|Ezekiel 27 - Versions
|Ezekiel 27 Text (WEB)
- The word of Yahweh came again to me, saying,
- You, son of man, take up a lamentation over Tyre;
- and tell Tyre, you who dwell at the entry of the sea, who are the merchant of the peoples to many islands, thus says the Lord Yahweh: You, Tyre, have said, I am perfect in beauty.
- Your borders are in the heart of the seas; your builders have perfected your beauty.
- They have made all your planks of fir trees from Senir; they have taken a cedar from Lebanon to make a mast for you.
- Of the oaks of Bashan have they made your oars; they have made your benches of ivory inlaid in boxwood, from the islands of Kittim.
- Of fine linen with embroidered work from Egypt was your sail, that it might be to you for a banner; blue and purple from the islands of Elishah was your awning.
- The inhabitants of Sidon and Arvad were your rowers: your wise men, Tyre, were in you, they were your pilots.
- The old men of Gebal and the wise men of it were in you your repairers of ship seams: all the ships of the sea with their mariners were in you to deal in your merchandise.
- Persia and Lud and Put were in your army, your men of war: they hanged the shield and helmet in you; they set forth your comeliness.
- The men of Arvad with your army were on your walls all around, and valorous men were in your towers; they hanged their shields on your walls all around; they have perfected your beauty.
- Tarshish was your merchant by reason of the multitude of all kinds of riches; with silver, iron, tin, and lead, they traded for your wares.
- Javan, Tubal, and Meshech, they were your traffickers; they traded the persons of men and vessels of brass for your merchandise.
- They of the house of Togarmah traded for your wares with horses and war horses and mules.
- The men of Dedan were your traffickers; many islands were the market of your hand: they brought you in exchange horns of ivory and ebony.
- Syria was your merchant by reason of the multitude of your handiworks: they traded for your wares with emeralds, purple, and embroidered work, and fine linen, and coral, and rubies.
- Judah, and the land of Israel, they were your traffickers: they traded for your merchandise wheat of Minnith, and confections, and honey, and oil, and balm.
- Damascus was your merchant for the multitude of your handiworks, by reason of the multitude of all kinds of riches, with the wine of Helbon, and white wool.
- Vedan and Javan traded with yarn for your wares: bright iron, cassia, and calamus, were among your merchandise.
- Dedan was your trafficker in precious cloths for riding.
- Arabia, and all the princes of Kedar, they were the merchants of your hand; in lambs, and rams, and goats, in these were they your merchants.
- The traffickers of Sheba and Raamah, they were your traffickers; they traded for your wares with the chief of all spices, and with all precious stones, and gold.
- Haran and Canneh and Eden, the traffickers of Sheba, Asshur [and] Chilmad, were your traffickers.
- These were your traffickers in choice wares, in wrappings of blue and embroidered work, and in chests of rich clothing, bound with cords and made of cedar, among your merchandise.
- The ships of Tarshish were your caravans for your merchandise: and you were replenished, and made very glorious in the heart of the seas.
- Your rowers have brought you into great waters: the east wind has broken you in the heart of the seas.
- Your riches, and your wares, your merchandise, your mariners, and your pilots, your repairers of ship seams, and the dealers in your merchandise, and all your men of war, who are in you, with all your company which is in the midst of you, shall fall into the heart of the seas in the day of your ruin.
- At the sound of the cry of your pilots the suburbs shall shake.
- All who handled the oar, the mariners, [and] all the pilots of the sea, shall come down from their ships; they shall stand on the land,
- and shall cause their voice to be heard over you, and shall cry bitterly, and shall cast up dust on their heads, they shall wallow themselves in the ashes:
- and they shall make themselves bald for you, and clothe them with sackcloth, and they shall weep for you in bitterness of soul with bitter mourning.
- In their wailing they shall take up a lamentation for you, and lament over you, [saying], Who is there like Tyre, like her who is brought to silence in the midst of the sea?
- When your wares went forth out of the seas, you filled many peoples; you did enrich the kings of the earth with the multitude of your riches and of your merchandise.
- In the time that you were broken by the seas in the depths of the waters, your merchandise and all your company did fall in the midst of you.
- All the inhabitants of the islands are astonished at you, and their kings are horribly afraid; they are troubled in their face.
