|Ezekiel 23 - Versions
|Ezekiel 23 Text (WEB)
- The word of Yahweh came again to me, saying,
- Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother:
- and they played the prostitute in Egypt; they played the prostitute in their youth; there were their breasts pressed, and there was handled the bosom of their virginity.
- The names of them were Oholah the elder, and Oholibah her sister: and they became mine, and they bore sons and daughters. As for their names, Samaria is Oholah, and Jerusalem Oholibah.
- Oholah played the prostitute when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians [her] neighbors,
- who were clothed with blue, governors and rulers, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding on horses.
- She bestowed her prostitution on them, the choicest men of Assyria all of them; and on whoever she doted, with all their idols she defiled herself.
- Neither has she left her prostitution since [the days of] Egypt; for in her youth they lay with her, and they handled the bosom of her virginity; and they poured out their prostitution on her.
- Therefore I delivered her into the hand of her lovers, into the hand of the Assyrians, on whom she doted.
- These uncovered her nakedness; they took her sons and her daughters; and her they killed with the sword: and she became a byword among women; for they executed judgments on her.
- Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet was she more corrupt in her doting than she, and in her prostitution which were more than the prostitution of her sister.
- She doted on the Assyrians, governors and rulers, [her] neighbors, clothed most gorgeously, horsemen riding on horses, all of them desirable young men.
- I saw that she was defiled; they both took one way.
- She increased her prostitution; for she saw men portrayed on the wall, the images of the Chaldeans portrayed with vermilion,
- dressed with girdles on their waists, with flowing turbans on their heads, all of them princes to look on, after the likeness of the Babylonians in Chaldea, the land of their birth.
- As soon as she saw them she doted on them, and sent messengers to them into Chaldea.
- The Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their prostitution, and she was polluted with them, and her soul was alienated from them.
- So she uncovered her prostitution, and uncovered her nakedness: then my soul was alienated from her, like as my soul was alienated from her sister.
- Yet she multiplied her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth, in which she had played the prostitute in the land of Egypt.
- She doted on their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of donkeys, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
- Thus you called to memory the lewdness of your youth, in the handling of your bosom by the Egyptians for the breasts of your youth.
- Therefore, Oholibah, thus says the Lord Yahweh: Behold, I will raise up your lovers against you, from whom your soul is alienated, and I will bring them against you on every side:
- the Babylonians and all the Chaldeans, Pekod and Shoa and Koa, [and] all the Assyrians with them; desirable young men, governors and rulers all of them, princes and men of renown, all of them riding on horses.
- They shall come against you with weapons, chariots, and wagons, and with a company of peoples; they shall set themselves against you with buckler and shield and helmet all around; and I will commit the judgment to them, and they shall judge you according to their judgments.
- I will set my jealousy against you, and they shall deal with you in fury; they shall take away your nose and your ears; and your residue shall fall by the sword: they shall take your sons and your daughters; and your residue shall be devoured by the fire.
- They shall also strip you of your clothes, and take away your beautiful jewels.
- Thus will I make your lewdness to cease from you, and your prostitution [brought] from the land of Egypt; so that you shall not lift up your eyes to them, nor remember Egypt any more.
- For thus says the Lord Yahweh: Behold, I will deliver you into the hand of them whom you hate, into the hand of them from whom your soul is alienated;
- and they shall deal with you in hatred, and shall take away all your labor, and shall leave you naked and bare; and the nakedness of your prostitution shall be uncovered, both your lewdness and your prostitution.
- These things shall be done to you, because you have played the prostitute after the nations, and because you are polluted with their idols.
- You have walked in the way of your sister; therefore will I give her cup into your hand.
- Thus says the Lord Yahweh: You will drink of your sister's cup, which is deep and large; you will be ridiculed and held in derision; it contains much.
- You shall be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of your sister Samaria.
- You shall even drink it and drain it out, and you shall gnaw the broken pieces of it, and shall tear your breasts; for I have spoken it, says the Lord Yahweh.
- Therefore thus says the Lord Yahweh: Because you have forgotten me, and cast me behind your back, therefore you also bear your lewdness and your prostitution.
- Yahweh said moreover to me: Son of man, will you judge Oholah and Oholibah? then declare to them their abominations.
- For they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands; and with their idols have they committed adultery; and they have also caused their sons, whom they bore to me, to pass through [the fire] to them to be devoured.
- Moreover this they have done to me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my Sabbaths.
- For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and behold, thus have they done in the midst of my house.
- Furthermore you have sent for men who come from far, to whom a messenger was sent, and behold, they came; for whom you did wash yourself, paint your eyes, and decorate yourself with ornaments,
- and sit on a stately bed, with a table prepared before it, whereupon you set my incense and my oil.
- The voice of a multitude being at ease was with her: and with men of the common sort were brought drunkards from the wilderness; and they put bracelets on the hands of them [twain], and beautiful crowns on their heads.
- Then I said of her who was old in adulteries, Now will they play the prostitute with her, and she [with them].
- They went in to her, as they go in to a prostitute: so went they in to Oholah and to Oholibah, the lewd women.
- Righteous men, they shall judge them with the judgment of adulteresses, and with the judgment of women who shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.
- For thus says the Lord Yahweh: I will bring up a company against them, and will give them to be tossed back and forth and robbed.
- The company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall kill their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.
- Thus will I cause lewdness to cease out of the land, that all women may be taught not to do after your lewdness.
- They shall recompense your lewdness on you, and you shall bear the sins of your idols; and you shall know that I am the Lord Yahweh.
|Ezekiel 23 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי דבר־יהוה אלי לאמר׃
- בן־אדם שתים נשים בנות אם־אחת היו׃
- ותזנינה במצרים בנעוריהן זנו שמה מעכו שדיהן ושם עשו דדי בתוליהן׃
- ושמותן אהלה הגדולה ואהליבה אחותה ותהיינה לי ותלדנה בנים ובנות ושמותן שמרון אהלה וירושלם אהליבה׃
- ותזן אהלה תחתי ותעגב על־מאהביה אל־אשור קרובים׃
- לבשי תכלת פחות וסגנים בחורי חמד כלם פרשים רכבי סוסים׃
- ותתן תזנותיה עליהם מבחר בני־אשור כלם ובכל אשר־עגבה בכל־גלוליהם נטמאה׃
- ואת־תזנותיה ממצרים לא עזבה כי אותה שכבו בנעוריה והמה עשו דדי בתוליה וישפכו תזנותם עליה׃
- לכן נתתיה ביד־מאהביה ביד בני אשור אשר עגבה עליהם׃
- המה גלו ערותה בניה ובנותיה לקחו ואותה בחרב הרגו ותהי־שם לנשים ושפוטים עשו בה׃ ס
- ותרא אחותה אהליבה ותשחת עגבתה ממנה ואת־תזנותיה מזנוני אחותה׃
