|Hebrews 8 - Versions
|Hebrews 8 Text (WEB)
- Now in the things which we are saying, the main point is this. We have such a high priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
- a servant of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man.
- For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this high priest also have something to offer.
- For if he were on earth, he would not be a priest at all, seeing there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law;
- who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, even as Moses was warned by God when he was about to make the tabernacle, for he said, "See, you shall make everything according to the pattern that was shown to you on the mountain."
- But now he has obtained a more excellent ministry, by so much as he is also the mediator of a better covenant, which on better promises has been given as law.
- For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
- For finding fault with them, he said, "Behold, the days come," says the Lord, "that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
- not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; for they didn't continue in my covenant, and I disregarded them," says the Lord.
- "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days," says the Lord; "I will put my laws into their mind, I will also write them on their heart. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
- They will not teach every man his fellow citizen, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all will know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
- For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness. I will remember their sins and lawless deeds no more."
- In that he says, "A new covenant," he has made the first old. But that which is becoming old and grows aged is near to vanishing away.
|Hebrews 8 Text (Hebrew)
- וזה ראש הנאמרים כי יש לנו כהן גדול היושב לימין כסא הגבורה בשמים׃
- והוא משרת הקדש והמשכן האמתי אשר כוננו אדני ולא אדם׃
- כי כל כהן גדול הוא מפקד להקריב מנחות וזבחים ועל כן צריך שיהיה גם לזה דבר להקריב׃
- והנה אלו היה בארץ לא היה כהן כי יש פה הכהנים המקריבים הקרבנות לפי התורה׃
- ומכהנים לדמות וצל הדברים שבשמים כדבר יהוה אל משה בבאו לכלות את המשכן כי אמר אליו ראה ועשה הכל בתבניתו אשר אתה מראה בהר׃
- ועתה הוא קבל שרות מעלה כפי מעלת הברית הנעשה על ידו אשר הוקמה על הבטחות טבות ויתרות׃
- כי אלו היתה הראשונה ההיא תמימה לא יבקש מקום לשניה׃
- כי כה אמר בהוכיח אתם הנה ימים באים נאם יהוה וכרתי את בית ישראל ואת בית יהודה ברית חדשה׃
- לא כברית אשר כרתי את אבותם ביום החזיקי בידם להוציאם מארץ מצרים אשר המה הפרו את בריתי ואנכי בחלתי בם נאם יהוה׃
- כי זאת הברית אשר אכרת את בית ישראל אחרי הימים ההם נאם יהוה נתתי את תורתי בקרבם ועל לבם אכתבנה והייתי להם לאלהים והמה יהיו לי לעם׃
- ולא ילמדו עוד איש את רעהו ואיש את אחיו לאמר דעו את יהוה כי כולם ידעו אותי למקטנם ועד גדולם׃
- כי אסלח לעונם ולחטאתם ולפשעיהם לא אזכר עוד׃
- הנה באמרו ברית חדשה ישן את הראשונה ומה שהוא נושן ומזקין קרוב הוא אל קצו׃
|Hebrews 8 Text (Latin)
- Capitulum autem super ea quæ dicuntur : Talem habemus pontificem, qui consedit in dextera sedis magnitudinis in cælis,
- sanctorum minister, et tabernaculi veri, quod fixit Dominus, et non homo.
- Omnis enim pontifex ad offerendum munera, et hostias constituitur : unde necesse est et hunc habere aliquid, quod offerat.
- Si ergo esset super terram, nec esset sacerdos : cum essent qui offerent secundum legem munera,
- qui exemplari, et umbræ deserviunt cælestium. Sicut responsum est Moysi, cum consummaret tabernaculum : Vide (inquit) omnia facito secundum exemplar, quod tibi ostensum est in monte.
- Nunc autem melius sortitus est ministerium, quanto et melioris testamenti mediator est, quod in melioribus repromissionibus sancitum est.
- Nam si illud prius culpa vacasset, non utique secundi locus inquireretur.
- Vituperans enim eos dicit : Ecce dies venient, dicit Dominus : et consummabo super domum Israël, et super domum Juda, testamentum novum,
- non secundum testamentum quod feci patribus eorum in die qua apprehendi manum eorum ut educerem illos de terra Ægypti : quoniam ipsi non permanserunt in testamento meo : et ego neglexi eos, dicit Dominus.
- Quia hoc est testamentum quod disponam domui Israël post dies illos, dicit Dominus : dando leges meas in mentem eorum, et in corde eorum superscribam eas : et ero eis in Deum, et ipsi erunt mihi in populum :
- et non docebit unusquisque proximum suum, et unusquisque fratrem suum, dicens : Cognosce Dominum : quoniam omnes scient me a minore usque ad majorem eorum :
- quia propitius ero iniquitatibus eorum, et peccatorum eorum jam non memorabor.
- Dicendo autem novum : veteravit prius. Quod autem antiquatur, et senescit, prope interitum est.
|Hebrews 8 Text (KJV)
- Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
- A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
- For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
- For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
- Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
- But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
- For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
- For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
- Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
- For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
- And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
- For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
- In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Hebrews