|1 John 2 - Versions
|1 John 2 Text (WEB)
- My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. If anyone sins, we have a Counselor with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous.
- And he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.
- This is how we know that we know him: if we keep his commandments.
- One who says, "I know him," and doesn't keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn't in him.
- But whoever keeps his word, God's love has most certainly been perfected in him. This is how we know that we are in him:
- he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked.
- Brothers, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.
- Again, I write a new commandment to you, which is true in him and in you; because the darkness is passing away, and the true light already shines.
- He who says he is in the light and hates his brother, is in the darkness even until now.
- He who loves his brother remains in the light, and there is no occasion for stumbling in him.
- But he who hates his brother is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness, and doesn't know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
- I write to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
- I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, little children, because you know the Father.
- I have written to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God remains in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
- Don't love the world, neither the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, the Father's love isn't in him.
- For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, isn't the Father's, but is the world's.
- The world is passing away with its lusts, but he who does God's will remains forever.
- Little children, these are the end times, and as you heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have arisen. By this we know that it is the final hour.
- They went out from us, but they didn't belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have continued with us. But they left, that they might be revealed that none of them belong to us.
- You have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.
- I have not written to you because you don't know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth.
- Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
- Whoever denies the Son, the same doesn't have the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also.
- Therefore, as for you, let that remain in you which you heard from the beginning. If that which you heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son, and in the Father.
- This is the promise which he promised us, the eternal life.
- These things I have written to you concerning those who would lead you astray.
- As for you, the anointing which you received from him remains in you, and you don't need for anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is no lie, and even as it taught you, you will remain in him.
- Now, little children, remain in him, that when he appears, we may have boldness, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
- If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of him.
|1 John 2 Text (Hebrew)
- בני הנני כתב אליכם את זאת לבלתי תחטאו ואם יחטא איש יש לנו מליץ לפני אבינו ישוע המשיח הצדיק׃
- והוא כפרה על חטאתינו ולא על חטאתינו לבד כי גם על חטאת כל העולם׃
- ובזאת נדע כי הכרנו אותו אם נשמר את מצותיו׃
- האמר הכרתיו ואת מצותיו לא ישמר כזב הוא והאמת אין בו׃
- אבל השמר את דברו בו נשלמה באמת אהבת אלהים ובזאת נדע כי בו אנחנו׃
- האמר כי בו יעמד עליו להתהלך בדרך אשר גם הוא הלך׃
- אחי אינני כתב לכם מצוה חדשה כי אם מצוה ישנה אשר היתה לכם מראש והמצוה הישנה היא הדבר אשר שמעתם מראש׃
- ועוד מצוה חדשה אני כתב לכם אשר היא אמת גם בו גם בכם כי החשך עבר והאור האמתי כבר זורח׃
- האומר כי ישנו באור והוא שנא את אחיו עודנו בחשך׃
- האהב את אחיו יעמד באור ומכשול אין בו׃
- והשנא את אחיו בחשך הוא ובחשך יתהלך ולא ידע אנה הוא הלך כי החשך עור את עיניו׃
- הנני כתב אליכם הבנים יען כי נסלחו לכם חטאתיכם למען שמו׃
- כתב אני אליכם האבות יען כי הכרתם אתו אשר הוא מראש כתב אני אליכם הבחורים יען כי התגברתם על הרע כתב אני אליכם הילדים יען כי הכרתם את האב׃
- כתבתי אליכם האבות יען כי הכרתם אתו אשר הוא מראש כתבתי אליכם הבחורים יען כי חזקתם ודבר האלהים שכן בקרבכם והתגברתם על הרע׃
- אל תאהבו את החלד ואת דברי החלד אם יאהב איש את החלד אין בו אהבת האב׃
- כי כל אשר בחלד תאות הבשר ותאות העינים וגאות ההון איננו מן אבינו כי אם מן החלד׃
- והחלד עבור יעבר עם תאותיו והעשה רצון אלהים יעמד לעד׃
- ילדי הנה השעה האחרונה באה וכאשר שמעתם כי יבא צר המשיח כן עתה רבו צרי המשיח ובזאת נדע כי היא השעה האחרונה׃
- מאתנו יצאו אך לא משלנו היו כי אלו היו משלנו כי אז היו עמדים עמנו אבל למען יגלו כי לא כלם משלנו המה׃
- ואתם המשחה לכם מאת הקדוש וידעתם הכל׃
- לא כתבתי אליכם יען כי לא ידעתם את האמת אך יען כי ידעתם אתה ואשר כל כזב איננו מן האמת׃
- מי הוא הכזב אם לא המכחש בישוע לאמר כי איננו המשיח זה הוא צר המשיח המכחש באב ובבן׃
- כל המכחש בבן גם האב אין לו׃
- ואתם יקם נא בכם הדבר אשר שמעתם מראש ואם יקום בכם אשר שמעתם מראש אז גם אתם תקומו בבן ובאב׃
- וההבטחה אשר הבטיחנו היא חיי עולמים׃
- זאת כתבתי אליכם מפני המתעים אתכם׃
- ואתם המשחה אשר קבלתם מאתו עמדת בכם ולא תצטרכו לאיש אשר ילמדכם כי אם כאשר תלמד אתכם המשחה בכל דבר היא האמת ואיננה כזב וכאשר למדה אתכם כן תעמדו בו׃
- ועתה בנים עמדו בו למען יאמץ לבנו בהראותו ולא נבוש מפניו בבואו׃
- אם ידעתם כי צדיק הוא דעו כי כל עשה צדקה נולד ממנו׃
|1 John 2 Text (Latin)
- Filioli mei, hæc scribo vobis, ut non peccetis. Sed et si quis peccaverit, advocatum habemus apud Patrem, Jesum Christum justum :
- et ipse est propitiatio pro peccatis nostris : non pro nostris autem tantum, sed etiam pro totius mundi.