- אל־בני אשור עגבה פחות וסגנים קרבים לבשי מכלול פרשים רכבי סוסים בחורי חמד כלם׃
- וארא כי נטמאה דרך אחד לשתיהן׃
- ותוסף אל־תזנותיה ותרא אנשי מחקה על־הקיר צלמי חקקים בששר׃
- חגורי אזור במתניהם סרוחי טבולים בראשיהם מראה שלשים כלם דמות בני־בבל כשדים ארץ מולדתם׃
- עליהם למראה עיניה ותשלח מלאכים אליהם כשדימה׃
- ויבאו אליה בני־בבל למשכב דדים ויטמאו אותה בתזנותם ותטמא־בם ותקע נפשה מהם׃
- ותגל תזנותיה ותגל את־ערותה ותקע נפשי מעליה כאשר נקעה נפשי מעל אחותה׃
- ותרבה את־תזנותיה לזכר את־ימי נעוריה אשר זנתה בארץ מצרים׃
- ותעגבה על פלגשיהם אשר בשר־חמורים בשרם וזרמת סוסים זרמתם׃
- ותפקדי את זמת נעוריך בעשות ממצרים דדיך למען שדי נעוריך׃ ס
- לכן אהליבה כה־אמר אדני יהוה הנני מעיר את־מאהביך עליך את אשר־נקעה נפשך מהם והבאתים עליך מסביב׃
- בני בבל וכל־כשדים פקוד ושוע וקוע כל־בני אשור אותם בחורי חמד פחות וסגנים כלם שלשים וקרואים רכבי סוסים כלם׃
- ובאו עליך הצן רכב וגלגל ובקהל עמים צנה ומגן וקובע ישימו עליך סביב ונתתי לפניהם משפט ושפטוך במשפטיהם׃
- ונתתי קנאתי בך ועשו אותך בחמה אפך ואזניך יסירו ואחריתך בחרב תפול המה בניך ובנותיך יקחו ואחריתך תאכל באש׃
- והפשיטוך את־בגדיך ולקחו כלי תפארתך׃
- והשבתי זמתך ממך ואת־זנותך מארץ מצרים ולא־תשאי עיניך אליהם ומצרים לא תזכרי־עוד׃ ס
- כי כה אמר אדני יהוה הנני נתנך ביד אשר שנאת ביד אשר־נקעה נפשך מהם׃
- ועשו אותך בשנאה ולקחו כל־יגיעך ועזבוך עירם ועריה ונגלה ערות זנוניך וזמתך ותזנותיך׃
- עשה אלה לך בזנותך אחרי גוים על אשר־נטמאת בגלוליהם׃
- בדרך אחותך הלכת ונתתי כוסה בידך׃ ס
- כה אמר אדני יהוה כוס אחותך תשתי העמקה והרחבה תהיה לצחק וללעג מרבה להכיל׃
- שכרון ויגון תמלאי כוס שמה ושממה כוס אחותך שמרון׃
- ושתית אותה ומצית ואת־חרשיה תגרמי ושדיך תנתקי כי אני דברתי נאם אדני יהוה׃ ס
- לכן כה אמר אדני יהוה יען שכחת אותי ותשליכי אותי אחרי גוך וגם־את שאי זמתך ואת־תזנותיך׃ ס
- ויאמר יהוה אלי בן־אדם התשפוט את־אהלה ואת־אהליבה והגד להן את תועבותיהן׃
- כי נאפו ודם בידיהן ואת־גלוליהן נאפו וגם את־בניהן אשר ילדו־לי העבירו להם לאכלה׃
- עוד זאת עשו לי טמאו את־מקדשי ביום ההוא ואת־שבתותי חללו׃
- ובשחטם את־בניהם לגלוליהם ויבאו אל־מקדשי ביום ההוא לחללו והנה־כה עשו בתוך ביתי׃
- ואף כי תשלחנה לאנשים באים ממרחק אשר מלאך שלוח אליהם והנה־באו לאשר רחצת כחלת עיניך ועדית עדי׃
- וישבת על־מטה כבודה ושלחן ערוך לפניה וקטרתי ושמני שמת עליה׃
- וקול המון שלו בה ואל־אנשים מרב אדם מובאים ממדבר ויתנו צמידים אל־ידיהן ועטרת תפארת על־ראשיהן׃
- ואמר לבלה נאופים תזנותה והיא׃
- ויבוא אליה כבוא אל־אשה זונה כן באו אל־אהלה ואל־אהליבה אשת הזמה׃
- ואנשים צדיקם המה ישפטו אותהם משפט נאפות ומשפט שפכות דם כי נאפת הנה ודם בידיהן׃ ס
- כי כה אמר אדני יהוה העלה עליהם קהל ונתן אתהן לזעוה ולבז׃
- ורגמו עליהן אבן קהל וברא אותהן בחרבותם בניהם ובנותיהם יהרגו ובתיהן באש ישרפו׃
- והשבתי זמה מן־הארץ ונוסרו כל־הנשים ולא תעשינה כזמתכנה׃
- ונתנו זמתכנה עליכן וחטאי גלוליכן תשאינה וידעתם כי אני אדני יהוה׃ ף
|Ezekiel 23 Text (Latin)
- Et factus est sermo Domini ad me, dicens :
- Fili hominis, duæ mulieres filiæ matris unius fuerunt :
- et fornicatæ sunt in Ægypto, in adolescentia sua fornicatæ sunt : ibi subacta sunt ubera earum, et fractæ sunt mammæ pubertatis earum.
