|Genesis 7 - Versions
|Genesis 7 Text (WEB)
- Yahweh said to Noah, "Come with all of your household into the ship, for I have seen your righteousness before me in this generation.
- You shall take seven pairs of every clean animal with you, the male and his female. Of the animals that are not clean, take two, the male and his female.
- Also of the birds of the sky, seven and seven, male and female, to keep seed alive on the surface of all the earth.
- In seven days, I will cause it to rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights. Every living thing that I have made, I will destroy from the surface of the ground."
- Noah did everything that Yahweh commanded him.
- Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters came on the earth.
- Noah went into the ship with his sons, his wife, and his sons' wives, because of the waters of the flood.
- Clean animals, animals that are not clean, birds, and everything that creeps on the ground
- went by pairs to Noah into the ship, male and female, as God commanded Noah.
- It happened after the seven days, that the waters of the flood came on the earth.
- In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep were burst open, and the sky's windows were opened.
- The rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights.
- In the same day Noah, and Shem, Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, entered into the ship;
- they, and every animal after its kind, all the livestock after their kind, every creeping thing that creeps on the earth after its kind, and every bird after its kind, every bird of every sort.
- They went to Noah into the ship, by pairs of all flesh with the breath of life in them.
- Those who went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God commanded him; and Yahweh shut him in.
- The flood was forty days on the earth. The waters increased, and lifted up the ship, and it was lifted up above the earth.
- The waters prevailed, and increased greatly on the earth; and the ship floated on the surface of the waters.
- The waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth. All the high mountains that were under the whole sky were covered.
- The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.
- All flesh died that moved on the earth, including birds, livestock, animals, every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man.
- All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died.
- Every living thing was destroyed that was on the surface of the ground, including man, livestock, creeping things, and birds of the sky. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those who were with him in the ship.
- The waters prevailed on the earth one hundred fifty days.
|Genesis 7 Text (Hebrew)
- ויאמר יהוה לנח בא־אתה וכל־ביתך אל־התבה כי־אתך ראיתי צדיק לפני בדור הזה׃
- מכל הבהמה הטהורה תקח־לך שבעה שבעה איש ואשתו ומן־הבהמה אשר לא טהרה הוא שנים איש ואשתו׃
- גם מעוף השמים שבעה שבעה זכר ונקבה לחיות זרע על־פני כל־הארץ׃
- כי לימים עוד שבעה אנכי ממטיר על־הארץ ארבעים יום וארבעים לילה ומחיתי את־כל־היקום אשר עשיתי מעל פני האדמה׃
- ויעש נח ככל אשר־צוהו יהוה׃
- ונח בן־שש מאות שנה והמבול היה מים על־הארץ׃
- ויבא נח ובניו ואשתו ונשי־בניו אתו אל־התבה מפני מי המבול׃
- מן־הבהמה הטהורה ומן־הבהמה אשר איננה טהרה ומן־העוף וכל אשר־רמש על־האדמה׃
- שנים שנים באו אל־נח אל־התבה זכר ונקבה כאשר צוה אלהים את־נח׃
- ויהי לשבעת הימים ומי המבול היו על־הארץ׃
- בשנת שש־מאות שנה לחיי־נח בחדש השני בשבעה־עשר יום לחדש ביום הזה נבקעו כל־מעינת תהום רבה וארבת השמים נפתחו׃
- ויהי הגשם על־הארץ ארבעים יום וארבעים לילה׃
- בעצם היום הזה בא נח ושם־וחם ויפת בני־נח ואשת נח ושלשת נשי־בניו אתם אל־התבה׃
- המה וכל־החיה למינה וכל־הבהמה למינה וכל־הרמש הרמש על־הארץ למינהו וכל־העוף למינהו כל צפור כל־כנף׃
- ויבאו אל־נח אל־התבה שנים שנים מכל־הבשר אשר־בו רוח חיים׃
- והבאים זכר ונקבה מכל־בשר באו כאשר צוה אתו אלהים ויסגר יהוה בעדו׃
- ויהי המבול ארבעים יום על־הארץ וירבו המים וישאו את־התבה ותרם מעל הארץ׃
- ויגברו המים וירבו מאד על־הארץ ותלך התבה על־פני המים׃
- והמים גברו מאד מאד על־הארץ ויכסו כל־ההרים הגבהים אשר־תחת כל־השמים׃
- חמש עשרה אמה מלמעלה גברו המים ויכסו ההרים׃
- ויגוע כל־בשר הרמש על־הארץ בעוף ובבהמה ובחיה ובכל־השרץ השרץ על־הארץ וכל האדם׃
- כל אשר נשמת־רוח חיים באפיו מכל אשר בחרבה מתו׃
- וימח את־כל־היקום אשר על־פני האדמה מאדם עד־בהמה עד־רמש ועד־עוף השמים וימחו מן־הארץ וישאר אך־נח ואשר אתו בתבה׃
- ויגברו המים על־הארץ חמשים ומאת יום׃
|Genesis 7 Text (Latin)
- Dixitque Dominus ad eum : Ingredere tu et omnis domus tua in arcam : te enim vidi justum coram me in generatione hac.
