|Mark 2 - Versions
|Mark 2 Text (WEB)
- When he entered again into Capernaum after some days, it was heard that he was in the house.
- Immediately many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even around the door; and he spoke the word to them.
- Four people came, carrying a paralytic to him.
- When they could not come near to him for the crowd, they removed the roof where he was. When they had broken it up, they let down the mat that the paralytic was lying on.
- Jesus, seeing their faith, said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you."
- But there were some of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
- "Why does this man speak blasphemies like that? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
- Immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, said to them, "Why do you reason these things in your hearts?
- Which is easier, to tell the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven;' or to say, 'Arise, and take up your bed, and walk?'
- But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he said to the paralytic--
- "I tell you, arise, take up your mat, and go to your house."
- He arose, and immediately took up the mat, and went out in front of them all; so that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, "We never saw anything like this!"
- He went out again by the seaside. All the multitude came to him, and he taught them.
- As he passed by, he saw Levi, the son of Alphaeus, sitting at the tax office, and he said to him, "Follow me." And he arose and followed him.
- It happened, that he was reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners sat down with Jesus and his disciples, for there were many, and they followed him.
- The scribes and the Pharisees, when they saw that he was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, said to his disciples, "Why is it that he eats and drinks with tax collectors and sinners?"
- When Jesus heard it, he said to them, "Those who are healthy have no need for a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
- John's disciples and the Pharisees were fasting, and they came and asked him, "Why do John's disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but your disciples don't fast?"
- Jesus said to them, "Can the groomsmen fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they can't fast.
- But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then will they fast in that day.
- No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, or else the patch shrinks and the new tears away from the old, and a worse hole is made.
- No one puts new wine into old wineskins, or else the new wine will burst the skins, and the wine pours out, and the skins will be destroyed; but they put new wine into fresh wineskins."
- It happened that he was going on the Sabbath day through the grain fields, and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of grain.
- The Pharisees said to him, "Behold, why do they do that which is not lawful on the Sabbath day?"
- He said to them, "Did you never read what David did, when he had need, and was hungry--he, and those who were with him?
- How he entered into the house of God when Abiathar was high priest, and ate the show bread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and gave also to those who were with him?"
- He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
- Therefore the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath."
|Mark 2 Text (Hebrew)
- ויהי מקץ ימים בשובו אל כפר נחום וישמעו כי הוא בבית׃
- ויאספו רבים מהרה עד אפס מקום לעמד אף מחוץ לפתח וידבר אליהם את הדבר׃
- ויבאו אליו אנשים נשאים איש נכה אברים וישאהו בארבעה׃
- ולא יכלו לגשת אליו מפני העם ויסירו את הגג במקום אשר היה שם ויחתרו חתירה ויורידו את המשכב אשר שכב עליה נכה האברים׃
- ויהי כראות ישוע את אמונתם ויאמר אל נכה האברים בני נסלחו לך חטאתיך׃
- ויהיו מן הסופרים ישבים שם וחשבים בלבם לאמר׃
- מה ידבר זה גדופים כאלה מי יוכל לסלח חטאים בלתי האלהים לבדו׃
- וידע ישוע ברוחו כי ככה חשבו בלבבם ויאמר אליהם מדוע תחשבו כאלה בלבבכם׃
- מה הנקל האמר אל נכה האברים נסלחו לך חטאתיך אם אמור קום שא את משכבך והתהלך׃
- אך למען תדעון כי לבן האדם יש השלטן לסלח חטאים בארץ ויאמר אל נכה האברים׃
- לך אני אמר קום שא את משכבך ולך אל ביתך׃
- ויקם פתאם וישא את משכבו ויצא לעיני כלם עד כי השתממו כלם וישבחו את האלהים לאמר מעולם לא ראינו כזאת׃
- וישב לצאת אל יד הים ויבאו אליו כל העם וילמדם׃
- ויהי בעברו וירא את לוי בן חלפי ישב בבית המכס ויאמר אליו לכה אחרי ויקם וילך אחריו׃
- ויהי כאשר הסב בביתו ויסבו מוכסים וחטאים רבים עם ישוע ועם תלמידיו כי רבים היו ההלכים אחריו׃
- והסופרים והפרושים ראו אתו אכל עם המוכסים והחטאים ויאמרו אל תלמידיו למה זה עם החטאים והמוכסים אכל רבכם׃
- וישמע ישוע ויאמר החזקים אינם צריכים לרפא כי אם החלים לא באתי לקרא הצדיקים כי אם החטאים לתשובה׃
- ותלמידי יוחנן והפרושים היו צמים ויבאו ויאמרו אליו מדוע תלמידי יוחנן ותלמידי הפרושים צמים ותלמידיך אינם צמים׃
- ויאמר אליהם ישוע איך יוכלו בני החפה לצום בעוד החתן עמהם כל ימי היות החתן עמהם לא יוכלו לצום׃
- הנה ימים באים ולקח מאתם החתן ואז יצומו בימים ההם׃
- אין תפר מטלית בגד חדש על שמלה בלה כי אז ינתק מלויו החדש מן הבלה ותרע הקריעה׃
- ואין נתן יין חדש בנאדות בלים כי אז יבקע היין את הנאדות והיין ישפך והנאדות יאבדו אבל בנאדות חדשים ינתן היין החדש׃
- ויהי כעברו בשבת בין הקמה ויחלו תלמידיו לקטף מלילת בלכתם׃
- ויאמרו אליו הפרושים ראה מה המה עשים בשבת דבר אשר לא יעשה׃
- ויאמר אליהם הכי לא קראתם את אשר עשה דוד בהיתו חסר ורעב הוא ואשר היו אתו׃
- כי בא אל בית אלהים בימי אביתר הכהן הגדול ויאכל את לחם הפנים אשר לא נכון לאכלה כי אם לכהנים ויתן גם לאנשים אשר אתו׃
- ויאמר אליהם השבת נעשה בעבור האדם ולא האדם בעבור השבת׃
- לכן בן האדם אדון הוא גם לשבת׃
|Mark 2 Text (Latin)
- Et iterum intravit Capharnaum post dies,
- et auditum est quod in domo esset, et convenerunt multi, ita ut non caperet neque ad januam, et loquebatur eis verbum.