- Nomina autem earum, Oolla major, et Ooliba soror ejus minor : et habui eas, et pepererunt filios et filias. Porro earum nomina, Samaria Oolla, et Jerusalem Ooliba.
- Fornicata est igitur super me Oolla, et insanivit in amatores suos, in Assyrios propinquantes,
- vestitos hyacintho, principes et magistratus, juvenes cupidinis, universos equites, ascensores equorum.
- Et dedit fornicationes suas super eos electos, filios Assyriorum universos : et in omnibus in quos insanivit, in immunditiis eorum polluta est.
- Insuper et fornicationes suas, quas habuerat in Ægypto, non reliquit : nam et illi dormierunt cum ea in adolescentia ejus, et illi confregerunt ubera pubertatis ejus, et effuderunt fornicationem suam super eam.
- Propterea tradidi eam in manus amatorum suorum, in manus filiorum Assur, super quorum insanivit libidine.
- Ipsi discooperuerunt ignominiam ejus, filios et filias ejus tulerunt, et ipsam occiderunt gladio : et factæ sunt famosæ mulieres, et judicia perpetraverunt in ea.
- Quod cum vidisset soror ejus Ooliba, plus quam illa insanivit libidine : et fornicationem suam super fornicationem sororis suæ :
- ad filios Assyriorum præbuit impudenter, ducibus et magistratibus ad se venientibus, indutis veste varia, equitibus qui vectabantur equis, et adolescentibus forma cunctis egregia.
- Et vidi quod polluta esset via una ambarum.
- Et auxit fornicationes suas : cumque vidisset viros depictos in pariete, imagines Chaldæorum expressas coloribus,
- et accinctos balteis renes, et tiaras tinctas in capitibus eorum, formam ducum omnium, similitudinem filiorum Babylonis, terræque Chaldæorum, in qua orti sunt,
- insanivit super eos concupiscentia oculorum suorum, et misit nuntios ad eos in Chaldæam.
- Cumque venissent ad eam filii Babylonis ad cubile mammarum, polluerunt eam stupris suis : et polluta est ab eis, et saturata est anima ejus ab illis.
- Denudavit quoque fornicationes suas, et discooperuit ignominiam suam : et recessit anima mea ab ea, sicut recesserat anima mea a sorore ejus :
- multiplicavit enim fornicationes suas, recordans dies adolescentiæ suæ, quibus fornicata est in terra Ægypti.
- Et insanivit libidine super concubitum eorum, quorum carnes sunt ut carnes asinorum, et sicut fluxus equorum fluxus eorum.
- Et visitasti scelus adolescentiæ tuæ, quando subacta sunt in Ægypto ubera tua, et confractæ sunt mammæ pubertatis tuæ.
- Propterea, Ooliba, hæc dicit Dominus Deus : Ecce ego suscitabo omnes amatores tuos contra te, de quibus satiata est anima tua, et congregabo eos adversum te in circuitu :
- filios Babylonis, et universos Chaldæos, nobiles, tyrannosque, et principes, omnes filios Assyriorum, juvenes forma egregia, duces et magistratus universos, principes principum, et nominatos ascensores equorum :
- et venient super te instructi curru et rota, multitudo populorum : lorica, et clypeo, et galea armabuntur contra te undique : et dabo coram eis judicium, et judicabunt te judiciis suis.
- Et ponam zelum meum in te, quem exercent tecum in furore : nasum tuum et aures tuas præcident, et quæ remanserint, gladio concident. Ipsi filios tuos et filias tuas capient, et novissimum tuum devorabitur igni :
- et denudabunt te vestimentis tuis, et tollent vasa gloriæ tuæ.