- The merchants among the peoples hiss at you; you are become a terror, and you shall nevermore have any being.
|Ezekiel 27 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי דבר־יהוה אלי לאמר׃
- ואתה בן־אדם שא על־צר קינה׃
- ואמרת לצור על־מבואת ים רכלת העמים אל־איים רבים כה אמר אדני יהוה צור את אמרת אני כלילת יפי׃
- בלב ימים גבוליך בניך כללו יפיך׃
- ברושים משניר בנו לך את כל־לחתים ארז מלבנון לקחו לעשות תרן עליך׃
- אלונים מבשן עשו משוטיך קרשך עשו־שן בת־אשרים מאיי ׃
- שש־ברקמה ממצרים היה מפרשך להיות לך לנס תכלת וארגמן מאיי אלישה היה מכסך׃
- ישבי צידון וארוד היו שטים לך חכמיך צור היו בך המה חבליך׃
- זקני גבל וחכמיה היו בך מחזיקי בדקך כל־אניות הים ומלחיהם היו בך לערב מערבך׃
- פרס ולוד ופוט היו בחילך אנשי מלחמתך מגן וכובע תלו־בך המה נתנו הדרך׃
- בני ארוד וחילך על־חומותיך סביב וגמדים במגדלותיך היו שלטיהם תלו על־חומותיך סביב המה כללו יפיך׃
- תרשיש סחרתך מרב כל־הון בכסף ברזל בדיל ועופרת נתנו עזבוניך׃
- יון תבל ומשך המה רכליך בנפש אדם וכלי נחשת נתנו מערבך׃
- מבית תוגרמה סוסים ופרשים ופרדים נתנו עזבוניך׃
- בני דדן רכליך איים רבים סחרת ידך קרנות שן השיבו אשכרך׃
- ארם סחרתך מרב מעשיך בנפך ארגמן ורקמה ובוץ וראמת וכדכד נתנו בעזבוניך׃
- יהודה וארץ ישראל המה רכליך בחטי מנית ופנג ודבש ושמן וצרי נתנו מערבך׃
- דמשק סחרתך ברב מעשיך מרב כל־הון ביין חלבון וצמר צחר׃
- ודן ויון מאוזל בעזבוניך נתנו ברזל עשות קדה וקנה במערבך היה׃
- דדן רכלתך בבגדי־חפש לרכבה׃
- ערב וכל־נשיאי קדר המה סחרי ידך בכרים ואילים ועתודים בם סחריך׃
- רכלי שבא ורעמה המה רכליך בראש כל־בשם ובכל־אבן יקרה וזהב נתנו עזבוניך׃
- חרן וכנה ועדן רכלי שבא אשור כלמד רכלתך׃
- המה רכליך במכללים בגלומי תכלת ורקמה ובגנזי ברמים בחבלים חבשים וארזים במרכלתך׃
- אניות תרשיש שרותיך מערבך ותמלאי ותכבדי מאד בלב ימים׃
- במים רבים הביאוך השטים אתך רוח הקדים שברך בלב ימים׃
- הונך ועזבוניך מערבך מלחיך וחבליך מחזיקי בדקכם וערבי מערבך וכל־אנשי מלחמתך אשר־בך ובכל־קהלך אשר בתוךך יפלו בלב ימים ביום מפלתך׃
- לקול זעקת חבליך ירעשו מגרשות׃
- וירדו מאניותיהם כל תפשי משוט מלחים כל חבלי הים אל־הארץ יעמדו׃
- והשמיעו עליך בקולם ויזעקו מרה ויעלו עפר על־ראשיהם באפר יתפלשו׃
- והקריחו אליך קרחה וחגרו שקים ובכו אליך במר־נפש מספד מר׃
- ונשאו אליך בניהם קינה וקוננו עליך מי כצור כדמה בתוך הים׃
- בצאת עזבוניך מימים השבעת עמים רבים ברב הוניך ומערביך העשרת מלכי־ארץ׃
- עת נשברת מימים במעמקי־מים מערבך וכל־קהלך בתוךך נפלו׃
- כל ישבי האיים שממו עליך ומלכיהם שערו שער רעמו פנים׃
- סחרים בעמים שרקו עליך בלהות היית ואינך עד־עולם׃ ס
|Ezekiel 27 Text (Latin)
- Et factum est verbum Domini ad me, dicens :
- Tu ergo, fili hominis, assume super Tyrum lamentum :
- et dices Tyro, quæ habitat in introitu maris, negotiationi populorum ad insulas multas : Hæc dicit Dominus Deus : O Tyre, tu dixisti : Perfecti decoris ego sum,
- et in corde maris sita. Finitimi tui qui te ædificaverunt, impleverunt decorem tuum :
- abietibus de Sanir exstruxerunt te cum omnibus tabulatis maris : cedrum de Libano tulerunt ut facerent tibi malum.
