|Psalm 106 - Versions
|Psalm 106 Text (WEB)
- Praise Yahweh! Give thanks to Yahweh, for he is good, for his loving kindness endures forever.
- Who can utter the mighty acts of Yahweh, or fully declare all his praise?
- Blessed are those who keep justice. Blessed is one who does what is right at all times.
- Remember me, Yahweh, with the favor that you show to your people. Visit me with your salvation,
- that I may see the prosperity of your chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation, that I may glory with your inheritance.
- We have sinned with our fathers. We have committed iniquity. We have done wickedly.
- Our fathers didn't understand your wonders in Egypt. They didn't remember the multitude of your loving kindnesses, but were rebellious at the sea, even at the Red Sea.
- Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power known.
- He rebuked the Red Sea also, and it was dried up; so he led them through the depths, as through a desert.
- He saved them from the hand of him who hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
- The waters covered their adversaries. There was not one of them left.
- Then they believed his words. They sang his praise.
- They soon forgot his works. They didn't wait for his counsel,
- but gave in to craving in the desert, and tested God in the wasteland.
- He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul.
- They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aaron, Yahweh's saint.
- The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram.
- A fire was kindled in their company. The flame burned up the wicked.
- They made a calf in Horeb, and worshiped a molten image.
- Thus they exchanged their glory for an image of a bull that eats grass.
- They forgot God, their Savior, who had done great things in Egypt,
- Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and awesome things by the Red Sea.
- Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had Moses, his chosen, not stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, so that he wouldn't destroy them.
- Yes, they despised the pleasant land. They didn't believe his word,
- but murmured in their tents, and didn't listen to Yahweh's voice.
- Therefore he swore to them that he would overthrow them in the wilderness,
- that he would overthrow their seed among the nations, and scatter them in the lands.
- They joined themselves also to Baal Peor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead.
- Thus they provoked him to anger with their deeds. The plague broke in on them.
- Then Phinehas stood up, and executed judgment, so the plague was stopped.
- That was credited to him for righteousness, for all generations to come.
- They angered him also at the waters of Meribah, so that Moses was troubled for their sakes;
- because they were rebellious against his spirit, he spoke rashly with his lips.
- They didn't destroy the peoples, as Yahweh commanded them,
- but mixed themselves with the nations, and learned their works.
- They served their idols, which became a snare to them.
- Yes, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons.
- They shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan. The land was polluted with blood.
- Thus were they defiled with their works, and prostituted themselves in their deeds.
- Therefore Yahweh burned with anger against his people. He abhorred his inheritance.
- He gave them into the hand of the nations. Those who hated them ruled over them.
- Their enemies also oppressed them. They were brought into subjection under their hand.
- Many times he delivered them, but they were rebellious in their counsel, and were brought low in their iniquity.
- Nevertheless he regarded their distress, when he heard their cry.
