|Zechariah 10 - Versions
|Zechariah 10 Text (WEB)
- Ask of Yahweh rain in the spring time, Yahweh who makes storm clouds, and he gives rain showers to everyone for the plants in the field.
- For the teraphim have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie; and they have told false dreams. They comfort in vain. Therefore they go their way like sheep. They are oppressed, because there is no shepherd.
- My anger is kindled against the shepherds, and I will punish the male goats; For Yahweh of Armies has visited his flock, the house of Judah, and will make them as his majestic horse in the battle.
- From him will come forth the cornerstone, from him the nail, from him the battle bow, from him every ruler together.
- They shall be as mighty men, treading down muddy streets in the battle; and they shall fight, because Yahweh is with them; and the riders on horses will be confounded.
- "I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them back; for I have mercy on them; and they will be as though I had not cast them off: for I am Yahweh their God, and I will hear them.
- Ephraim will be like a mighty man, and their heart will rejoice as through wine; yes, their children will see it, and rejoice. Their heart will be glad in Yahweh.
- I will signal for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them; and they will increase as they have increased.
- I will sow them among the peoples; and they will remember me in far countries; and they will live with their children, and will return.
- I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria; and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon; and there won't be room enough for them.
- He will pass through the sea of affliction, and will strike the waves in the sea, and all the depths of the Nile will dry up; and the pride of Assyria will be brought down, and the scepter of Egypt will depart.
- I will strengthen them in Yahweh; and they will walk up and down in his name," says Yahweh.
|Zechariah 10 Text (Hebrew)
- שאלו מיהוה מטר בעת מלקוש יהוה עשה חזיזים ומטר־גשם יתן להם לאיש עשב בשדה׃
- כי התרפים דברו־און והקוסמים חזו שקר וחלמות השוא ידברו הבל ינחמון על־כן נסעו כמו־צאן יענו כי־אין רעה׃ ף
- על־הרעים חרה אפי ועל־העתודים אפקוד כי־פקד יהוה צבאות את־עדרו את־בית יהודה ושם אותם כסוס הודו במלחמה׃
- ממנו פנה ממנו יתד ממנו קשת מלחמה ממנו יצא כל־נוגש יחדו׃
- והיו כגברים בוסים בטיט חוצות במלחמה ונלחמו כי יהוה עםם והבישו רכבי סוסים׃
- וגברתי את־בית יהודה ואת־בית יוסף אושיע והושבותים כי רחמתים והיו כאשר לא־זנחתים כי אני יהוה אלהיהם ואענם׃
- והיו כגבור אפרים ושמח לבם כמו־יין ובניהם יראו ושמחו יגל לבם ביהוה׃
- אשרקה להם ואקבצם כי פדיתים ורבו כמו רבו׃
- ואזרעם בעמים ובמרחקים יזכרוני וחיו את־בניהם ושבו׃
- והשיבותים מארץ מצרים ומאשור אקבצם ואל־ארץ גלעד ולבנון אביאם ולא ימצא להם׃
- ועבר בים צרה והכה בים גלים והבישו כל מצולות יאר והורד גאון אשור ושבט מצרים יסור׃
- וגברתים ביהוה ובשמו יתהלכו נאם יהוה׃ ס
|Zechariah 10 Text (Latin)
- Petite a Domino pluviam in tempore serotino, et Dominus faciet nives : et pluviam imbris dabit eis, singulis herbam in agro.
- Quia simulacra locuta sunt inutile, et divini viderunt mendacium : et somniatores locuti sunt frustra, vane consolabantur : idcirco abducti sunt quasi grex : affligentur, quia non est eis pastor.
- Super pastores iratus est furor meus, et super hircos visitabo : quia visitavit Dominus exercituum gregem suum, domum Juda, et posuit eos quasi equum gloriæ suæ in bello.
- Ex ipso angelus, ex ipso paxillas, ex ipso arcus prælii, ex ipso egredietur omnis exactor simul.
- Et erunt quasi fortes conculcantes lutum viarum in prælio, et bellabunt, quia Dominus cum eis : et confundentur ascensores equorum.
- Et confortabo domum Juda, et domum Joseph salvabo : et convertam eos, quia miserebor eorum : et erunt sicut fuerunt quando non projeceram eos : ego enim Dominus Deus eorum, et exaudiam eos.
- Et erunt quasi fortes Ephraim, et lætabitur cor eorum quasi a vino : et filii eorum videbunt, et lætabuntur, et exsultabit cor eorum in Domino.
- Sibilabo eis, et congregabo illos, quia redemi eos : et multiplicabo eos sicut ante fuerant multiplicati.
- Et seminabo eos in populis, et de longe recordabuntur mei : et vivent cum filiis suis, et revertentur.
- Et reducam eos de terra Ægypti, et de Assyriis congregabo eos, et ad terram Galaad et Libani adducam eos, et non invenietur eis locus :
- et transibit in maris freto, et percutiet in mari fluctus, et confundentur omnia profunda fluminis : et humiliabitur superbia Assur, et sceptrum Ægypti recedet.
- Confortabo eos in Domino, et in nomine ejus ambulabunt, dicit Dominus.
|Zechariah 10 Text (KJV)
- Ask ye of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; so the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.
- For the idols have spoken vanity, and the diviners have seen a lie, and have told false dreams; they comfort in vain: therefore they went their way as a flock, they were troubled, because there was no shepherd.
- Mine anger was kindled against the shepherds, and I punished the goats: for the LORD of hosts hath visited his flock the house of Judah, and hath made them as his goodly horse in the battle.
- Out of him came forth the corner, out of him the nail, out of him the battle bow, out of him every oppressor together.
- And they shall be as mighty men, which tread down their enemies in the mire of the streets in the battle: and they shall fight, because the LORD is with them, and the riders on horses shall be confounded.
- And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I am the LORD their God, and will hear them.
- And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the LORD.
- I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased.
- And I will sow them among the people: and they shall remember me in far countries; and they shall live with their children, and turn again.
- I will bring them again also out of the land of Egypt, and gather them out of Assyria; and I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Labanon; and place shall not be found for them.
- And he shall pass through the sea with affliction, and shall smite the waves in the sea, and all the deeps of the river shall dry up: and the pride of Assyria shall be brought down, and the sceptre of Egypt shall depart away.
- And I will strengthen them in the LORD; and they shall walk up and down in his name, saith the LORD.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Zechariah