|Ezekiel 31 - Versions
|Ezekiel 31 Text (WEB)
- It happened in the eleventh year, in the third [month], in the first [day] of the month, that the word of Yahweh came to me, saying,
- Son of man, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to his multitude: Whom are you like in your greatness?
- Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with beautiful branches, and with a forest-like shade, and of high stature; and its top was among the thick boughs.
- The waters nourished it, the deep made it to grow: its rivers ran all around its plantation; and it sent out its channels to all the trees of the field.
- Therefore its stature was exalted above all the trees of the field; and its boughs were multiplied, and its branches became long by reason of many waters, when it shot [them] forth.
- All the birds of the sky made their nests in its boughs; and under its branches did all the animals of the field bring forth their young; and under its shadow lived all great nations.
- Thus was it beautiful in its greatness, in the length of its branches; for its root was by many waters.
- The cedars in the garden of God could not hide it; the fir trees were not like its boughs, and the plane trees were not as its branches; nor was any tree in the garden of God like it in its beauty.
- I made it beautiful by the multitude of its branches, so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied it.
- Therefore thus said the Lord Yahweh: Because you are exalted in stature, and he has set his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
- I will even deliver him into the hand of the mighty one of the nations; he shall surely deal with him; I have driven him out for his wickedness.
- Strangers, the terrible of the nations, have cut him off, and have left him: on the mountains and in all the valleys his branches are fallen, and his boughs are broken by all the watercourses of the land; and all the peoples of the earth are gone down from his shadow, and have left him.
- On his ruin all the birds of the sky shall dwell, and all the animals of the field shall be on his branches;
- to the end that none of all the trees by the waters exalt themselves in their stature, neither set their top among the thick boughs, nor that their mighty ones stand up on their height, [even] all who drink water: for they are all delivered to death, to the lower parts of the earth, in the midst of the children of men, with those who go down to the pit.
- Thus says the Lord Yahweh: In the day when he went down to Sheol I caused a mourning: I covered the deep for him, and I restrained its rivers; and the great waters were stayed; and I caused Lebanon to mourn for him, and all the trees of the field fainted for him.
- I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to Sheol with those who descend into the pit; and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the lower parts of the earth.
- They also went down into Sheol with him to those who are slain by the sword; yes, those who were his arm, [that] lived under his shadow in the midst of the nations.
- To whom are you thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet you will be brought down with the trees of Eden to the lower parts of the earth: you shall lie in the midst of the uncircumcised, with those who are slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, says the Lord Yahweh.
|Ezekiel 31 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי באחת עשרה שנה בשלישי באחד לחדש היה דבר־יהוה אלי לאמר׃
- בן־אדם אמר אל־פרעה מלך־מצרים ואל־המונו אל־מי דמית בגדלך׃
- הנה אשור ארז בלבנון יפה ענף וחרש מצל וגבה קומה ובין עבתים היתה צמרתו׃
- מים גדלוהו תהום רממתהו את־נהרתיה הלך סביבות מטעה ואת־תעלתיה שלחה אל כל־עצי השדה׃
- על־כן גבהא קמתו מכל עצי השדה ותרבינה סרעפתיו ותארכנה ממים רבים בשלחו׃
- בסעפתיו קננו כל־עוף השמים ותחת פארתיו ילדו כל חית השדה ובצלו ישבו כל גוים רבים׃
- וייף בגדלו בארך דליותיו כי־היה שרשו אל־מים רבים׃
- ארזים לא־עממהו בגן־אלהים ברושים לא דמו אל־סעפתיו וערמנים לא־היו כפארתיו כל־עץ בגן־אלהים לא־דמה אליו ביפיו׃
- יפה עשיתיו ברב דליותיו ויקנאהו כל־עצי־עדן אשר בגן האלהים׃ ס
- לכן כה אמר אדני יהוה יען אשר גבהת בקומה ויתן צמרתו אל־בין עבותים ורם לבבו בגבהו׃
- ואתנהו ביד איל גוים עשו יעשה לו כרשעו גרשתהו׃
- ויכרתהו זרים עריצי גוים ויטשהו אל־ההרים ובכל־גאיות נפלו דליותיו ותשברנה פארתיו בכל אפיקי הארץ וירדו מצלו כל־עמי הארץ ויטשהו׃
- על־מפלתו ישכנו כל־עוף השמים ואל־פארתיו היו כל חית השדה׃
- למען אשר לא־יגבהו בקומתם כל־עצי־מים ולא־יתנו את־צמרתם אל־בין עבתים ולא־יעמדו אליהם בגבהם כל־שתי מים כי־כלם נתנו למות אל־ארץ תחתית בתוך בני אדם אל־יורדי בור׃ ס
- כה־אמר אדני יהוה ביום רדתו שאולה האבלתי כסתי עליו את־תהום ואמנע נהרותיה ויכלאו מים רבים ואקדר עליו לבנון וכל־עצי השדה עליו עלפה׃
- מקול מפלתו הרעשתי גוים בהורדי אתו שאולה את־יורדי בור וינחמו בארץ תחתית כל־עצי־עדן מבחר וטוב־לבנון כל־שתי מים׃
- גם־הם אתו ירדו שאולה אל־חללי־חרב וזרעו ישבו בצלו בתוך גוים׃
- אל־מי דמית ככה בכבוד ובגדל בעצי־עדן והורדת את־עצי־עדן אל־ארץ תחתית בתוך ערלים תשכב את־חללי־חרב הוא פרעה וכל־המונה נאם אדני יהוה׃ ס
|Ezekiel 31 Text (Latin)
- Et factum est in anno undecimo, tertio mense, una mensis : factum est verbum Domini ad me, dicens :
- Fili hominis, dic Pharaoni regi Ægypti, et populo ejus : Cui similis factus es in magnitudine tua ?