- He remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses.
- He made them also to be pitied by all those who carried them captive.
- Save us, Yahweh, our God, gather us from among the nations, to give thanks to your holy name, to triumph in your praise!
- Blessed be Yahweh, the God of Israel, from everlasting even to everlasting! Let all the people say, "Amen." Praise Yah! BOOK V
|Psalm 106 Text (Hebrew)
- הללויה הודו ליהוה כי־טוב כי לעולם חסדו׃
- מי ימלל גבורות יהוה ישמיע כל־תהלתו׃
- אשרי שמרי משפט עשה צדקה בכל־עת׃
- זכרני יהוה ברצון עמך פקדני בישועתך׃
- לראות בטובת בחיריך לשמח בשמחת גויך להתהלל עם־נחלתך׃
- חטאנו עם־אבותינו העוינו הרשענו׃
- אבותינו במצרים לא־השכילו נפלאותיך לא זכרו את־רב חסדיך וימרו על־ים בים־סוף׃
- ויושיעם למען שמו להודיע את־גבורתו׃
- ויגער בים־סוף ויחרב ויוליכם בתהמות כמדבר׃
- ויושיעם מיד שונא ויגאלם מיד אויב׃
- ויכסו־מים צריהם אחד מהם לא נותר׃
- ויאמינו בדבריו ישירו תהלתו׃
- מהרו שכחו מעשיו לא־חכו לעצתו׃
- ויתאוו תאוה במדבר וינסו־אל בישימון׃
- ויתן להם שאלתם וישלח רזון בנפשם׃
- ויקנאו למשה במחנה לאהרן קדוש יהוה׃
- תפתח־ארץ ותבלע דתן ותכס על־עדת אבירם׃
- ותבער־אש בעדתם להבה תלהט רשעים׃
- יעשו־עגל בחרב וישתחוו למסכה׃
- וימירו את־כבודם בתבנית שור אכל עשב׃
- שכחו אל מושיעם עשה גדלות במצרים׃
- נפלאות בארץ חם נוראות על־ים־סוף׃
- ויאמר להשמידם לולי משה בחירו עמד בפרץ לפניו להשיב חמתו מהשחית׃
- וימאסו בארץ חמדה לא־האמינו לדברו׃
- וירגנו באהליהם לא שמעו בקול יהוה׃
- וישא ידו להם להפיל אותם במדבר׃
- ולהפיל זרעם בגוים ולזרותם בארצות׃
- ויצמדו לבעל פעור ויאכלו זבחי מתים׃
- ויכעיסו במעלליהם ותפרץ־בם מגפה׃
- ויעמד פינחס ויפלל ותעצר המגפה׃
- ותחשב לו לצדקה לדר ודר עד־עולם׃
- ויקציפו על־מי מריבה וירע למשה בעבורם׃
- כי־המרו את־רוחו ויבטא בשפתיו׃
- לא־השמידו את־העמים אשר אמר יהוה להם׃
- ויתערבו בגוים וילמדו מעשיהם׃
- ויעבדו את־עצביהם ויהיו להם למוקש׃
- ויזבחו את־בניהם ואת־בנותיהם לשדים׃
- וישפכו דם נקי דם־בניהם ובנותיהם אשר זבחו לעצבי כנען ותחנף הארץ בדמים׃
- ויטמאו במעשיהם ויזנו במעלליהם׃
- ויחר־אף יהוה בעמו ויתעב את־נחלתו׃
- ויתנם ביד־גוים וימשלו בהם שנאיהם׃
- וילחצום אויביהם ויכנעו תחת ידם׃
- פעמים רבות יצילם והמה ימרו בעצתם וימכו בעונם׃
- וירא בצר להם בשמעו את־רנתם׃
- ויזכר להם בריתו וינחם כרב ׃
- ויתן אותם לרחמים לפני כל־שוביהם׃
- הושיענו יהוה אלהינו וקבצנו מן־הגוים להדות לשם קדשך להשתבח בתהלתך׃
- ברוך־יהוה אלהי ישראל מן־העולם ועד העולם ואמר כל־העם אמן הללו־יה׃
|Psalm 106 Text (Latin)
- Alleluja. Confitemini Domino, quoniam bonus, quoniam in sæculum misericordia ejus.
- Quis loquetur potentias Domini, auditas faciet omnes laudes ejus ?
- Beati qui custodiunt judicium, et faciunt justitiam in omni tempore.
- Memento nostri, Domine, in beneplacito populi tui ; visita nos in salutari tuo :
- ad videndum in bonitate electorum tuorum, ad lætandum in lætitia gentis tuæ, ut lauderis cum hæreditate tua.
- Peccavimus cum patribus nostris ; injuste egimus, iniquitatem fecimus.
- Patres nostri in Ægypto non intellexerunt mirabilia tua ; non fuerunt memores multitudinis misericordiæ tuæ. Et irritaverunt ascendentes in mare, mare Rubrum ;
- et salvavit eos propter nomen suum, ut notam faceret potentiam suam.
- Et increpuit mare Rubrum, et exsiccatum est ; et deduxit eos in abyssis sicut in deserto.
- Et salvavit eos de manu odientium, et redemit eos de manu inimici.
- Et operuit aqua tribulantes eos ; unus ex eis non remansit.
- Et crediderunt verbis ejus, et laudaverunt laudem ejus.
- Cito fecerunt, obliti sunt operum ejus ; et non sustinuerunt consilium ejus.
- Et concupierunt concupiscentiam in deserto, et tentaverunt Deum in inaquoso.
- Et dedit eis petitionem ipsorum, et misit saturitatem in animas eorum.
- Et irritaverunt Moysen in castris, Aaron, sanctum Domini.
- Aperta est terra, et deglutivit Dathan, et operuit super congregationem Abiron.
- Et exarsit ignis in synagoga eorum, flamma combussit peccatores.
- Et fecerunt vitulum in Horeb, et adoraverunt sculptile.
- Et mutaverunt gloriam suam in similitudinem vituli comedentis fœnum.
- Obliti sunt Deum qui salvavit eos, qui fecit magnalia in Ægypto,
- mirabilia in terra Cham, terribilia in mari Rubro.
- Et dixit ut disperderet eos, si non Moyses, electus ejus, stetisset in confractione in conspectu ejus, ut averteret iram ejus, ne disperderet eos.
- Et pro nihilo habuerunt terram desiderabilem ; non crediderunt verbo ejus.
- Et murmuraverunt in tabernaculis suis ; non exaudierunt vocem Domini.
- Et elevavit manum suam super eos ut prosterneret eos in deserto.
- Et ut dejiceret semen eorum in nationibus, et dispergeret eos in regionibus.
- Et initiati sunt Beelphegor, et comederunt sacrificia mortuorum.
- Et irritaverunt eum in adinventionibus suis, et multiplicata est in eis ruina.
- Et stetit Phinees, et placavit, et cessavit quassatio.
- Et reputatum est ei in justitiam, in generationem et generationem usque in sempiternum.
- Et irritaverunt eum ad Aquas contradictionis ; et vexatus est Moyses propter eos ;
- quia exacerbaverunt spiritum ejus, et distinxit in labiis suis.
- Non disperdiderunt gentes quas dixit Dominus illis ;
- et commisti sunt inter gentes, et didicerunt opera eorum ;
- et servierunt sculptilibus eorum, et factum est illis in scandalum.
- Et immolaverunt filios suos et filias suas dæmoniis.
- Et effuderunt sanguinem innocentem, sanguinem filiorum suorum et filiarum suarum, quas sacrificaverunt sculptilibus Chanaan. Et infecta est terra in sanguinibus ;
- et contaminata est in operibus eorum, et fornicati sunt in adinventionibus suis.
- Et iratus est furore Dominus in populum suum, et abominatus est hæreditatem suam.
- Et tradidit eos in manus gentium ; et dominati sunt eorum qui oderunt eos.
- Et tribulaverunt eos inimici eorum ; et humiliati sunt sub manibus eorum ;
- sæpe liberavit eos. Ipsi autem exacerbaverunt eum in consilio suo ; et humiliati sunt in iniquitatibus suis.
- Et vidit cum tribularentur, et audivit orationem eorum.
- Et memor fuit testamenti sui, et pœnituit eum secundum multitudinem misericordiæ suæ ;
- et dedit eos in misericordias, in conspectu omnium qui ceperant eos.
- Salvos nos fac, Domine Deus noster, et congrega nos de nationibus ; ut confiteamur nomini sancto tuo, et gloriemur in laude tua.
- Benedictus Dominus Deus Israël, a sæculo et usque in sæculum ; et dicet omnis populus : Fiat ! fiat !
|Psalm 106 Text (KJV)
- Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD? who can shew forth all his praise?
- Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.
- Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation;
- That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.
- We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly.
- Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea.
- Nevertheless he saved them for his name's sake, that he might make his mighty power to be known.
- He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.
- And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
- And the waters covered their enemies: there was not one of them left.
- Then believed they his words; they sang his praise.
- They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:
- But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.
- And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.
- They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aaron the saint of the LORD.
- The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram.
- And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked.
- They made a calf in Horeb, and worshipped the molten image.
- Thus they changed their glory into the similitude of an ox that eateth grass.
- They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt;
- Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and terrible things by the Red sea.
- Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.
- Yea, they despised the pleasant land, they believed not his word:
- But murmured in their tents, and hearkened not unto the voice of the LORD.
- Therefore he lifted up his hand against them, to overthrow them in the wilderness:
- To overthrow their seed also among the nations, and to scatter them in the lands.
- They joined themselves also unto Baal-peor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead.
- Thus they provoked him to anger with their inventions: and the plague brake in upon them.
- Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment: and so the plague was stayed.
- And that was counted unto him for righteousness unto all generations for evermore.
- They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes:
- Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.
- They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the LORD commanded them:
- But were mingled among the heathen, and learned their works.
- And they served their idols: which were a snare unto them.
- Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
- And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.
- Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.
- Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.
- And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them.
- Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand.
- Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity.
- Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry:
- And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.
- He made them also to be pitied of all those that carried them captives.
- Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise.
- Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.