- Et requiescere faciam scelus tuum de te, et fornicationem tuam de terra Ægypti : nec levabis oculos tuos ad eos, et Ægypti non recordaberis amplius.
- Quia hæc dicit Dominus Deus : Ecce ego tradam te in manus eorum quos odisti, in manus de quibus satiata est anima tua.
- Et agent tecum in odio, et tollent omnes labores tuos, et dimittent te nudam et ignominia plenam : et revelabitur ignominia fornicationum tuarum, scelus tuum, et fornicationes tuæ.
- Fecerunt hæc tibi, quia fornicata es post gentes inter quas polluta es in idolis earum.
- In via sororis tuæ ambulasti, et dabo calicem ejus in manu tua.
- Hæc dicit Dominus Deus : Calicem sororis tuæ bibes profundum et latum : eris in derisum et in subsannationem quæ est capacissima.
- Ebrietate et dolore repleberis : calice mœroris, et tristitiæ, calice sororis tuæ Samariæ.
- Et bibes illum, et epotabis usque ad fæces : et fragmenta ejus devorabis, et ubera tua lacerabis, quia ego locutus sum, ait Dominus Deus.
- Propterea hæc dicit Dominus Deus : Quia oblita es mei, et projecisti me post corpus tuum, tu quoque porta scelus tuum et fornicationes tuas.
- Et ait Dominus ad me, dicens : Fili hominis, numquid judicas Oollam et Oolibam, et annuntias eis scelera earum ?
- Quia adulteratæ sunt, et sanguis in manibus earum, et cum idolis suis fornicatæ sunt : insuper et filios suos quos genuerunt mihi, obtulerunt eis ad devorandum.
- Sed et hoc fecerunt mihi : polluerunt sanctuarium meum in die illa, et sabbata mea profanaverunt.
- Cumque immolarent filios suos idolis suis, et ingrederentur sanctuarium meum in die illa ut polluerent illud, etiam hæc fecerunt in medio domus meæ.
- Miserunt ad viros venientes de longe, ad quos nuntium miserant : itaque ecce venerunt, quibus te lavisti, et circumlinisti stibio oculos tuos, et ornata es mundo muliebri :
- sedisti in lecto pulcherrimo, et mensa ornata est ante te : thymiama meum et unguentum meum posuisti super eam :
- et vox multitudinis exsultantis erat in ea : et in viris, qui de multitudine hominum adducebantur, et veniebant de deserto, posuerunt armillas in manibus eorum, et coronas speciosas in capitibus eorum.
- Et dixi ei, quæ attrita est in adulteriis : Nunc fornicabitur in fornicatione sua etiam hæc.
- Et ingressi sunt ad eam quasi ad mulierem meretricem : sic ingrediebantur ad Oollam et Oolibam, mulieres nefarias.
- Viri ergo justi sunt : hi judicabunt eas judicio adulterarum, et judicio effundentium sanguinem, quia adulteræ sunt, et sanguis in manibus earum.
- Hæc enim dicit Dominus Deus : Adduc ad eas multitudinem, et trade eas in tumultum et in rapinam.
- Et lapidentur lapidibus populorum, et confodiantur gladiis eorum : filios et filias earum interficient, et domos earum igne succendent.
- Et auferam scelus de terra, et discent omnes mulieres ne faciant secundum scelus earum.
- Et dabunt scelus vestrum super vos, et peccata idolorum vestrorum portabitis : et scietis quia ego Dominus Deus.
|Ezekiel 23 Text (KJV)
- The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
- Son of man, there were two women, the daughters of one mother:
- And they committed whoredoms in Egypt; they committed whoredoms in their youth: there were their breasts pressed, and there they bruised the teats of their virginity.
- And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
- And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians her neighbours,
- Which were clothed with blue, captains and rulers, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding upon horses.
- Thus she committed her whoredoms with them, with all them that were the chosen men of Assyria, and with all on whom she doted: with all their idols she defiled herself.
