|Psalm 109 - Versions
|Psalm 109 Text (WEB)
- God of my praise, don't remain silent,
- for they have opened the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of deceit against me. They have spoken to me with a lying tongue.
- They have also surrounded me with words of hatred, and fought against me without a cause.
- In return for my love, they are my adversaries; but I am in prayer.
- They have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
- Set a wicked man over him. Let an adversary stand at his right hand.
- When he is judged, let him come forth guilty. Let his prayer be turned into sin.
- Let his days be few. Let another take his office.
- Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
- Let his children be wandering beggars. Let them be sought from their ruins.
- Let the creditor seize all that he has. Let strangers plunder the fruit of his labor.
- Let there be none to extend kindness to him, neither let there be any to have pity on his fatherless children.
- Let his posterity be cut off. In the generation following let their name be blotted out.
- Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered by Yahweh. Don't let the sin of his mother be blotted out.
- Let them be before Yahweh continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth;
- because he didn't remember to show kindness, but persecuted the poor and needy man, the broken in heart, to kill them.
- Yes, he loved cursing, and it came to him. He didn't delight in blessing, and it was far from him.
- He clothed himself also with cursing as with his garment. It came into his inward parts like water, like oil into his bones.
- Let it be to him as the clothing with which he covers himself, for the belt that is always around him.
- This is the reward of my adversaries from Yahweh, of those who speak evil against my soul.
- But deal with me, Yahweh the Lord, for your name's sake, because your loving kindness is good, deliver me;
- for I am poor and needy. My heart is wounded within me.
- I fade away like an evening shadow. I am shaken off like a locust.
- My knees are weak through fasting. My body is thin and lacks fat.
- I have also become a reproach to them. When they see me, they shake their head.
- Help me, Yahweh, my God. Save me according to your loving kindness;
- that they may know that this is your hand; that you, Yahweh, have done it.
- They may curse, but you bless. When they arise, they will be shamed, but your servant shall rejoice.
- Let my adversaries be clothed with dishonor. Let them cover themselves with their own shame as with a robe.
- I will give great thanks to Yahweh with my mouth. Yes, I will praise him among the multitude.
- For he will stand at the right hand of the needy, to save him from those who judge his soul. A Psalm by David.
|Psalm 109 Text (Hebrew)
- למנצח לדוד מזמור אלהי תהלתי אל־תחרש׃
- כי פי רשע ופי־מרמה עלי פתחו דברו אתי לשון שקר׃
- ודברי שנאה סבבוני וילחמוני חנם׃
- תחת־אהבתי ישטנוני ואני תפלה׃
- וישימו עלי רעה תחת טובה ושנאה תחת אהבתי׃
- הפקד עליו רשע ושטן יעמד על־ימינו׃
- בהשפטו יצא רשע ותפלתו תהיה לחטאה׃
- יהיו־ימיו מעטים פקדתו יקח אחר׃
- יהיו־בניו יתומים ואשתו אלמנה׃
- ונוע ינועו בניו ושאלו ודרשו מחרבותיהם׃
- ינקש נושה לכל־אשר־לו ויבזו זרים יגיעו׃
- אל־יהי־לו משך חסד ואל־יהי חוןן ליתומיו׃
- יהי־אחריתו להכרית בדור אחר ימח שםם׃
- יזכר עון אבתיו אל־יהוה וחטאת אמו אל־תמח׃
- יהיו נגד־יהוה תמיד ויכרת מארץ זכרם׃
- יען אשר לא זכר עשות חסד וירדף איש־עני ואביון ונכאה לבב למותת׃
- ויאהב קללה ותבואהו ולא־חפץ בברכה ותרחק ממנו׃
- וילבש קללה כמדו ותבא כמים בקרבו וכשמן בעצמותיו׃
- תהי־לו כבגד יעטה ולמזח תמיד יחגרה׃
- זאת פעלת שטני מאת יהוה והדברים רע על־נפשי׃
- ואתה יהוה אדני עשה־אתי למען שמך כי־טוב חסדך הצילני׃
- כי־עני ואביון אנכי ולבי חלל בקרבי׃
- כצל־כנטותו נהלכתי ננערתי כארבה׃
- ברכי כשלו מצום ובשרי כחש משמן׃
- ואני הייתי חרפה להם יראוני יניעון ראשם׃
- עזרני יהוה אלהי הושיעני כחסדך׃
- וידעו כי־ידך זאת אתה יהוה עשיתה׃
- יקללו־המה ואתה תברך קמו ויבשו ועבדך ישמח׃
- ילבשו שוטני כלמה ויעטו כמעיל בשתם׃
- אודה יהוה מאד בפי ובתוך רבים אהללנו׃
- כי־יעמד לימין אביון להושיע משפטי נפשו׃
|Psalm 109 Text (Latin)
- In finem. Psalmus David.
- Deus, laudem meam ne tacueris, quia os peccatoris et os dolosi super me apertum est.
- Locuti sunt adversum me lingua dolosa, et sermonibus odii circumdederunt me, et expugnaverunt me gratis.
- Pro eo ut me diligerent, detrahebant mihi ; ego autem orabam.
- Et posuerunt adversum me mala pro bonis, et odium pro dilectione mea.
- Constitue super eum peccatorem ; et diabolus stet a dextris ejus.
- Cum judicatur, exeat condemnatus ; et oratio ejus fiat in peccatum.
- Fiant dies ejus pauci, et episcopatum ejus accipiat alter.
- Fiant filii ejus orphani, et uxor ejus vidua.
- Nutantes transferantur filii ejus et mendicent, et ejiciantur de habitationibus suis.
- Scrutetur fœnerator omnem substantiam ejus, et diripiant alieni labores ejus.
- Non sit illi adjutor ; nec sit qui misereatur pupillis ejus.
- Fiant nati ejus in interitum ; in generatione una deleatur nomen ejus.
- In memoriam redeat iniquitas patrum ejus in conspectu Domini, et peccatum matris ejus non deleatur.
- Fiant contra Dominum semper, et dispereat de terra memoria eorum :
- pro eo quod non est recordatus facere misericordiam,
- et persecutus est hominem inopem et mendicum, et compunctum corde mortificare.
- Et dilexit maledictionem, et veniet ei ; et noluit benedictionem, et elongabitur ab eo. Et induit maledictionem sicut vestimentum ; et intravit sicut aqua in interiora ejus, et sicut oleum in ossibus ejus.
- Fiat ei sicut vestimentum quo operitur, et sicut zona qua semper præcingitur.
- Hoc opus eorum qui detrahunt mihi apud Dominum, et qui loquuntur mala adversus animam meam.
- Et tu, Domine, Domine, fac mecum propter nomen tuum, quia suavis est misericordia tua.
- Libera me, quia egenus et pauper ego sum, et cor meum conturbatum est intra me.
- Sicut umbra cum declinat ablatus sum, et excussus sum sicut locustæ.
- Genua mea infirmata sunt a jejunio ; et caro mea immutata est propter oleum.
- Et ego factus sum opprobrium illis ; viderunt me, et moverunt capita sua.
- Adjuva me, Domine Deus meus ; salvum me fac secundum misericordiam tuam.
- Et sciant quia manus tua hæc, et tu, Domine, fecisti eam.
- Maledicent illi, et tu benedices ; qui insurgunt in me confundantur, servus autem tuus lætabitur.
- Induantur qui detrahunt mihi pudore, et operiantur sicut diploide confusione sua.
- Confitebor Domino nimis in ore meo, et in medio multorum laudabo eum ;
- quia astitit a dextris pauperis, ut salvam faceret a persequentibus animam meam.
|Psalm 109 Text (KJV)
- Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;
- For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
- They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
- For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
- And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.
- Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
- When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
- Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
- Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
- Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
- Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
- Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
- Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
- Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
- Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.
- Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.
- As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.
- As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
- Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.
- Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul.
- But do thou for me, O GOD the Lord, for thy name's sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me.
- For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.
- I am gone like the shadow when it declineth: I am tossed up and down as the locust.
- My knees are weak through fasting; and my flesh faileth of fatness.
- I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.
- Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy:
- That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it.
- Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.
- Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
- I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.
- For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm