|Isaiah 57 - Versions
|Isaiah 57 Text (WEB)
- The righteous perishes, and no man lays it to heart; and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil [to come].
- He enters into peace; they rest in their beds, each one who walks in his uprightness.
- "But draw near here, you sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the prostitute.
- Against whom do you sport yourselves? Against whom do you make a wide mouth, and stick out your tongue? Aren't you children of disobedience, a seed of falsehood,
- you who inflame yourselves among the oaks, under every green tree; who kill the children in the valleys, under the clefts of the rocks?
- Among the smooth [stones] of the valley is your portion; they, they are your lot; you have even poured a drink offering to them. You have offered an offering. Shall I be appeased for these things?
- On a high and lofty mountain you have set your bed; there also you went up to offer sacrifice.
- Behind the doors and the posts you have set up your memorial: for you have uncovered to someone besides me, and have gone up; you have enlarged your bed, and made you a covenant with them: you loved their bed where you saw it.
- You went to the king with oil, and did increase your perfumes, and did send your ambassadors far off, and debased yourself even to Sheol.
- You were wearied with the length of your way; yet you didn't say, 'It is in vain.' You found a reviving of your strength; therefore you weren't faint.
- "Of whom have you been afraid and in fear, that you lie, and have not remembered me, nor laid it to your heart? Haven't I held my peace even of long time, and you don't fear me?
- I will declare your righteousness; and as for your works, they shall not profit you.
- When you cry, let those who you have gathered deliver you; but the wind shall take them, a breath shall carry them all away: but he who takes refuge in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain."
- He will say, "Cast up, cast up, prepare the way, take up the stumbling-block out of the way of my people."
- For thus says the high and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also who is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite.
- For I will not contend forever, neither will I be always angry; for the spirit would faint before me, and the souls who I have made.
- For the iniquity of his covetousness was I angry, and struck him; I hid [my face] and was angry; and he went on backsliding in the way of his heart.
- I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts to him and to his mourners.
- I create the fruit of the lips: Peace, peace, to him who is far off and to him who is near," says Yahweh; "and I will heal them."
- But the wicked are like the troubled sea; for it can't rest, and its waters cast up mire and dirt.
- "There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."
|Isaiah 57 Text (Hebrew)
- הצדיק אבד ואין איש שם על־לב ואנשי־חסד נאספים באין מבין כי־מפני הרעה נאסף הצדיק׃
- יבוא שלום ינוחו על־משכבותם הלך נכחו׃
- ואתם קרבו־הנה בני עננה זרע מנאף ותזנה׃
- על־מי תתענגו על־מי תרחיבו פה תאריכו לשון הלוא־אתם ילדי־פשע זרע שקר׃
- הנחמים באלים תחת כל־עץ רעןן שחטי הילדים בנחלים תחת סעפי הסלעים׃
- בחלקי־נחל חלקך הם הם גורלך גם־להם שפכת נסך העלית מנחה העל אלה אנחם׃
- על הר־גבה ונשא שמת משכבך גם־שם עלית לזבח זבח׃
- ואחר הדלת והמזוזה שמת זכרונך כי מאתי גלית ותעלי הרחבת משכבך ותכרת־לך מהם אהבת משכבם יד חזית׃
- ותשרי למלך בשמן ותרבי רקחיך ותשלחי ציריכם עד־מרחק ותשפילי עד־שאול׃
- ברב דרךך יגעת לא אמרת נואש חית ידך מצאת על־כן לא חלית׃
- ואת־מי דאגת ותיראי כי תכזבי ואותי לא זכרת לא־שמת על־לבך הלא אני מחשה ומעלם ואותי לא תיראי׃
- אני אגיד צדקתך ואת־מעשיך ולא יועילוך׃
- בזעקך יצילך קבוציך ואת־כלם ישא־רוח יקח־הבל והחוסה בי ינחל־ארץ ויירש הר־קדשי׃
- ואמר סלו־סלו פנו־דרך הרימו מכשול מדרך עמי׃ ס
- כי כה אמר רם ונשא שכן עד וקדוש שמו מרום וקדוש אשכון ואת־דכא ושפל־רוח להחיות רוח שפלים ולהחיות לב נדכאים׃
- כי לא לעולם אריב ולא לנצח אקצוף כי־רוח מלפני יעטוף ונשמות אני עשיתי׃
- בעון בצעו קצפתי ואכהו הסתר ואקצף וילך שובב בדרך לבו׃
- דרכיו ראיתי וארפאהו ואנחהו ואשלם נחמים לו ולאבליו׃
- בורא שפתים שלום שלום לרחוק ולקרוב אמר יהוה ורפאתיו׃
- והרשעים כים נגרש כי השקט לא יוכל ויגרשו מימיו רפש וטיט׃
- אין שלום אמר אלהי לרשעים׃ ס
|Isaiah 57 Text (Latin)
- Justus perit, et non est qui recogitet in corde suo ; et viri misericordiæ colliguntur, quia non est qui intelligat, a facie enim malitiæ collectus est justus.