- Ex omnibus animantibus mundis tolle septena et septena, masculum et feminam : de animantibus vero immundis duo et duo, masculum et feminam.
- Sed et de volatilibus cæli septena et septena, masculum et feminam : ut salvetur semen super faciem universæ terræ.
- Adhuc enim, et post dies septem ego pluam super terram quadraginta diebus et quadraginta noctibus : et delebo omnem substantiam, quam feci, de superficie terræ.
- Fecit ergo Noë omnia quæ mandaverat ei Dominus.
- Eratque sexcentorum annorum quando diluvii aquæ inundaverunt super terram.
- Et ingressus est Noë et filii ejus, uxor ejus et uxores filiorum ejus cum eo in arcam propter aquas diluvii.
- De animantibus quoque mundis et immundis, et de volucribus, et ex omni quod movetur super terram,
- duo et duo ingressa sunt ad Noë in arcam, masculus et femina, sicut præceperat Dominus Noë.
- Cumque transissent septem dies, aquæ diluvii inundaverunt super terram.
- Anno sexcentesimo vitæ Noë, mense secundo, septimodecimo die mensis, rupti sunt omnes fontes abyssi magnæ, et cataractæ cæli apertæ sunt :
- et facta est pluvia super terram quadraginta diebus et quadraginta noctibus.
- In articulo diei illius ingressus est Noë, et Sem, et Cham, et Japheth filii ejus ; uxor illius, et tres uxores filiorum ejus cum eis in arcam :
- ipsi et omne animal secundum genus suum, universaque jumenta in genere suo, et omne quod movetur super terram in genere suo, cunctumque volatile secundum genus suum, universæ aves, omnesque volucres,
- ingressæ sunt ad Noë in arcam, bina et bina ex omni carne, in qua erat spiritus vitæ.
- Et quæ ingressa sunt, masculus et femina ex omni carne introierunt, sicut præceperat ei Deus : et inclusit eum Dominus deforis.
- Factumque est diluvium quadraginta diebus super terram : et multiplicatæ sunt aquæ, et elevaverunt arcam in sublime a terra.
- Vehementer enim inundaverunt, et omnia repleverunt in superficie terræ : porro arca ferebatur super aquas.
- Et aquæ prævaluerunt nimis super terram : opertique sunt omnes montes excelsi sub universo cælo.
- Quindecim cubitis altior fuit aqua super montes, quos operuerat.
- Consumptaque est omnis caro quæ movebatur super terram, volucrum, animantium, bestiarum, omniumque reptilium, quæ reptant super terram : universi homines,
- et cuncta, in quibus spiraculum vitæ est in terra, mortua sunt.
- Et delevit omnem substantiam quæ erat super terram, ab homine usque ad pecus, tam reptile quam volucres cæli : et deleta sunt de terra. Remansit autem solus Noë, et qui cum eo erant in arca.
- Obtinueruntque aquæ terram centum quinquaginta diebus.
|Genesis 7 Text (KJV)
- And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
- Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
- Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
- For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
- And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.
- And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
- And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
- Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
- There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
- And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
- In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
- And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.
- In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;
- They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
- And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
- And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.
- And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
- And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
- And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
- Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
- And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
- All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
- And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
- And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.