- Quercus de Basan dolaverunt in remos tuos : et transtra tua fecerunt tibi ex ebore indico, et prætoriola de insulis Italiæ.
- Byssus varia de Ægypto texta est tibi in velum ut poneretur in malo : hyacinthus et purpura de insulis Elisa facta sunt operimentum tuum.
- Habitatores Sidonis et Aradii fuerunt remiges tui : sapientes tui, Tyre, facti sunt gubernatores tui.
- Senes Giblii et prudentes ejus habuerunt nautas ad ministerium variæ supellectilis tuæ : omnes naves maris, et nautæ earum, fuerunt in populo negotiationis tuæ.
- Persæ, et Lydii, et Libyes erant in exercitu tuo viri bellatores tui : clypeum et galeam suspenderunt in te pro ornatu tuo.
- Filii Aradii cum exercitu tuo erant super muros tuos in circuitu : sed et Pigmæi, qui erant in turribus tuis, pharetras suas suspenderunt in muris tuis per gyrum : ipsi compleverunt pulchritudinem tuam.
- Carthaginenses negotiatores tui, a multitudine cunctarum divitiarum, argento, ferro, stanno, plumboque, repleverunt nundinas tuas.
- Græcia, Thubal, et Mosoch, ipsi institores tui : mancipia, et vasa ærea advexerunt populo tuo.
- De domo Thogorma, equos, et equites, et mulos adduxerunt ad forum tuum.
- Filii Dedan negotiatores tui : insulæ multæ, negotiatio manus tuæ : dentes eburneos et hebeninos commutaverunt in pretio tuo.
- Syrus negotiator tuus propter multitudinem operum tuorum : gemmam, et purpuram, et scutulata, et byssum, et sericum, et chodchod proposuerunt in mercatu tuo.
- Juda et terra Israël, ipsi institores tui in frumento primo : balsamum, et mel, et oleum, et resinam proposuerunt in nundinis tuis.
- Damascenus negotiator tuus in multitudine operum tuorum, in multitudine diversarum opum, in vino pingui, in lanis coloris optimi.
- Dan, et Græcia, et Mosel, in nundinis tuis proposuerunt ferrum fabrefactum : stacte et calamus in negotiatione tua.
- Dedan institores tui in tapetibus ad sedendum.
- Arabia et universi principes Cedar, ipsi negotiatores manus tuæ : cum agnis, et arietibus, et hædis, venerunt ad te negotiatores tui.
- Venditores Saba et Reema, ipsi negotiatores tui : cum universis primis aromatibus, et lapide pretioso, et auro, quod proposuerunt in mercatu tuo.
- Haran, et Chene, et Eden, negotiatores tui ; Saba, Assur, et Chelmad venditores tui.
- Ipsi negotiatores tui multifariam involucris hyacinthi, et polymitorum, gazarumque pretiosarum, quæ obvolutæ et astrictæ erant funibus : cedros quoque habebant in negotiationibus tuis.
- Naves maris, principes tui in negotiatione tua : et repleta es, et glorificata nimis in corde maris.
- In aquis multis adduxerunt te remiges tui : ventus auster contrivit te in corde maris.
- Divitiæ tuæ, et thesauri tui, et multiplex instrumentum tuum, nautæ tui et gubernatores tui, qui tenebant supellectilem tuam, et populo tuo præerant : viri quoque bellatores tui, qui erant in te, cum universa multitudine tua, quæ est in medio tui, cadent in corde maris in die ruinæ tuæ.
- A sonitu clamoris gubernatorum tuorum conturbabuntur classes.
- Et descendent de navibus suis omnes qui tenebant remum : nautæ et universi gubernatores maris in terra stabunt.
- Et ejulabunt super te voce magna : et clamabunt amare, et superjacient pulverem capitibus suis, et cinere conspergentur.
- Et radent super te calvitium, et accingentur ciliciis : et plorabunt te in amaritudine animæ, ploratu amarissimo.
- Et assument super te carmen lugubre, et plangent te : Quæ est ut Tyrus, quæ obmutuit in medio maris ?
- Quæ in exitu negotiatonum tuarum de mari implesti populos multos : in multitudine divitiarum tuarum, et populorum tuorum, ditasti reges terræ.
- Nunc contrita es a mari : in profundis aquarum opes tuæ, et omnis multitudo tua, quæ erat in medio tui, ceciderunt.
- Universi habitatores insularum obstupuerunt super te : et reges earum omnes tempestate perculsi mutaverunt vultus.
