|Psalm 73 - Versions
|Psalm 73 Text (WEB)
- Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.
- But as for me, my feet were almost gone. My steps had nearly slipped.
- For I was envious of the arrogant, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
- For there are no struggles in their death, but their strength is firm.
- They are free from burdens of men, neither are they plagued like other men.
- Therefore pride is like a chain around their neck. Violence covers them like a garment.
- Their eyes bulge with fat. Their minds pass the limits of conceit.
- They scoff and speak with malice. In arrogance, they threaten oppression.
- They have set their mouth in the heavens. Their tongue walks through the earth.
- Therefore their people return to them, and they drink up waters of abundance.
- They say, "How does God know? Is there knowledge in the Most High?"
- Behold, these are the wicked. Being always at ease, they increase in riches.
- Surely in vain I have cleansed my heart, and washed my hands in innocence,
- For all day long have I been plagued, and punished every morning.
- If I had said, "I will speak thus;" behold, I would have betrayed the generation of your children.
- When I tried to understand this, it was too painful for me;
- Until I entered God's sanctuary, and considered their latter end.
- Surely you set them in slippery places. You throw them down to destruction.
- How they are suddenly destroyed! They are completely swept away with terrors.
- As a dream when one wakes up, so, Lord, when you awake, you will despise their fantasies.
- For my soul was grieved. I was embittered in my heart.
- I was so senseless and ignorant. I was a brute beast before you.
- Nevertheless, I am continually with you. You have held my right hand.
- You will guide me with your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
- Who do I have in heaven? There is no one on earth who I desire besides you.
- My flesh and my heart fails, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
- For, behold, those who are far from you shall perish. You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to you.
- But it is good for me to come close to God. I have made the Lord Yahweh my refuge, that I may tell of all your works. A contemplation by Asaph.
|Psalm 73 Text (Hebrew)
- מזמור לאסף אך טוב לישראל אלהים לברי לבב׃
- ואני כמעט רגלי כאין אשרי׃
- כי־קנאתי בהוללים שלום רשעים אראה׃
- כי אין חרצבות למותם ובריא אולם׃
- בעמל אנוש אינמו ועם־אדם לא ינגעו׃
- לכן ענקתמו גאוה יעטף־שית חמס למו׃
- יצא מחלב עינמו עברו משכיות לבב׃
- ימיקו וידברו ברע עשק ממרום ידברו׃
- שתו בשמים פיהם ולשונם תהלך בארץ׃
- לכן עמו הלם ומי מלא ימצו למו׃
- ואמרו איכה ידע־אל ויש דעה בעליון׃
- הנה־אלה רשעים ושלוי עולם השגו־חיל׃
- אך־ריק זכיתי לבבי וארחץ בנקיון כפי׃
- ואהי נגוע כל־היום ותוכחתי לבקרים׃
- אם־אמרתי אספרה כמו הנה דור בניך בגדתי׃
- ואחשבה לדעת זאת עמל בעיני׃
- עד־אבוא אל־מקדשי־אל אבינה לאחריתם׃
- אך בחלקות תשית למו הפלתם למשואות׃
- איך היו לשמה כרגע ספו תמו מן־בלהות׃
- כחלום מהקיץ אדני בעיר צלםם תבזה׃
- כי יתחמץ לבבי וכליותי אשתוןן׃
- ואני־בער ולא אדע בהמות הייתי עמך׃
- ואני תמיד עמך אחזת ביד־ימיני׃
- בעצתך תנחני ואחר כבוד תקחני׃
- מי־לי בשמים ועמך לא־חפצתי בארץ׃
- כלה שארי ולבבי צור־לבבי וחלקי אלהים לעולם׃
- כי־הנה רחקיך יאבדו הצמתה כל־זונה ממך׃
- ואני קרבת אלהים לי־טוב שתי באדני יהוה מחסי לספר כל־מלאכותיך׃
|Psalm 73 Text (Latin)
- Psalmus Asaph. Quam bonus Israël Deus, his qui recto sunt corde !
- Mei autem pene moti sunt pedes, pene effusi sunt gressus mei ;
- quia zelavi super iniquos, pacem peccatorum videns.
- Quia non est respectus morti eorum, et firmamentum in plaga eorum.
- In labore hominum non sunt, et cum hominibus non flagellabuntur.
- Ideo tenuit eos superbia ; operti sunt iniquitate et impietate sua.
- Prodiit quasi ex adipe iniquitas eorum ; transierunt in affectum cordis.
- Cogitaverunt et locuti sunt nequitiam ; iniquitatem in excelso locuti sunt.
- Posuerunt in cælum os suum, et lingua eorum transivit in terra.
- Ideo convertetur populus meus hic, et dies pleni invenientur in eis.
- Et dixerunt : Quomodo scit Deus, et si est scientia in excelso ?
- Ecce ipsi peccatores, et abundantes in sæculo, obtinuerunt divitias.
- Et dixi : Ergo sine causa justificavi cor meum, et lavi inter innocentes manus meas ;
- et fui flagellatus tota die, et castigatio mea in matutinis.
- Si dicebam : Narrabo sic ; ecce nationem filiorum tuorum reprobavi.
- Existimabam ut cognoscerem hoc ; labor est ante me :
- donec intrem in sanctuarium Dei, et intelligam in novissimis eorum.
- Verumtamen propter dolos posuisti eis ; dejecisti eos dum allevarentur.
- Quomodo facti sunt in desolationem ? subito defecerunt ; perierunt propter iniquitatem suam.
- Velut somnium surgentium, Domine, in civitate tua imaginem ipsorum ad nihilum rediges.
- Quia inflammatum est cor meum, et renes mei commutati sunt ;
- et ego ad nihilum redactus sum, et nescivi ;
- ut jumentum factus sum apud te, et ego semper tecum.
- Tenuisti manum dexteram meam, et in voluntate tua deduxisti me, et cum gloria suscepisti me.
- Quid enim mihi est in cælo ? et a te quid volui super terram ?
- Defecit caro mea et cor meum ; Deus cordis mei, et pars mea, Deus in æternum.
- Quia ecce qui elongant se a te peribunt ; perdidisti omnes qui fornicantur abs te.
- Mihi autem adhærere Deo bonum est, ponere in Domino Deo spem meam ; ut annuntiem omnes prædicationes tuas in portis filiæ Sion.
|Psalm 73 Text (KJV)
- Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.
- But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped.
- For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
- For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
- They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
- Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
- Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
- They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
- They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
- Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
- And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
- Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
- Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
- For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
- If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
- When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
- Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
- Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
- How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.
- As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.
- Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.
- So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
- Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
- Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
- Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
- My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
- For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
- But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm