|Revelation 8 - Versions
|Revelation 8 Text (WEB)
- When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
- I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
- Another angel came and stood over the altar, having a golden censer. Much incense was given to him, that he should add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne.
- The smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel's hand.
- The angel took the censer, and he filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it on the earth. There followed thunders, sounds, lightnings, and an earthquake.
- The seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
- The first sounded, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. One third of the earth was burnt up, and one third of the trees were burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
- The second angel sounded, and something like a great burning mountain was thrown into the sea. One third of the sea became blood,
- and one third of the living creatures which were in the sea died. One third of the ships were destroyed.
- The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from the sky, burning like a torch, and it fell on one third of the rivers, and on the springs of the waters.
- The name of the star is called "Wormwood." One third of the waters became wormwood. Many people died from the waters, because they were made bitter.
- The fourth angel sounded, and one third of the sun was struck, and one third of the moon, and one third of the stars; so that one third of them would be darkened, and the day wouldn't shine for one third of it, and the night in the same way.
- I saw, and I heard an eagle, flying in mid heaven, saying with a loud voice, "Woe! Woe! Woe for those who dwell on the earth, because of the other voices of the trumpets of the three angels, who are yet to sound!"
|Revelation 8 Text (Hebrew)
וכפתחו החותם השביעי ותהי דממה בשמים כחצי שעה׃
וארא את שבעת המלאכים אשר עמדו לפני האלהים וינתנו להם שבעה שופרות׃
ויבא מלאך אחר ויגש אל המזבח ומחתת זהב בידו ותנתן לו קטרת הרבה לתתה עם תפלות כל הקדשים על מזבח הזהב אשר לפני הכסא׃
ויעל עשן הקטרת עם תפלות הקדשים מיד המלאך לפני אלהים׃
ויקח המלאך את המחתה וימלאה אש מעל המזבח וישלך על הארץ ויהי קולות ורעמים וברקים ורעש׃
ושבעה המלאכים ההם אשר בידם שבעת השופרות התעתדו לתקע׃
והמלאך הראשון תקע בשופר ויהי ברד ואש בלולים בדם ותשלך ארצה ותשרף שלישית העץ וכל ירק עשב נשרף׃
והמלאך השני תקע בשופר והנה כדמות הר גדול בער באש השלך אל תוך הים ותהי שלישית הים לדם׃
ותמת שלישית כל נפש חיה אשר בים ושלישית האניות נשחתה׃
והמלאך השלישי תקע בשופר ויפל מן השמים כוכב גדול בער כלפיד ויפל על שלישית הנהרות ועל מעינות המים׃
ושם הכוכב נקרא לענה ותהי שלישית המים ללענה ורבים מבני אדם מתו מן המים כי מרים היו׃
והמלאך הרביעי תקע בשופר ותכה שלישית השמש ושלישית הירח ושלישית הכוכבים למען תחשך שלישיתם והיום לא יאיר שלישיתו וכן גם הלילה׃
וארא ואשמע מלאך אחד מעופף במרום הרקיע הקורא בקול גדול אוי אוי אוי לישבי הארץ משאר קלות שופר שלשת המלאכים העתידים לתקע׃
|Revelation 8 Text (Latin)
- Et cum aperuisset sigillum septimum, factum est silentium in cælo, quasi media hora.
- Et vidi septem angelos stantes in conspectu Dei : et datæ sunt illis septem tubæ.
- Et alius angelus venit, et stetit ante altare habens thuribulum aureum : et data sunt illi incensa multa, ut daret de orationibus sanctorum omnium super altare aureum, quod est ante thronum Dei.
- Et ascendit fumus incensorum de orationibus sanctorum de manu angeli coram Deo.
- Et accepit angelus thuribulum, et implevit illud de igne altaris, et misit in terram : et facta sunt tonitrua, et voces, et fulgura, et terræmotus magnus.
- Et septem angeli, qui habebant septem tubas, præparaverunt se ut tuba canerent.
- Et primus angelus tuba cecinit, et facta est grando, et ignis, mista in sanguine, et missum est in terram, et tertia pars terræ combusta est, et tertia pars arborum concremata est, et omne fœnum viride combustum est.
- Et secundus angelus tuba cecinit : et tamquam mons magnus igne ardens missus est in mare, et facta est tertia pars maris sanguis,
- et mortua est tertia pars creaturæ eorum, quæ habebant animas in mari, et tertia pars navium interiit.
- Et tertius angelus tuba cecinit : et cecidit de cælo stella magna, ardens tamquam facula, et cecidit in tertiam partem fluminum, et in fontes aquarum :
- et nomen stellæ dicitur Absinthium, et facta est tertia pars aquarum in absinthium ; et multi hominum mortui sunt de aquis, quia amaræ factæ sunt.
- Et quartus angelus tuba cecinit : et percussa est tertia pars solis, et tertia pars lunæ, et tertia pars stellarum, ita ut obscuraretur tertia pars eorum, et diei non luceret pars tertia, et noctis similiter.
- Et vidi, et audivi vocem unius aquilæ volantis per medium cæli dicentis voce magna : Væ, væ, væ habitantibus in terra de ceteris vocibus trium angelorum, qui erant tuba canituri.
|Revelation 8 Text (KJV)
- And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
- And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
- And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
- And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
- And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
- And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
- The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
- And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
- And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
- And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
- And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
- And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
- And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!