|1 Samuel 27 - Versions
|1 Samuel 27 Text (WEB)
- David said in his heart, "I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul. There is nothing better for me than that I should escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul will despair of me, to seek me any more in all the borders of Israel. So shall I escape out of his hand."
- David arose, and passed over, he and the six hundred men who were with him, to Achish the son of Maoch, king of Gath.
- David lived with Achish at Gath, he and his men, every man with his household, even David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal's wife.
- It was told Saul that David was fled to Gath: and he sought no more again for him.
- David said to Achish, "If now I have found favor in your eyes, let them give me a place in one of the cities in the country, that I may dwell there. For why should your servant dwell in the royal city with you?"
- Then Achish gave him Ziklag that day: why Ziklag pertains to the kings of Judah to this day.
- The number of the days that David lived in the country of the Philistines was a full year and four months.
- David and his men went up, and made a raid on the Geshurites, and the Girzites, and the Amalekites; for those [nations] were the inhabitants of the land, who were of old, as you go to Shur, even to the land of Egypt.
- David struck the land, and saved neither man nor woman alive, and took away the sheep, and the cattle, and the donkeys, and the camels, and the clothing; and he returned, and came to Achish.
- Achish said, "Against whom have you made a raid today?" David said, "Against the South of Judah, against the South of the Jerahmeelites, and against the South of the Kenites."
- David saved neither man nor woman alive, to bring them to Gath, saying, "Lest they should tell of us, saying, 'So did David, and so has been his way all the while he has lived in the country of the Philistines.'"
- Achish believed David, saying, "He has made his people Israel utterly to abhor him. Therefore he shall be my servant forever."
|1 Samuel 27 Text (Hebrew)
- ויאמר דוד אל־לבו עתה אספה יום־אחד ביד־שאול אין־לי טוב כי המלט אמלט אל־ארץ פלשתים ונואש ממני שאול לבקשני עוד בכל־גבול ישראל ונמלטתי מידו׃
- ויקם דוד ויעבר הוא ושש־מאות איש אשר עמו אל־אכיש בן־מעוך מלך גת׃
- וישב דוד עם־אכיש בגת הוא ואנשיו איש וביתו דוד ושתי נשיו אחינעם היזרעאלית ואביגיל אשת־נבל הכרמלית׃
- ויגד לשאול כי־ברח דוד גת ולא־ עוד לבקשו׃ ס
- ויאמר דוד אל־אכיש אם־נא מצאתי חן בעיניך יתנו־לי מקום באחת ערי השדה ואשבה שם ולמה ישב עבדך בעיר הממלכה עמך׃
- ויתן־לו אכיש ביום ההוא את־צקלג לכן היתה צקלג למלכי יהודה עד היום הזה׃ ף
- ויהי מספר הימים אשר־ישב דוד בשדה פלשתים ימים וארבעה חדשים׃
- ויעל דוד ואנשיו ויפשטו אל־הגשורי והעמלקי כי הנה ישבות הארץ אשר מעולם בואך שורה ועד־ארץ מצרים׃
- והכה דוד את־הארץ ולא יחיה איש ואשה ולקח צאן ובקר וחמרים וגמלים ובגדים וישב ויבא אל־אכיש׃
- ויאמר אכיש אל־פשטתם היום ויאמר דוד על־נגב יהודה ועל־נגב הירחמאלי ואל־נגב הקיני׃
- ואיש ואשה לא־יחיה דוד להביא גת לאמר פן־יגדו עלינו לאמר כה־עשה דוד וכה משפטו כל־הימים אשר ישב בשדה פלשתים׃
- ויאמן אכיש בדוד לאמר הבאש הבאיש בעמו בישראל והיה לי לעבד עולם׃ ף
|1 Samuel 27 Text (Latin)
- Et ait David in corde suo : Aliquando incidam una die in manus Saul : nonne melius est ut fugiam, et salver in terra Philisthinorum, ut desperet Saul, cessetque me quærere in cunctis finibus Israël ? Fugiam ergo manus ejus.
- Et surrexit David, et abiit ipse, et sexcenti viri cum eo, ad Achis filium Maoch regem Geth.
- Et habitavit David cum Achis in Geth, ipse et viri ejus : vir et domus ejus : et David, et duæ uxores ejus, Achinoam Jezrahelitis, et Abigail uxor Nabal Carmeli.
- Et nuntiatum est Sauli quod fugisset David in Geth, et non addidit ultra quærere eum.
- Dixit autem David ad Achis : Si inveni gratiam in oculis tuis, detur mihi locus in una urbium regionis hujus, ut habitem ibi : cur enim manet servus tuus in civitate regis tecum ?
- Dedit itaque ei Achis in die illa Siceleg : propter quam causam facta est Siceleg regum Juda, usque in diem hanc.
- Fuit autem numerus dierum, quibus habitavit David in regione Philisthinorum, quatuor mensium.
- Et ascendit David et viri ejus, et agebant prædas de Gessuri, et de Gerzi, et de Amalecitis : hi enim pagi habitabantur in terra antiquitus, euntibus Sur usque ad terram Ægypti.
- Et percutiebat David omnem terram, nec relinquebat viventem virum et mulierem : tollensque oves, et boves, et asinos, et camelos, et vestes, revertebatur, et veniebat ad Achis.
- Dicebat autem ei Achis : In quem irruisti hodie ? Respondebat David : Contra meridiem Judæ, et contra meridiem Jerameel, et contra meridiem Ceni.
- Virum et mulierem non vivificabat David, nec adducebat in Geth, dicens : Ne forte loquantur adversum nos : Hæc fecit David : et hoc erat decretum illi omnibus diebus quibus habitavit in regione Philisthinorum.
- Credidit ergo Achis David, dicens : Multa mala operatus est contra populum suum Israël : erit igitur mihi servus sempiternus.
|1 Samuel 27 Text (KJV)
- And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.
- And David arose, and he passed over with the six hundred men that were with him unto Achish, the son of Maoch, king of Gath.
- And David dwelt with Achish at Gath, he and his men, every man with his household, even David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal's wife.
- And it was told Saul that David was fled to Gath: and he sought no more again for him.
- And David said unto Achish, If I have now found grace in thine eyes, let them give me a place in some town in the country, that I may dwell there: for why should thy servant dwell in the royal city with thee?
- Then Achish gave him Ziklag that day: wherefore Ziklag pertaineth unto the kings of Judah unto this day.
- And the time that David dwelt in the country of the Philistines was a full year and four months.
- And David and his men went up, and invaded the Geshurites, and the Gezrites, and the Amalekites: for those nations were of old the inhabitants of the land, as thou goest to Shur, even unto the land of Egypt.
- And David smote the land, and left neither man nor woman alive, and took away the sheep, and the oxen, and the asses, and the camels, and the apparel, and returned, and came to Achish.
- And Achish said, Whither have ye made a road to day? And David said, Against the south of Judah, and against the south of the Jerahmeelites, and against the south of the Kenites.
- And David saved neither man nor woman alive, to bring tidings to Gath, saying, Lest they should tell on us, saying, So did David, and so will be his manner all the while he dwelleth in the country of the Philistines.
- And Achish believed David, saying, He hath made his people Israel utterly to abhor him; therefore he shall be my servant for ever.