in villis propriis, quos constituerunt David, et Samuel videns, in fide sua
- tam ipsos, quam filios eorum in ostiis domus Domini, et in tabernaculo vicibus suis.
- Per quatuor ventos erant ostiarii : id est, ad orientem, et ad occidentem, et ad aquilonem, et ad austrum.
- Fratres autem eorum in viculis morabantur, et veniebant in sabbatis suis de tempore usque ad tempus.
- His quatuor Levitis creditus erat omnis numerus janitorum, et erant super exedras, et thesauros domus Domini.
- Per gyrum quoque templi Domini morabantur in custodiis suis : ut cum tempus fuisset, ipsi mane aperirent fores.
- De horum genere erant et super vasa ministerii : ad numerum enim et inferebantur vasa, et efferebantur.
- De ipsis et qui credita habebant utensilia sanctuarii, præerant similæ, et vino, et oleo, et thuri, et aromatibus.
- Filii autem sacerdotum unguenta ex aromatibus conficiebant.
- Et Mathathias Levites primogenitus Sellum Coritæ, præfectus erat eorum, quæ in sartagine frigebantur.
- Porro de filiis Caath fratribus eorum, super panes erant propositionis, ut semper novos per singula sabbata præpararent.
- Hi sunt principes cantorum per familias Levitarum, qui in exedris morabantur, ut die ac nocte jugiter suo ministerio deservirent.
- Capita Levitarum, per familias suas principes, manserunt in Jerusalem.
- In Gabaon autem commorati sunt pater Gabaon Jehiel, et nomen uxoris ejus Maacha.
- Filius primogenitus ejus Abdon, et Sur, et Cis, et Baal, et Ner, et Nadab,
- Gedor quoque, et Ahio, et Zacharias, et Macelloth.
- Porro Macelloth genuit Samaan : isti habitaverunt e regione fratrum suorum in Jerusalem cum fratribus suis.
- Ner autem genuit Cis : et Cis genuit Saul : et Saul genuit Jonathan, et Melchisua, et Abinadab, et Esbaal.
- Filius autem Jonathan, Meribbaal : et Meribbaal genuit Micha.
- Porro filii Micha, Phithon, et Melech, et Tharaa, et Ahaz.
- Ahaz autem genuit Jara, et Jara genuit Alamath, et Azmoth, et Zamri. Zamri autem genuit Mosa.
- Mosa vero genuit Banaa : cujus filius Raphaia, genuit Elasa : de quo ortus est Asel.
- Porro Asel sex filios habuit his nominibus : Ezricam, Bocru, Ismahel, Saria, Obdia, Hanan : hi sunt filii Asel.
|1 Chronicles 9 Text (KJV)
- So all Israel were reckoned by genealogies; and, behold, they were written in the book of the kings of Israel and Judah, who were carried away to Babylon for their transgression.
- Now the first inhabitants that dwelt in their possessions in their cities were, the Israelites, the priests, Levites, and the Nethinims.
- And in Jerusalem dwelt of the children of Judah, and of the children of Benjamin, and of the children of Ephraim, and Manasseh;
- Uthai the son of Ammihud, the son of Omri, the son of Imri, the son of Bani, of the children of Pharez the son of Judah.
- And of the Shilonites; Asaiah the firstborn, and his sons.
- And of the sons of Zerah; Jeuel, and their brethren, six hundred and ninety.
- And of the sons of Benjamin; Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Hodaviah, the son of Hasenuah,
- And Ibneiah the son of Jeroham, and Elah the son of Uzzi, the son of Michri, and Meshullam the son of Shephathiah, the son of Reuel, the son of Ibnijah;
- And their brethren, according to their generations, nine hundred and fifty and six. All these men were chief of the fathers in the house of their fathers.
- And of the priests; Jedaiah, and Jehoiarib, and Jachin,
- And Azariah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the ruler of the house of God;
- And Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pashur, the son of Malchijah, and Maasiai the son of Adiel, the son of Jahzerah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Meshillemith, the son of Immer;
- And their brethren, heads of the house of their fathers, a thousand and seven hundred and threescore; very able men for the work of the service of the house of God.
- And of the Levites; Shemaiah the son of Hasshub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, of the sons of Merari;
- And Bakbakkar, Heresh, and Galal, and Mattaniah the son of Micah, the son of Zichri, the son of Asaph;
- And Obadiah the son of Shemaiah, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun, and Berechiah the son of Asa, the son of Elkanah, that dwelt in the villages of the Netophathites.
- And the porters were, Shallum, and Akkub, and Talmon, and Ahiman, and their brethren: Shallum was the chief;
- Who hitherto waited in the king's gate eastward: they were porters in the companies of the children of Levi.
- And Shallum the son of Kore, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah, and his brethren, of the house of his father, the Korahites, were over the work of the service, keepers of the gates of the tabernacle: and their fathers, being over the host of the LORD, were keepers of the entry.
- And Phinehas the son of Eleazar was the ruler over them in time past, and the Lord was with him.
- And Zechariah the son of Meshelemiah was porter of the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
- All these which were chosen to be porters in the gates were two hundred and twelve. These were reckoned by their genealogy in their villages, whom David and Samuel the seer did ordain in their set office.
- So they and their children had the oversight of the gates of the house of the Lord, namely, the house of the tabernacle, by wards.
- In four quarters were the porters, toward the east, west, north, and south.
- And their brethren, which were in their villages, were to come after seven days from time to time with them.
- For these Levites, the four chief porters, were in their set office, and were over the chambers and treasuries of the house of God.
- And they lodged round about the house of God, because the charge was upon them, and the opening thereof every morning pertained to them.
- And certain of them had the charge of the ministering vessels, that they should bring them in and out by tale.
- Some of them also were appointed to oversee the vessels, and all the instruments of the sanctuary, and the fine flour, and the wine, and the oil, and the frankincense, and the spices.
- And some of the sons of the priests made the ointment of the spices.
- And Mattithiah, one of the Levites, who was the firstborn of Shallum the Korahite, had the set office over the things that were made in the pans.
- And other of their brethren, of the sons of the Kohathites, were over the shewbread, to prepare it every sabbath.
- And these are the singers, chief of the fathers of the Levites, who remaining in the chambers were free: for they were employed in that work day and night.
- These chief fathers of the Levites were chief throughout their generations; these dwelt at Jerusalem.
- And in Gibeon dwelt the father of Gibeon, Jehiel, whose wife's name was Maachah:
- And his firstborn son Abdon, then Zur, and Kish, and Baal, and Ner, and Nadab,
- And Gedor, and Ahio, and Zechariah, and Mikloth.
- And Mikloth begat Shimeam. And they also dwelt with their brethren at Jerusalem, over against their brethren.
- And Ner begat Kish; and Kish begat Saul; and Saul begat Jonathan, and Malchi-shua, and Abinadab, and Esh-baal.
- And the son of Jonathan was Merib-baal: and Merib-baal begat Micah.
- And the sons of Micah were, Pithon, and Melech, and Tahrea, and Ahaz.
- And Ahaz begat Jarah; and Jarah begat Alemeth, and Azmaveth, and Zimri; and Zimri begat Moza;
- And Moza begat Binea; and Rephaiah his son, Eleasah his son, Azel his son.
- And Azel had six sons, whose names are these, Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and Hanan: these were the sons of Azel.