|Revelation 13 - Versions
|Revelation 13 Text (WEB)
- Then I stood on the sand of the sea. I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads. On his horns were ten crowns, and on his heads, blasphemous names.
- The beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.
- One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast.
- They worshiped the dragon, because he gave his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
- A mouth speaking great things and blasphemy was given to him. Authority to make war for forty-two months was given to him.
- He opened his mouth for blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his dwelling, those who dwell in heaven.
- It was given to him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them. Authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation was given to him.
- All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been killed.
- If anyone has an ear, let him hear.
- If anyone is to go into captivity, he will go into captivity. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, he must be killed. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.
- I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon.
- He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. He makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.
- He performs great signs, even making fire come down out of the sky to the earth in the sight of people.
- He deceives my own people who dwell on the earth because of the signs he was granted to do in front of the beast; saying to those who dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast who had the sword wound and lived.
- It was given to him to give breath to it, to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause as many as wouldn't worship the image of the beast to be killed.
- He causes all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, and the free and the slave, to be given marks on their right hands, or on their foreheads;
- and that no one would be able to buy or to sell, unless he has that mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name.
- Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.
|Revelation 13 Text (Hebrew)
ואהי עמד על חול הים וארא חיה עלה מן הים ולה שבעה ראשים ועשר קרנים ועל קרניה עשרה כתרים ועל ראשיה שם גדופים׃
והחיה אשר ראיתי מראה כנמר ורגליה כרגלי דב ופיה כפי אריה ויתן לה התנין את כחו ואת כסאו וממשל רב׃
וארא והנה אחד מראשיה כפצוע עד מות ומכת מות אשר לו נרפאה ותשתומם כל הארץ אחרי החיה׃
וישתחוו לתנין אשר נתן ממשלה לחיה וישתחוו לחיה ויאמרו מי ידמה לחיה ומי יוכל להלחם אתה׃
וינתן לה פה ממלל גדלות ונאצות ושלטן נתן לה להלחם ארבעים ושנים חדשים׃
ותפתח את פיה לנאצה אל האלהים ותנאץ את שמו ואת משכנו ואת החנים בשמים׃
וינתן לה לעשות מלחמה עם הקדשים ולנצחם ותנתן לה ממשלה על כל משפחה ועם ולשון וגוי׃
וישתחוו לה כל ישבי הארץ אשר לא נכתבו שמותם בספר החיים אשר לשה הטבוח מיום הוסד תבל׃
כל אשר אזן לו ישמע׃
כל המוליך לשבי ילך בשבי וכל ההרג בחרב הרג יהרג בחרב בזה סבלנות ואמונת הקדשים׃
וארא חיה אחרת עלה מן האדמה ולה קרנים כקרני שה ומדברת כתנין׃
והיא עשה כל פקודי החיה הראשונה בפניה ומביאה את הארץ וישביה להשתחות לחיה הראשונה אשר נרפאה מכת מות אשר לה׃
ונתנת אותות גדלות וגם אש מן השמים תוריד ארצה לעיני בני אדם׃
ותתעה את ישבי הארץ על ידי האותות אשר נתן לה לעשות בפני החיה באמרה אל ישבי הארץ לעשות צלם לחיה אשר הכתה מכת חרב ותחי׃
וינתן לה לתת רוח בצלם החיה למען דבר ידבר צלם החיה ועשתה כי כל אשר אימן משתחוים לצלם החיה מות יומתו׃
ותעש כי כלם למקטן ועד גדול אם אביון ואם עשיר גם בני החרים גם העבדים יתוו תו על די ימינם או על מצחתם׃
וכי לא יוכל איש לקנות או למכר כי אם בהיות עליו תו החיה או שמה או מספר שמה׃
בזה החכמה מי אשר לו תבונה יחשב מספר החיה כי מספר בן אדם הוא ומספרו שש מאות וששים ושש׃
|Revelation 13 Text (Latin)
- Et vidi de mari bestiam ascendentem habentem capita septem, et cornua decem, et super cornua ejus decem diademata, et super capita ejus nomina blasphemiæ.
- Et bestia, quam vidi, similis erat pardo, et pedes ejus sicut pedes ursi, et os ejus sicut os leonis. Et dedit illi draco virtutem suam, et potestatem magnam.
- Et vidi unum de capitibus suis quasi occisum in mortem : et plaga mortis ejus curata est. Et admirata est universa terra post bestiam.
- Et adoraverunt draconem, qui dedit potestatem bestiæ : et adoraverunt bestiam, dicentes : Quis similis bestiæ ? et quis poterit pugnare cum ea ?
- Et datum est ei os loquens magna et blasphemias : et data est ei potestas facere menses quadraginta duos.
- Et aperuit os suum in blasphemias ad Deum, blasphemare nomen ejus, et tabernaculum ejus, et eos qui in cælo habitant.
- Et est datum illi bellum facere cum sanctis, et vincere eos. Et data est illi potestas in omnem tribum, et populum, et linguam, et gentem,
- et adoraverunt eam omnes, qui inhabitant terram : quorum non sunt scripta nomina in libro vitæ Agni, qui occisus est ab origine mundi.
- Si quis habet aurem, audiat.
- Qui in captivitatem duxerit, in captivitatem vadet : qui in gladio occiderit, oportet eum gladio occidi. Hic est patientia, et fides sanctorum.
- Et vidi aliam bestiam ascendentem de terra, et habebat cornua duo similia Agni, et loquebatur sicut draco.
- Et potestatem prioris bestiæ omnem faciebat in conspectu ejus : et fecit terram, et habitantes in ea, adorare bestiam primam, cujus curata est plaga mortis.
- Et fecit signa magna, ut etiam ignem faceret de cælo descendere in terram in conspectu hominum.
- Et seduxit habitantes in terra propter signa, quæ data sunt illi facere in conspectu bestiæ, dicens habitantibus in terra, ut faciant imaginem bestiæ, quæ habet plagam gladii, et vixit.
- Et datum est illi ut daret spiritum imagini bestiæ, et ut loquatur imago bestiæ : et faciat ut quicumque non adoraverint imaginem bestiæ, occidantur.
- Et faciet omnes pusillos, et magnos, et divites, et pauperes, et liberos, et servos habere caracterem in dextera manu sua, aut in frontibus suis :
- et nequis possit emere, aut vendere, nisi qui habet caracterem, aut nomen bestiæ, aut numerum nominis ejus.
- Hic sapientia est. Qui habet intellectum, computet numerum bestiæ. Numerus enim hominis est : et numerus ejus sexcenti sexaginta sex.
|Revelation 13 Text (KJV)
- And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
- And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
- And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
- And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
- And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
- And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
- And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
- And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- If any man have an ear, let him hear.
- He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
- And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
- And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
- And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
- And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
- And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
- And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
- And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
- Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.