|Revelation 1 - Versions
|Revelation 1 Text (WEB)
- This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things which must happen soon, which he sent and made known by his angel to his servant, John,
- who testified to God's word, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, about everything that he saw.
- Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written in it, for the time is at hand.
- John, to the seven assemblies that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from God, who is and who was and who is to come; and from the seven Spirits who are before his throne;
- and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and washed us from our sins by his blood;
- and he made us to be a Kingdom, priests to his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, including those who pierced him. All the tribes of the earth will mourn over him. Even so, Amen.
- "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
- I John, your brother and partner with you in oppression, Kingdom, and perseverance in Christ Jesus, was on the isle that is called Patmos because of God's Word and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, like a trumpet
- saying, "What you see, write in a book and send to the seven assemblies: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."
- I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. Having turned, I saw seven golden lampstands.
- And among the lampstands was one like a son of man, clothed with a robe reaching down to his feet, and with a golden sash around his chest.
- His head and his hair were white as white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire.
- His feet were like burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace. His voice was like the voice of many waters.
- He had seven stars in his right hand. Out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining at its brightest.
- When I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead man. He laid his right hand on me, saying, "Don't be afraid. I am the first and the last,
- and the Living one. I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. I have the keys of Death and of Hades.
- Write therefore the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will happen hereafter;
- the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands. The seven stars are the angels of the seven assemblies. The seven lampstands are seven assemblies.
|Revelation 1 Text (Hebrew)
חזון ישוע המשיח אשר נתן לו האלהים להראות את עבדיו את אשר היה יהיה במהרה והוא הודיע בשלחו ביד מלאכו לעבדו יוחנן׃
אשר העיד דבר האלהים ועדות ישוע המשיח ואת כל אשר ראה׃
אשרי הקורא ואשרי השמעים את דברי הנבואה ושמרים את אשר כתוב בה כי קרובה העת׃
יוחנן אל שבע הקהלות אשר באסיא חסד לכם ושלום מאת ההוה והיה ויבוא ומן שבעת הרוחות אשר לפני כסאו׃
ומאת ישוע המשיח העד הנאמן ובכור מן המתים ועליון למלכי ארץ לו אשר אהב אתנו ובדמו גאלנו מחטאתינו׃
ויעש אתנו למלכים וכהנים לאלהים אביו הכבוד והעז לעולמי עולמים אמן׃
הנה הוא בא עם העננים וראתה אתו כל עין גם אלה אשר דקרהו וספדו עליו כל משפחות הארץ כן יהיה אמן׃
אני האלף ואני התו ראש וסוף נאם יהוה אלהים ההוה והיה ויבוא אלהי צבאות׃
אני יוחנן אחיכם וגם חבר לכם בלחץ ובמלכות ובסבלנות למען ישוע המשיח הייתי באי אשר שמו פטמוס בעבור דבר האלהים ובעבור עדות ישוע המשיח׃
ואהי ברוח ביום האדון ואשמע אחרי קול גדול כקול שופר׃
ויאמר אני האלף ואני התו הראשון והאחרון ואת אשר אתה ראה כתב אל ספר ושלחהו אל הקהלות אשר באסיא לאפסוס ולזמירנא ולפרגמוס ולתיאטירא ולסרדיס ולפילדפיא וללודקיא׃
ואפן לראות את הקול המדבר אלי ויהי בפנותי וארא שבע מנרות זהב׃
ובתוך שבע המנרות דמות בן אדם לבוש מעיל וחגור אזור זהב על לבו׃
וראשו ושערו לבנים כצמר צחר כשלג ועיניו כלבת אש׃
ומרגלתיו כעין נחשת קלל כצרופות בכור וקולו כקול מים רבים׃
ויהי לו ביד ימינו שבעה כוכבים ומפיו יוצאת חרב פיפיות חדה ופניו כשמש המאיר בגבורתו׃
וכראתי אותו ואפל לרגליו כמת וישת עלי יד ימינו ויאמר אל תירא אני הראשון והאחרון והחי׃
ואהי מת והנני חי לעולמי עולמים אמן ובידי מפתחות שאול ומות׃
ועתה כתב את אשר ראית ואשר נעשה עתה ואשר עתיד להיות אחרי כן׃
את סוד שבעת הכוכבים אשר ראית בימיני ואת שבע מנרות הזהב שבעת הכוכבים הם מלאכי שבע הקהלות ושבע המנרות אשר ראית שבע קהלות הנה׃
|Revelation 1 Text (Latin)
- Apocalypsis Jesu Christi, quam dedit illi Deus palam facere servis suis, quæ oportet fieri cito : et significavit, mittens per angelum suum servo suo Joanni,
- qui testimonium perhibuit verbo Dei, et testimonium Jesu Christi, quæcumque vidit.