- Et venerunt ad eum ferentes paralyticum, qui a quatuor portabatur.
- Et cum non possent offerre eum illi præ turba, nudaverunt tectum ubi erat : et patefacientes submiserunt grabatum in quo paralyticus jacebat.
- Cum autem vidisset Jesus fidem illorum, ait paralytico : Fili, dimittuntur tibi peccata tua.
- Erant autem illic quidam de scribis sedentes, et cogitantes in cordibus suis :
- Quid hic sic loquitur ? blasphemat. Quis potest dimittere peccata, nisi solus Deus ?
- Quo statim cognito Jesus spiritu suo, quia sic cogitarent intra se, dicit illis : Quid ista cogitatis in cordibus vestris ?
- Quid est facilius dicere paralytico : Dimittuntur tibi peccata tua : an dicere : Surge, tolle grabatum tuum, et ambula ?
- Ut autem sciatis quia Filius hominis habet potestatem in terra dimittendi peccata (ait paralytico),
- tibi dico : Surge, tolle grabatum tuum, et vade in domum tuam.
- Et statim surrexit ille : et, sublato grabato, abiit coram omnibus, ita ut mirarentur omnes, et honorificent Deum, dicentes : Quia numquam sic vidimus.
- Et egressus est rursus ad mare, omnisque turba veniebat ad eum, et docebat eos.
- Et cum præteriret, vidit Levi Alphæi sedentem ad telonium, et ait illi : Sequere me. Et surgens secutus est eum.
- Et factum est, cum accumberet in domo illius, multi publicani et peccatores simul discumbebant cum Jesu et discipulis ejus : erant enim multi, qui et sequebantur eum.
- Et scribæ et pharisæi videntes quia manducaret cum publicanis et peccatoribus, dicebant discipulis ejus : Quare cum publicanis et peccatoribus manducat et bibit Magister vester ?
- Hoc audito Jesus ait illis : Non necesse habent sani medico, sed qui male habent : non enim veni vocare justos, sed peccatores.
- Et erant discipuli Joannis et pharisæi jejunantes : et veniunt, et dicunt illi : Quare discipuli Joannis et pharisæorum jejunant, tui autem discipuli non jejunant ?
- Et ait illis Jesus : Numquid possunt filii nuptiarum, quamdiu sponsus cum illis est, jejunare ? Quanto tempore habent secum sponsum, non possunt jejunare.
- Venient autem dies cum auferetur ab eis sponsus : et tunc jejunabunt in illis diebus.
- Nemo assumentum panni rudis assuit vestimento veteri : alioquin aufert supplementum novum a veteri, et major scissura fit.
- Et nemo mittit vinum novum in utres veteres : alioquin dirumpet vinum utres, et vinum effundetur, et utres peribunt : sed vinum novum in utres novos mitti debet.
- Et factum est iterum Dominus sabbatis ambularet per sata, et discipuli ejus cœperunt progredi, et vellere spicas.
- Pharisæi autem dicebant ei : Ecce, quid faciunt sabbatis quod non licet ?
- Et ait illis : Numquam legistis quid fecerit David, quando necessitatem habuit, et esuriit ipse, et qui cum eo erant ?
- quomodo introibit in domum Dei sub Abiathar principe sacerdotum, et panes propositionis manducavit, quos non licebat manducare, nisi sacerdotibus, et dedit eis qui cum eo erant ?
- Et dicebat eis : Sabbatum propter hominem factum est, et non homo propter sabbatum.
- Itaque Dominus est Filius hominis, etiam sabbati.
|Mark 2 Text (KJV)
- And again he entered into Capernaum, after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.
- And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
- And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
- And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
- When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
- But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
- Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
- And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
- Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
- But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
- I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
- And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.
- And he went forth again by the sea side; and all the multitude resorted unto him, and he taught them.
- And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.
- And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.
- And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
- When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not?
- And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
- But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.
- No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.
- And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.
- And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
- And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?
- And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?
- How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
- And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
- Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.