|Matthew 28 - Versions
|Matthew 28 Text (WEB)
- Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.
- Behold, there was a great earthquake, for an angel of the Lord descended from the sky, and came and rolled away the stone from the door, and sat on it.
- His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow.
- For fear of him, the guards shook, and became like dead men.
- The angel answered the women, "Don't be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus, who has been crucified.
- He is not here, for he has risen, just like he said. Come, see the place where the Lord was lying.
- Go quickly and tell his disciples, 'He has risen from the dead, and behold, he goes before you into Galilee; there you will see him.' Behold, I have told you."
- They departed quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to bring his disciples word.
- As they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" They came and took hold of his feet, and worshiped him.
- Then Jesus said to them, "Don't be afraid. Go tell my brothers that they should go into Galilee, and there they will see me."
- Now while they were going, behold, some of the guards came into the city, and told the chief priests all the things that had happened.
- When they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave a large amount of silver to the soldiers,
- saying, "Say that his disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
- If this comes to the governor's ears, we will persuade him and make you free of worry."
- So they took the money and did as they were told. This saying was spread abroad among the Jews, and continues until this day.
- But the eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had sent them.
- When they saw him, they bowed down to him, but some doubted.
- Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.
- Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
- teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
|Matthew 28 Text (Hebrew)
ואחרי מוצאי השבת כשהאיר לאחד בשבת באה מרים המגדלית ומרים האחרת לראות את הקבר׃
והנה רעש גדול היה כי מלאך יהוה ירד מן השמים ויגש ויגל את האבן מן הפתח וישב עליה׃
ויהי מראהו כברק ולבושו לבן כשלג׃
ומפחדו נבהלו השמרים ויהיו כמתים׃
ויען המלאך ויאמר אל הנשים אתן אל תיראן הן ידעתי כי את ישוע הנצלב אתן מבקשות׃
איננו פה כי קם כאשר אמר באנה ראינה את המקום אשר שכב שם האדון׃
ומהרתן ללכת ואמרתן אל תלמידיו כי קם מן המתים והנה הוא הולך לפניכם הגלילה ושם תראהו הנה אמרתי לכן׃
ותמהרנה לצאת מן הקבר ביראה ובשמחה גדולה ותרצנה להגיד לתלמידיו׃
הנה הלכות להגיד לתלמידיו והנה ישוע נקרה אליהן ויאמר שלום לכן ותגשנה ותאחזנה ברגליו ותשתחוין לו׃
ויאמר אליהן ישוע אל תיראן לכנה והגדן לאחי וילכו הגלילה ושם יראוני׃
ויהי בלכתן והנה אנשים מן המשמר באו העירה ויגידו לראשי הכהנים את כל הנעשה׃
ויקהלו עם הזקנים ויתיעצו ויתנו כסף לרב אל אנשי הצבא לאמר׃
אמרו כי באו תלמידיו לילה ויגנבו אותו בהיותנו ישנים׃
ואם ישמע הדבר לפני ההגמון אנחנו נפיסהו והייתם בלי פחד׃
ויקחו את הכסף ויעשו כאשר למדו ותצא השמועה הזאת בין היהודים עד היום הזה׃
ועשתי עשר התלמידים הלכו הגלילה אל ההר אשר צום ישוע׃
ויהי כראותם אתו וישתחוו לו ומקצתם נחלקו בלבם׃
ויגש ישוע וידבר אליהם לאמר נתן לי כל שלטן בשמים ובארץ׃
לכו ועשו לתלמידים את כל הגוים וטבלתם אתם לשם האב והבן ורוח הקדש׃
ולמדתם אתם לשמר את כל אשר צויתי אתכם והנה אנכי אתכם כל הימים עד קץ העולם אמן׃
|Matthew 28 Text (Latin)
- Vespere autem sabbati, quæ lucescit in prima sabbati, venit Maria Magdalene, et altera Maria, videre sepulchrum.
- Et ecce terræmotus factus est magnus. Angelus enim Domini descendit de cælo : et accedens revolvit lapidem, et sedebat super eum :
- erat autem aspectus ejus sicut fulgur : et vestimentum ejus sicut nix.
- Præ timore autem ejus exterriti sunt custodes, et facti sunt velut mortui.
- Respondens autem angelus dixit mulieribus : Nolite timere vos : scio enim, quod Jesum, qui crucifixus est, quæritis.
- Non est hic : surrexit enim, sicut dixit : venite, et videte locum ubi positus erat Dominus.
- Et cito euntes, dicite discipulis ejus quia surrexit : et ecce præcedit vos in Galilæam : ibi eum videbitis : ecce prædixi vobis.
- Et exierunt cito de monumento cum timore et gaudio magno, currentes nuntiare discipulis ejus.
- Et ecce Jesus occurrit illis, dicens : Avete. Illæ autem accesserunt, et tenuerunt pedes ejus, et adoraverunt eum.
- Tunc ait illis Jesus : Nolite timere : ite, nuntiare fratribus meis ut eant in Galilæam ; ibi me videbunt.
- Quæ cum abiissent, ecce quidam de custodibus venerunt in civitatem, et nuntiaverunt principibus sacerdotum omnia quæ facta fuerant.
- Et congregati cum senioribus consilio accepto, pecuniam copiosam dederunt militibus,
- dicentes : Dicite quia discipuli ejus nocte venerunt, et furati sunt eum, nobis dormientibus.
- Et si hoc auditum fuerit a præside, nos suadebimus ei, et securos vos faciemus.
- At illi, accepta pecunia, fecerunt sicut erant edocti. Et divulgatum est verbum istud apud Judæos, usque in hodiernum diem.
- Undecim autem discipuli abierunt in Galilæam in montem ubi consituerat illis Jesus.
- Et videntes eum adoraverunt : quidam autem dubitaverunt.
- Et accedens Jesus locutus est eis, dicens : Data est mihi omnis potestas in cælo et in terra :
- euntes ergo docete omnes gentes : baptizantes eos in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti :
- docentes eos servare omnia quæcumque mandavi vobis : et ecce ego vobiscum sum omnibus diebus, usque ad consummationem sæculi.
|Matthew 28 Text (KJV)
- In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
- And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
- His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
- And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
- And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
- He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
- And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
- And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
- Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
- Now when they were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done.
- And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers,
- Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
- And if this come to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you.
- So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.
- Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
- And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
- And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.