- Beatus qui legit, et audit verba prophetiæ hujus, et servat ea, quæ in ea scripta sunt : tempus enim prope est.
- Joannes septem ecclesiis, quæ sunt in Asia. Gratia vobis, et pax ab eo, qui est, et qui erat, et qui venturus est : et a septem spiritibus qui in conspectu throni ejus sunt :
- et a Jesu Christo, qui est testis fidelis, primogenitus mortuorum, et princeps regum terræ, qui dilexit nos, et lavit nos a peccatis nostris in sanguine suo,
- et fecit nos regnum, et sacerdotes Deo et Patri suo : ipsi gloria et imperium in sæcula sæculorum. Amen.
- Ecce venit cum nubibus, et videbit eum omnis oculus, et qui eum pupugerunt. Et plangent se super eum omnes tribus terræ. Etiam : amen.
- Ego sum alpha et omega, principium et finis, dicit Dominus Deus : qui est, et qui erat, et qui venturus est, omnipotens.
- Ego Joannes frater vester, et particeps in tribulatione, et regno, et patientia in Christo Jesu : fui in insula, quæ appellatur Patmos, propter verbum Dei, et testimonium Jesu :
- fui in spiritu in dominica die, et audivi post me vocem magnam tamquam tubæ,
- dicentis : Quod vides, scribe in libro : et mitte septem ecclesiis, quæ sunt in Asia, Epheso, et Smyrnæ, et Pergamo, et Thyatiræ, et Sardis, et Philadelphiæ, et Laodiciæ.
- Et conversus sum ut viderem vocem, quæ loquebatur mecum : et conversus vidi septem candelabra aurea :
- et in medio septem candelabrorum aureorum, similem Filio hominis vestitum podere, et præcinctum ad mamillas zona aurea :
- caput autem ejus, et capilli erant candidi tamquam lana alba, et tamquam nix, et oculi ejus tamquam flamma ignis :
- et pedes ejus similes auricalco, sicut in camino ardenti, et vox illius tamquam vox aquarum multarum :
- et habebat in dextera sua stellas septem : et de ore ejus gladius utraque parte acutus exibat : et facies ejus sicut sol lucet in virtute sua.
- Et cum vidissem eum, cecidi ad pedes ejus tamquam mortuus. Et posuit dexteram suam super me, dicens : Noli timere : ego sum primus, et novissimus,
- et vivus, et fui mortuus, et ecce sum vivens in sæcula sæculorum : et habeo claves mortis, et inferni.
- Scribe ergo quæ vidisti, et quæ sunt, et quæ oportet fieri post hæc.
- Sacramentum septem stellarum, quas vidisti in dextera mea, et septem candelabra aurea : septem stellæ, angeli sunt septem ecclesiarum : et candelabra septem, septem ecclesiæ sunt.
|Revelation 1 Text (KJV)
- The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
- Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
- Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
- John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
- And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
- And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
- Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
- I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
- I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
- Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
- And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
- And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
- His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
- And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
- And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
- And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
- I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
- Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
- The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.