It says "write it in the Atheism section", but it looks like it must've been scoured clear, there's nothing here.
The definition given is plain wrong. There are atheistic religions (notably Buddhism).
Obviously I wouldn't expect a Christian encyclopedia to go into much depth here but I would expect
- history of atheism - arguments for atheism - arguments against atheism - some discussion of official church attitudes to atheism and atheists (do they go to hell?)
Exile 08:51, 1 Feb 2005 (PST)
Well then Exile, go ahead and write something about those topics. All of the topics you've mentioned sound worthwhile - but they'll only get there if someone sits down and does some writing (and hopefully research too).
Thanks. Will do. To declare an interest - I am an atheist but will be as objective as I can!
Exile 08:45, 2 Feb 2005 (PST)
Atheist_Debater I am a new user, and I came across the atheism article on this site and found it to be quite lacking. I will be focusing on the arguments for and against this position. So far I modified the definition, changed the external links section (conservapedia is not a site anyone should be referred to for educational purposes) and added one argument in favor of atheism, by an actual atheist, not someone straw-manning an argument. I hope to do more soon.
Reverting recent edits
I reverted two edits by User:Daniel on 12 Jan for the follwoing reasons:
- I don't think the added ideas were valuable, although perhaps the point about intelligent design could be rewritten in the prior section as a reason against atheism.
- The text was poorly written
- I don't think there is such a thing as a "metheologist". If there is, please give some reference to back up the term.
- Don't know why "Daniel" was added as a quote.
Matt 11:16, 13 January 2010 (PST)