|Revelation 6 - Versions
|Revelation 6 Text (WEB)
- I saw that the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying, as with a voice of thunder, "Come and see!"
- And behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow. A crown was given to him, and he came forth conquering, and to conquer.
- When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come!"
- Another came forth, a red horse. To him who sat on it was given power to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another. There was given to him a great sword.
- When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, "Come and see!" And behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a balance in his hand.
- I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A choenix of wheat for a denarius, and three choenix of barley for a denarius! Don't damage the oil and the wine!"
- When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living creature saying, "Come and see!"
- And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him.
- When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of God, and for the testimony of the Lamb which they had.
- They cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, Master, the holy and true, until you judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"
- A long white robe was given to each of them. They were told that they should rest yet for a while, until their fellow servants and their brothers, who would also be killed even as they were, should complete their course.
- I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake. The sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became as blood.
- The stars of the sky fell to the earth, like a fig tree dropping its unripe figs when it is shaken by a great wind.
- The sky was removed like a scroll when it is rolled up. Every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
- The kings of the earth, the princes, the commanding officers, the rich, the strong, and every slave and free person, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains.
- They told the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb,
- for the great day of his wrath has come; and who is able to stand?"
|Revelation 6 Text (Hebrew)
וארא כאשר פתח השה אחד מן שבעה החתמות ואשמע אחת מארבע החיות מדברת כקול רעם לאמר בא וראה׃
ואביט והנה סוס לבן והרכב עליו קשת בידו ותנתן לו עטרה ויצא מנצח ולמען ינצח׃
וכפתחו את החותם השני ואשמע את החיה השנית אמרת בא וראה׃
ויצא סוס שני והוא אדם ולרכב עליו נתן לשאת את השלום מן הארץ למען יהרגו איש את אחיו ותנתן לו חרב גדולה׃
וכפתחו את החותם השלישי ואשמע את החיה השלישית אמרת בא וראה ואביט והנה סוס שחר והרכב עליו מאזנים בידו׃
ואשמע קול מתוך ארבע החיות לאמר קב חטים בדינר ושלשה קבים שערים בדינר ואת השמן והיין אל תשחת׃
וכפתחו את החותם הרביעי ואשמע את החיה הרביעית אמרת בא וראה׃
וארא והנה סוס ירקרק והרכב עליו שמו המות ושאול יוצאת לרגליו וינתן להם שלטן על רביעית הארץ להמית בחרב וברעב ובדבר ובחית הארץ׃
וכפתחו החותם החמישי וארא מתחת למזבח את נפשות הטבוחים על דבר האלהים ועל העדות אשר היתה להם׃
ויזעקו בקול גדול ויאמרו עד מתי אדני הקדוש והאמתי לא תשפט ולא תקום את דמינו מישבי הארץ׃
ויתן לאיש איש מהם שמלות לבנות ויאמר אליהם לנוח עוד זמן מעט עד מלאת מספר העבדים חברים ואחיהם העתידים להרג כמוהם׃
וארא בפתחו את החותם הששי והנה רעש גדול היה ויקדר השמש כשק שער והירח נהפך לדם׃
וכוכבי השמים נפלו ארצה כאשר תנוע תאנה ברוח חזקה והשליכה פגיה׃
והשמים משו כספר נגלל וכל הר ואי הנתקו ממקומם׃
ומלכי הארץ והרזנים ושרי האלפים והעשירים והתקיפים וכל עבד וכל בן חרים התחבאו במערות ובסלעי ההרים׃
ויאמרו אל ההרים ואל הסלעים נפלו עלינו וכסונו מפני הישב על הכסא ומפני חמת השה׃
כי בא יום עברתו הגדול ומי יוכל להתיצב׃
|Revelation 6 Text (Latin)
- Et vidi quod aperuisset Agnus unum de septem sigillis, et audivi unum de quatuor animalibus, dicens tamquam vocem tonitrui : Veni, et vide.
- Et vidi : et ecce equus albus, et qui sedebat super illum, habebat arcum, et data est ei corona, et exivit vincens ut vinceret.
- Et cum aperuisset sigillum secundum, audivi secundum animal, dicens : Veni, et vide.
- Et exivit alius equus rufus : et qui sedebat super illum, datum est ei ut sumeret pacem de terra, et ut invicem se interficiant, et datus est ei gladius magnus.
- Et cum aperuisset sigillum tertium, audivi tertium animal, dicens : Veni, et vide. Et ecce equus niger : et qui sedebat super illum, habebat stateram in manu sua.
- Et audivi tamquam vocem in medio quatuor animalium dicentium : Bilibris tritici denario et tres bilibres hordei denario, et vinum, et oleum ne læseris.
- Et cum aperuisset sigillum quartum, audivi vocem quarti animalis dicentis : Veni, et vide.
- Et ecce equus pallidus : et qui sedebat super eum, nomen illi Mors, et infernus sequebatur eum, et data est illi potestas super quatuor partes terræ, interficere gladio, fame, et morte, et bestiis terræ.
- Et cum aperuisset sigillum quintum, vidi subtus altare animas interfectorum propter verbum Dei, et propter testimonium, quod habebant :
- et clamabant voce magna, dicentes : Usquequo Domine (sanctus et verus), non judicas, et non vindicas sanguinem nostrum de iis qui habitant in terra ?
- Et datæ sunt illis singulæ stolæ albæ : et dictum est illis ut requiescerent adhuc tempus modicum donec compleantur conservi eorum, et fratres eorum, qui interficiendi sunt sicut et illi.
- Et vidi cum aperuisset sigillum sextum : et ecce terræmotus magnus factus est, et sol factus est niger tamquam saccus cilicinus : et luna tota facta est sicut sanguis :
- et stellæ de cælo ceciderunt super terram, sicut ficus emittit grossos suos cum a vento magno movetur :
- et cælum recessit sicut liber involutus : et omnis mons, et insulæ de locis suis motæ sunt :
- et reges terræ, et principes, et tribuni, et divites, et fortes, et omnis servus, et liber absconderunt se in speluncis, et in petris montium :
- et dicunt montibus, et petris : Cadite super nos, et abscondite nos a facie sedentis super thronum, et ab ira Agni :
- quoniam venit dies magnus iræ ipsorum : et quis poterit stare ?
|Revelation 6 Text (KJV)
- And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
- And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
- And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
- And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
- And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
- And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
- And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
- And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
- And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
- And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
- And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
- And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
- And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
- And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
- And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
- And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
- For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?