- Veniat pax, requiescat in cubili suo qui ambulavit in directione sua.
- Vos autem accedite huc, filii auguratricis, semen adulteri et fornicariæ.
- Super quem lusistis ? super quem dilatastis os, et ejecistis linguam ? Numquid non vos filii scelesti, semen mendax,
- qui consolamini in diis subter omne lignum frondosum ; immolantes parvulos in torrentibus, subter eminentes petras ?
- In partibus torrentis pars tua, hæc est sors tua ; et ipsis effudisti libamen, obtulisti sacrificium. Numquid super his non indignabor ?
- Super montem excelsum et sublimem posuisti cubile tuum, et illuc ascendisti ut immolares hostias.
- Et post ostium, et retro postem, posuisti memoriale tuum. Quia juxta me discooperuisti, et suscepisti adulterum, dilatasti cubile tuum ; et pepigisti cum eis fœdus ; dilexisti stratum eorum manu aperta.
- Et ornasti te regi unguento, et multiplicasti pigmenta tua. Misisti legatos tuos procul, et humiliata es usque ad inferos.
- In multitudine viæ tuæ laborasti ; non dixisti : Quiescam. Vitam manus tuæ invenisti ; propterea non rogasti.
- Pro quo sollicita timuisti, quia mentita es, et mei non es recordata, neque cogitasti in corde tuo ? Quia ego tacens et quasi non videns, et mei oblita es.
- Ego annuntiabo justitiam tuam, et opera tua non proderunt tibi.
- Cum clamaveris, liberent te congregati tui, et omnes eos auferet ventus, tollet aura. Qui autem fiduciam habet mei, hæreditabit terram, et possidebit montem sanctum meum.
- Et dicam : Viam facite, præbete iter ; declinate de semita, auferte offendicula de via populi mei.
- Quia hæc dicit Excelsus, et Sublimis, habitans æternitatem, et sanctum nomen ejus, in excelso et in sancto habitans, et cum contrito et humili spiritu : ut vivificet spiritum humilium, et vivificet cor contritorum.
- Non enim in sempiternum litigabo, neque usque ad finem irascar, quia spiritus a facie mea egredietur, et flatus ego faciam.
- Propter iniquitatem avaritiæ ejus iratus sum, et percussi eum. Abscondi a te faciem meam, et indignatus sum ; et abiit vagus in via cordis sui.
- Vias ejus vidi, et sanavi eum ; et reduxi eum, et reddidi consolationes ipsi, et lugentibus ejus.
- Creavi fructum labiorum pacem ; pacem ei qui longe est et qui prope, dixit Dominus, et sanavi eum.
- Impii autem quasi mare fervens, quod quiescere non potest, et redundant fluctus ejus in conculcationem et lutum.
- Non est pax impiis, dicit Dominus Deus.
|Isaiah 57 Text (KJV)
- The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
- He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.
- But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore.
- Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood,
- Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?
- Among the smooth stones of the stream is thy portion; they, they are thy lot: even to them hast thou poured a drink offering, thou hast offered a meat offering. Should I receive comfort in these?
- Upon a lofty and high mountain hast thou set thy bed: even thither wentest thou up to offer sacrifice.
- Behind the doors also and the posts hast thou set up thy remembrance: for thou hast discovered thyself to another than me, and art gone up; thou hast enlarged thy bed, and made thee a covenant with them; thou lovedst their bed where thou sawest it.
- And thou wentest to the king with ointment, and didst increase thy perfumes, and didst send thy messengers far off, and didst debase thyself even unto hell.
- Thou art wearied in the greatness of thy way; yet saidst thou not, There is no hope: thou hast found the life of thine hand; therefore thou wast not grieved.
- And of whom hast thou been afraid or feared, that thou hast lied, and hast not remembered me, nor laid it to thy heart? have not I held my peace even of old, and thou fearest me not?
- I will declare thy righteousness, and thy works; for they shall not profit thee.
- When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;
- And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
- For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
- For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
- For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
- I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
- I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
- But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
- There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.