- Negotiatores populorum sibilaverunt super te : ad nihilum deducta es, et non eris usque in perpetuum.
|Ezekiel 27 Text (KJV)
- The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
- Now, thou son of man, take up a lamentation for Tyrus;
- And say unto Tyrus, O thou that art situate at the entry of the sea, which art a merchant of the people for many isles, Thus saith the Lord GOD; O Tyrus, thou hast said, I am of perfect beauty.
- Thy borders are in the midst of the seas, thy builders have perfected thy beauty.
- They have made all thy ship boards of fir trees of Senir: they have taken cedars from Lebanon to make masts for thee.
- Of the oaks of Bashan have they made thine oars; the company of the Ashurites have made thy benches of ivory, brought out of the isles of Chittim.
- Fine linen with broidered work from Egypt was that which thou spreadest forth to be thy sail; blue and purple from the isles of Elishah was that which covered thee.
- The inhabitants of Zidon and Arvad were thy mariners: thy wise men, O Tyrus, that were in thee, were thy pilots.
- The ancients of Gebal and the wise men thereof were in thee thy calkers: all the ships of the sea with their mariners were in thee to occupy thy merchandise.
- They of Persia and of Lud and of Phut were in thine army, thy men of war: they hanged the shield and helmet in thee; they set forth thy comeliness.
- The men of Arvad with thine army were upon thy walls round about, and the Gammadims were in thy towers: they hanged their shields upon thy walls round about; they have made thy beauty perfect.
- Tarshish was thy merchant by reason of the multitude of all kind of riches; with silver, iron, tin, and lead, they traded in thy fairs.
- Javan, Tubal, and Meshech, they were thy merchants: they traded the persons of men and vessels of brass in thy market.
- They of the house of Togarmah traded in thy fairs with horses and horsemen and mules.
- The men of Dedan were thy merchants; many isles were the merchandise of thine hand: they brought thee for a present horns of ivory and ebony.
- Syria was thy merchant by reason of the multitude of the wares of thy making: they occupied in thy fairs with emeralds, purple, and broidered work, and fine linen, and coral, and agate.
- Judah, and the land of Israel, they were thy merchants: they traded in thy market wheat of Minnith, and Pannag, and honey, and oil, and balm.
- Damascus was thy merchant in the multitude of the wares of thy making, for the multitude of all riches; in the wine of Helbon, and white wool.
- Dan also and Javan going to and fro occupied in thy fairs: bright iron, cassia, and calamus, were in thy market.
- Dedan was thy merchant in precious clothes for chariots.
- Arabia, and all the princes of Kedar, they occupied with thee in lambs, and rams, and goats: in these were they thy merchants.
- The merchants of Sheba and Raamah, they were thy merchants: they occupied in thy fairs with chief of all spices, and with all precious stones, and gold.
- Haran, and Canneh, and Eden, the merchants of Sheba, Assur, and Chilmad, were thy merchants.
- These were thy merchants in all sorts of things, in blue clothes, and broidered work, and in chests of rich apparel, bound with cords, and made of cedar, among thy merchandise.
- The ships of Tarshish did sing of thee in thy market: and thou wast replenished, and made very glorious in the midst of the seas.
- Thy rowers have brought thee into great waters: the east wind hath broken thee in the midst of the seas.
- Thy riches, and thy fairs, thy merchandise, thy mariners, and thy pilots, thy calkers, and the occupiers of thy merchandise, and all thy men of war, that are in thee, and in all thy company which is in the midst of thee, shall fall into the midst of the seas in the day of thy ruin.
- The suburbs shall shake at the sound of the cry of thy pilots.
- And all that handle the oar, the mariners, and all the pilots of the sea, shall come down from their ships, they shall stand upon the land;
- And shall cause their voice to be heard against thee, and shall cry bitterly, and shall cast up dust upon their heads, they shall wallow themselves in the ashes:
- And they shall make themselves utterly bald for thee, and gird them with sackcloth, and they shall weep for thee with bitterness of heart and bitter wailing.
- And in their wailing they shall take up a lamentation for thee, and lament over thee, saying, What city is like Tyrus, like the destroyed in the midst of the sea?
- When thy wares went forth out of the seas, thou filledst many people; thou didst enrich the kings of the earth with the multitude of thy riches and of thy merchandise.
- In the time when thou shalt be broken by the seas in the depths of the waters thy merchandise and all thy company in the midst of thee shall fall.
- All the inhabitants of the isles shall be astonished at thee, and their kings shall be sore afraid, they shall be troubled in their countenance.
- The merchants among the people shall hiss at thee; thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt be any more.