- Neither left she her whoredoms brought from Egypt: for in her youth they lay with her, and they bruised the breasts of her virginity, and poured their whoredom upon her.
- Wherefore I have delivered her into the hand of her lovers, into the hand of the Assyrians, upon whom she doted.
- These discovered her nakedness: they took her sons and her daughters, and slew her with the sword: and she became famous among women; for they had executed judgment upon her.
- And when her sister Aholibah saw this, she was more corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her whoredoms more than her sister in her whoredoms.
- She doted upon the Assyrians her neighbours, captains and rulers clothed most gorgeously, horsemen riding upon horses, all of them desirable young men.
- Then I saw that she was defiled, that they took both one way,
- And that she increased her whoredoms: for when she saw men pourtrayed upon the wall, the images of the Chaldeans pourtrayed with vermilion,
- Girded with girdles upon their loins, exceeding in dyed attire upon their heads, all of them princes to look to, after the manner of the Babylonians of Chaldea, the land of their nativity:
- And as soon as she saw them with her eyes, she doted upon them, and sent messengers unto them into Chaldea.
- And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whoredom, and she was polluted with them, and her mind was alienated from them.
- So she discovered her whoredoms, and discovered her nakedness: then my mind was alienated from her, like as my mind was alienated from her sister.
- Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt.
- For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
- Thus thou calledst to remembrance the lewdness of thy youth, in bruising thy teats by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth.
- There, O Aholibah, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will raise up thy lovers against thee, from whom thy mind is alienated, and I will bring them against thee on every side;
- The Babylonians, and all the Chaldeans, Pekod, and Shoa, and Koa, and all the Assyrians with them: all of them desirable young men, captains and rulers, great lords and renowned, all of them riding upon horses.
- And they shall come against thee with chariots, wagons, and wheels, and with an assembly of people, which shall set against thee buckler and shield and helmet round about: and I will set judgment before them, and they shall judge thee according to their judgments.
- And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire.
- They shall also strip thee out of thy clothes, and take away thy fair jewels.
- Thus will I make thy lewdness to cease from thee, and thy whoredom brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift up thine eyes unto them, nor remember Egypt any more.
- For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated:
- And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms.
- I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols.
- Thou hast walked in the way of thy sister; therefore will I give her cup into thine hand.
- Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou shalt drink of thy sister's cup deep and large: thou shalt be laughed to scorn and had in derision; it containeth much.
- Thou shalt be filled with drunkenness and sorrow, with the cup of astonishment and desolation, with the cup of thy sister Samaria.
- Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt break the sherds thereof, and pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast forgotten me, and cast me behind thy back, therefore bear thou also thy lewdness and thy whoredoms.
- The LORD said moreover unto me; Son of man, wilt thou judge Aholah and Aholibah? yea, declare unto them their abominations;
- That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them.
- Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.
- For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house.
- And furthermore, that ye have sent for men to come from far, unto whom a messenger was sent; and, lo, they came: for whom thou didst wash thyself, paintedst thy eyes, and deckedst thyself with ornaments,
- And satest upon a stately bed, and a table prepared before it, whereupon thou hast set mine incense and mine oil.
- And a voice of a multitude being at ease was with her: and with the men of the common sort were brought Sabeans from the wilderness, which put bracelets upon their hands, and beautiful crowns upon their heads.
- Then said I unto her that was old in adulteries, Will they now commit whoredoms with her, and she with them?
- Yet they went in unto her, as they go in unto a woman that playeth the harlot: so went they in unto Aholah and unto Aholibah, the lewd women.
- And the righteous men, they shall judge them after the manner of adulteresses, and after the manner of women that shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.
- For thus saith the Lord GOD; I will bring up a company upon them, and will give them to be removed and spoiled.
- And the company shall stone them with stones, and dispatch them with their swords; they shall slay their sons and their daughters, and burn up their houses with fire.
- Thus will I cause lewdness to cease out of the land, that all women may be taught not to do after your lewdness.
- And they shall recompense your lewdness upon you, and ye shall bear the sins of your idols: and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.