- Et in hoc scimus quoniam cognovimus eum, si mandata ejus observemus.
- Qui dicit se nosse eum, et mandata ejus non custodit, mendax est, et in hoc veritas non est.
- Qui autem servat verbum ejus, vere in hoc caritas Dei perfecta est : et in hoc scimus quoniam in ipso sumus.
- Qui dicit se in ipso manere, debet, sicut ille ambulavit, et ipse ambulare.
- Carissimi, non mandatum novum scribo vobis, sed mandatum vetus, quod habuistis ab initio. Mandatum vetus est verbum, quod audistis.
- Iterum mandatum novum scribo vobis, quod verum est et in ipso, et in vobis : quia tenebræ transierunt, et verum lumen jam lucet.
- Qui dicit se in luce esse, et fratrem suum odit, in tenebris est usque adhuc.
- Qui diligit fratrem suum, in lumine manet, et scandalum in eo non est.
- Qui autem odit fratrem suum, in tenebris est, et in tenebris ambulat, et nescit quo eat : quia tenebræ obcæcaverunt oculos ejus.
- Scribo vobis, filioli, quoniam remittuntur vobis peccata propter nomen ejus.
- Scribo vobis, patres, quoniam cognovistis eum, qui ab initio est. Scribo vobis, adolescentes, quoniam vicistis malignum.
- Scribo vobis, infantes, quoniam cognovistis patrem. Scribo vobis juvenes, quoniam fortes estis, et verbum Dei manet in vobis, et vicistis malignum.
- Nolite diligere mundum, neque ea quæ in mundo sunt. Si quis diligit mundum, non est caritas Patris in eo :
- quoniam omne quod est in mundo, concupiscentia carnis est, et concupiscentia oculorum, et superbia vitæ : quæ non est ex Patre, sed ex mundo est.
- Et mundus transit, et concupiscentia ejus : qui autem facit voluntatem Dei manet in æternum.
- Filioli, novissima hora est : et sicut audistis quia antichristus venit, et nunc antichristi multi facti sunt ; unde scimus, quia novissima hora est.
- Ex nobis prodierunt, sed non erant ex nobis, nam, si fuissent ex nobis, permansissent utique nobiscum : sed ut manifesti sint quoniam non sunt omnes ex nobis.
- Sed vos unctionem habetis a Sancto, et nostis omnia.
- Non scripsi vobis quasi ignorantibus veritatem, sed quasi scientibus eam : et quoniam omne mendacium ex veritate non est.
- Quis est mendax, nisi is qui negat quoniam Jesus est Christus ? Hic est antichristus, qui negat Patrem, et Filium.
- Omnis qui negat Filium, nec Patrem habet : qui confitetur Filium, et Patrem habet.
- Vos quod audistis ab initio, in vobis permaneat : si in vobis permanserit quod audistis ab initio, et vos in Filio et Patre manebitis.
- Et hæc est repromissio, quam ipse pollicitus est nobis, vitam æternam.
- Hæc scripsi vobis de his, qui seducant vos.
- Et vos unctionem, quam accepistis ab eo, maneat in vobis. Et non necesse habetis ut aliquis doceat vos : sed sicut unctio ejus docet vos de omnibus, et verum est, et non est mendacium. Et sicut docuit vos : manete in eo.
- Et nunc, filioli, manete in eo : ut cum apparuerit, habeamus fiduciam, et non confundamur ab eo in adventu ejus.
- Si scitis quoniam justus est, scitote quoniam et omnis, qui facit justitiam, ex ipso natus est.
|1 John 2 Text (KJV)
- My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
- And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
- And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
- He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
- But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
- He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
- Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
- Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
- He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
- He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
- But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
- I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
- I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
- I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
- For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
- And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
- Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
- They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
- But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
- I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
- Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
- Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
- Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
- And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
- These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
- But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
- And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
- If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.