- Ecce Assur quasi cedrus in Libano, pulcher ramis, et frondibus nemorosus, excelsusque altitudine, et inter condensas frondes elevatum est cacumen ejus.
- Aquæ nutrierunt illum, abyssus exaltavit illum : flumina ejus manabant in circuitu radicum ejus, et rivos suos emisit ad universa ligna regionis.
- Propterea elevata est altitudo ejus super omnia ligna regionis : et multiplicata sunt arbusta ejus, et elevati sunt rami ejus præ aquis multis.
- Cumque extendisset umbram suam, in ramis ejus fecerunt nidos omnia volatilia cæli : et sub frondibus ejus genuerunt omnes bestiæ saltuum, et sub umbraculo illius habitabat cœtus gentium plurimarum.
- Eratque pulcherrimus in magnitudine sua, et in dilatatione arbustorum suorum : erat enim radix illius juxta aquas multas.
- Cedri non fuerunt altiores illo in paradiso Dei : abietes non adæquaverunt summitatem ejus, et platani non fuerunt æquæ frondibus illius : omne lignum paradisi Dei non est assimilatum illi, et pulchritudini ejus.
- Quoniam speciosum feci eum, et multis condensisque frondibus, et æmulata sunt eum omnia ligna voluptatis, quæ erant in paradiso Dei.
- Propterea hæc dicit Dominus Deus : Pro eo quod sublimatus est in altitudine, et dedit summitatem suam virentem atque condensam, et elevatum est cor ejus in altitudine sua :
- tradidi eum in manu fortissimi gentium : faciens faciet ei : juxta impietatem ejus ejeci eum.
- Et succident eum alieni, et crudelissimi nationum, et projicient eum super montes : et in cunctis convallibus corruent rami ejus, et confringentur arbusta ejus in universis rupibus terræ : et recedent de umbraculo ejus omnes populi terræ, et relinquent eum.
- In ruina ejus habitaverunt omnia volatilia cæli, et in ramis ejus fuerunt universæ bestiæ regionis.
- Quam ob rem non elevabuntur in altitudine sua omnia ligna aquarum, nec ponent sublimitatem suam inter nemorosa atque frondosa : nec stabunt in sublimitate sua omnia quæ irrigantur aquis, quia omnes traditi sunt in mortem ad terram ultimam, in medio filiorum hominum, ad eos qui descendunt in lacum.
- Hæc dicit Dominus Deus : In die quando descendit ad inferos, induxi luctum : operui eum abysso, et prohibui flumina ejus, et coërcui aquas multas : contristatus est super eum Libanus, et omnia ligna agri concussa sunt.
- A sonitu ruinæ ejus commovi gentes, cum deducerem eum ad infernum cum his qui descendebant in lacum : et consolata sunt in terra infima omnia ligna voluptatis egregia atque præclara in Libano, universa quæ irrigabantur aquis.
- Nam et ipsi cum eo descendent in infernum ad interfectos gladio : et brachium uniuscujusque sedebit sub umbraculo ejus in medio nationum.
- Cui assimilatus es, o inclyte atque sublimis inter ligna voluptatis ? ecce deductus es cum lignis voluptatis ad terram ultimam : in medio incircumcisorum dormies, cum eis qui interfecti sunt gladio : ipse est Pharao, et omnis multitudo ejus, dicit Dominus Deus.
|Ezekiel 31 Text (KJV)
- And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the third month, in the first day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
- Son of man, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to his multitude; Whom art thou like in thy greatness?
- Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
- The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.
- Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.
- All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
- Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.
- The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
- I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast lifted up thyself in height, and he hath shot up his top among the thick boughs, and his heart is lifted up in his height;
- I have therefore delivered him into the hand of the mighty one of the heathen; he shall surely deal with him: I have driven him out for his wickedness.
- And strangers, the terrible of the nations, have cut him off, and have left him: upon the mountains and in all the valleys his branches are fallen, and his boughs are broken by all the rivers of the land; and all the people of the earth are gone down from his shadow, and have left him.
- Upon his ruin shall all the fowls of the heaven remain, and all the beasts of the field shall be upon his branches:
- To the end that none of all the trees by the waters exalt themselves for their height, neither shoot up their top among the thick boughs, neither their trees stand up in their height, all that drink water: for they are all delivered unto death, to the nether parts of the earth, in the midst of the children of men, with them that go down to the pit.
- Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day when he went down to the grave I caused a mourning: I covered the deep for him, and I restrained the floods thereof, and the great waters were stayed: and I caused Lebanon to mourn for him, and all the trees of the field fainted for him.
- I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.
- They also went down into hell with him unto them that be slain with the sword; and they that were his arm, that dwelt under his shadow in the midst of the heathen.
- To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD.