|Psalm 36 - Versions
|Psalm 36 Text (WEB)
- An oracle is within my heart about the disobedience of the wicked: "There is no fear of God before his eyes."
- For he flatters himself in his own eyes, too much to detect and hate his sin.
- The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit. He has ceased to be wise and to do good.
- He plots iniquity on his bed. He sets himself in a way that is not good. He doesn't abhor evil.
- Your loving kindness, Yahweh, is in the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
- Your righteousness is like the mountains of God. Your judgments are like a great deep. Yahweh, you preserve man and animal.
- How precious is your loving kindness, God! The children of men take refuge under the shadow of your wings.
- They shall be abundantly satisfied with the abundance of your house. You will make them drink of the river of your pleasures.
- For with you is the spring of life. In your light shall we see light.
- Oh continue your loving kindness to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.
- Don't let the foot of pride come against me. Don't let the hand of the wicked drive me away.
- There the workers of iniquity are fallen. They are thrust down, and shall not be able to rise. By David.
|Psalm 36 Text (Hebrew)
- נאם־פשע לרשע בקרב לבי אין־פחד אלהים לנגד עיניו׃
- כי־החליק אליו בעיניו למצא עונו לשנא׃
- דברי־פיו און ומרמה חדל להשכיל להיטיב׃
- און יחשב על־משכבו יתיצב על־דרך לא־טוב רע לא ימאס׃
- יהוה בהשמים חסדך אמונתך עד־שחקים׃
- צדקתכ כהררי־אל משפטך תהום רבה אדם־ובהמה תושיע יהוה׃
- מה־יקר חסדך אלהים ובני אדם בצל כנפיך יחסיון׃
- ירוין מדשן ביתך ונחל עדניך תשקם׃
- כי־עמך מקור חיים באורך נראה־אור׃
- משך חסדך לידעיך וצדקתך לישרי־לב׃
- אל־תבואני רגל גאוה ויד־רשעים אל־תנדני׃
- שם נפלו פעלי און דחו ולא־יכלו קום׃
|Psalm 36 Text (Latin)
- In finem. Servo Domini ipsi David.
- Quoniam dolose egit in conspectu ejus, ut inveniatur iniquitas ejus ad odium.
- Verba oris ejus iniquitas, et dolus ; noluit intelligere ut bene ageret.
- Iniquitatem meditatus est in cubili suo ; astitit omni viæ non bonæ, malitiam autem non odivit.
- Domine, in cælo misericordia tua, et veritas tua usque ad nubes.
- Justitia tua sicut montes Dei ; judicia tua abyssus multa. Homines et jumenta salvabis, Domine,
- quemadmodum multiplicasti misericordiam tuam, Deus. Filii autem hominum in tegmine alarum tuarum sperabunt.
- Inebriabuntur ab ubertate domus tuæ, et torrente voluptatis tuæ potabis eos ;
- quoniam apud te est fons vitæ, et in lumine tuo videbimus lumen.
- Prætende misericordiam tuam scientibus te, et justitiam tuam his qui recto sunt corde.
- Non veniat mihi pes superbiæ, et manus peccatoris non moveat me.
- Ibi ceciderunt qui operantur iniquitatem ; expulsi sunt, nec potuerunt stare.
|Psalm 36 Text (KJV)
- The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
- For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
- The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
- He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.
- Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
- Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.
- How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
- They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
- For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
- O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
- Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.
- There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm