|Hebrews 3 - Versions
|Hebrews 3 Text (WEB)
- Therefore, holy brothers, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Jesus;
- who was faithful to him who appointed him, as also was Moses in all his house.
- For he has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who built the house has more honor than the house.
- For every house is built by someone; but he who built all things is God.
- Moses indeed was faithful in all his house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were afterward to be spoken,
- but Christ is faithful as a Son over his house; whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the glorying of our hope firm to the end.
- Therefore, even as the Holy Spirit says, "Today if you will hear his voice,
- don't harden your hearts, as in the rebellion, like as in the day of the trial in the wilderness,
- where your fathers tested me by proving me, and saw my works for forty years.
- Therefore I was displeased with that generation, and said, 'They always err in their heart, but they didn't know my ways;'
- as I swore in my wrath, 'They will not enter into my rest.'"
- Beware, brothers, lest perhaps there be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God;
- but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called "today;" lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
- For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our confidence firm to the end:
- while it is said, "Today if you will hear his voice, don't harden your hearts, as in the rebellion."
- For who, when they heard, rebelled? No, didn't all those who came out of Egypt by Moses?
- With whom was he displeased forty years? Wasn't it with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?
- To whom did he swear that they wouldn't enter into his rest, but to those who were disobedient?
- We see that they were not able to enter in because of unbelief.
|Hebrews 3 Text (Hebrew)
- לכן אחי הקדושים חברים לקריאה של מעלה הביטו אל השליח וכהן הודיתנו הגדול אל המשיח ישוע׃
- אשר הוא נאמן לעשהו כמו גם משה בכל ביתו׃
- כי כבוד גדול ממשה נחל זה כאשר בנה הבית חשוב יותר מן הבית׃
- כי כל בית יש לו בנה אבל בונה כל הוא האלהים׃
- והן משה נאמן בכל ביתו כעבד לעדות העמדות להאמר׃
- אבל המשיח הוא הבן על ביתו ואנחנו ביתו אם נחזיק בבטחון ובתהלת התקוה ולא נרפנה עד הקץ׃
- לכן כמאמר רוח הקדש היום אם בקלו תשמעו׃
- אל תקשו לבבכם כמריבה כיום מסה במדבר׃
- אשר נסוני אבותיכם בחנוני גם ראו פעלי ארבעים שנה׃
- לכן אקוט בדור ואמר עם תעי לבב הם והם לא ידעו דרכי׃
- אשר נשבעתי באפי אם יבאון אל מנוחתי׃
- ראו עתה אחי פן יש באחד מכם לב רע וחסר אמונה לסור מאלהים חיים׃
- אך הוכח תוכיחו איש את רעהו יום יום עד שיקרא היום למען אשר לא יקשה איש מכם את לבו במדוחי פשע׃
- כי נתחברנו למשיח אם נחזיק בראשית הבטחה ולא נרפנה עד הקץ׃
- כאשר נאמר היום אם בקלו תשמעו אל תקשו לבבכם כמריבה׃
- מי אפוא אלה אשר שמעו ויריבו הלא כל יצאי מצרים ביד משה׃
- ובמי התקוטט ארבעים שנה הלא בחטאים אשר נפלו פגריהם במדבר׃
- ולמי נשבע לבלתי בא אל מנוחתו אם לא לסוררים׃
- ואנחנו ראים כי לא יכלו לבוא על אשר לא האמינו׃
|Hebrews 3 Text (Latin)
- Unde, fratres sancti, vocationis cælestis participes, considerate Apostolum, et pontificem confessionis nostræ Jesum :
- qui fidelis est ei, qui fecit illum, sicut et Moyses in omni domo ejus.
- Amplioris enim gloriæ iste præ Moyse dignus est habitus, quanto ampliorem honorem habet domus, qui fabricavit illam.
- Omnis namque domus fabricatur ab aliquo : qui autem omnia creavit, Deus est.
- Et Moyses quidem fidelis erat in tota domo ejus tamquam famulus, in testimonium eorum, quæ dicenda erant :
- Christus vero tamquam filius in domo sua : quæ domus sumus nos, si fiduciam, et gloriam spei usque ad finem, firmam retineamus.
- Quapropter sicut dicit Spiritus Sanctus : Hodie si vocem ejus audieritis,
- nolite obdurare corda vestra, sicut in exacerbatione secundum diem tentationis in deserto,
- ubi tentaverunt me patres vestri : probaverunt, et viderunt opera mea
- quadraginta annis : propter quod infensus fui generationi huic, et dixi : Semper errant corde. Ipsi autem non cognoverunt vias meas,
- sicut juravi in ira mea : Si introibunt in requiem meam.
- Videte fratres, ne forte sit in aliquo vestrum cor malum incredulitatis, discedendi a Deo vivo :
- sed adhortamini vosmetipsos per singulos dies, donec hodie cognominatur, ut non obduretur quis ex vobis fallacia peccati.
- Participes enim Christi effecti sumus, si tamen initium substantiæ ejus usque ad finem firmum retineamus.
- Dum dicitur : Hodie si vocem ejus audieritis, nolite obdurare corda vestra, quemadmodum in illa exacerbatione.
- Quidam enim audientes exacerbaverunt : sed non universi qui profecti sunt ex Ægypto per Moysen.
- Quibus autem infensus est quadraginta annis ? nonne illis qui peccaverunt, quorum cadavera prostrata sunt in deserto ?
- Quibus autem juravit non introire in requiem ipsius, nisi illis qui increduli fuerunt ?
- Et videmus, quia non potuerunt introire propter incredulitatem.
|Hebrews 3 Text (KJV)
- Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
- Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
- For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
- For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
- And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
- But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
- Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
- Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
- When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
- Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
- So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
- Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
- But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
- For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
- While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
- For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
- But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
- And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
- So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hebrews