|Psalm 2 - Versions
|Psalm 2 Text (WEB)
- Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing?
- The kings of the earth take a stand, and the rulers take counsel together, against Yahweh, and against his Anointed, saying,
- "Let's break their bonds apart, and cast their cords from us."
- He who sits in the heavens will laugh. The Lord will have them in derision.
- Then he will speak to them in his anger, and terrify them in his wrath:
- "Yet I have set my King on my holy hill of Zion."
- I will tell of the decree. Yahweh said to me, "You are my son. Today I have become your father.
- Ask of me, and I will give the nations for your inheritance, the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession.
- You shall break them with a rod of iron. You shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."
- Now therefore be wise, you kings. Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
- Serve Yahweh with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- Give sincere homage to the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath will soon be kindled. Blessed are all those who take refuge in him. A Psalm by David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
|Psalm 2 Text (Hebrew)
- למה רגשו גוים ולאמים יהגו־ריק׃
- יתיצבו מלכי־ארץ ורוזנים נוסדו־יחד על־יהוה ועל־משיחו׃
- ננתקה את־מוסרותימו ונשליכה ממנו עבתימו׃
- יושב בשמים ישחק אדני ילעג־למו׃
- אז ידבר אלימו באפו ובחרונו יבהלמו׃
- ואני נסכתי מלכי על־ציון הר־קדשי׃
- אספרה אל חק יהוה אמר אלי בני אתה אני היום ילדתיך׃
- שאל ממני ואתנה גוים נחלתך ואחזתך אפסי־ארץ׃
- תרעם בשבט ברזל ככלי יוצר תנפצם׃
- ועתה מלכים השכילו הוסרו שפטי ארץ׃
- עבדו את־יהוה ביראה וגילו ברעדה׃
- נשקו־בר פן־יאנף ותאבדו דרך כי־יבער כמעט אפו אשרי כל־חוסי בו׃
|Psalm 2 Text (Latin)
- Quare fremuerunt gentes, et populi meditati sunt inania ?
- Astiterunt reges terræ, et principes convenerunt in unum adversus Dominum, et adversus Christum ejus.
- Dirumpamus vincula eorum, et projiciamus a nobis jugum ipsorum.
- Qui habitat in cælis irridebit eos, et Dominus subsannabit eos.
- Tunc loquetur ad eos in ira sua, et in furore suo conturbabit eos.
- Ego autem constitutus sum rex ab eo super Sion, montem sanctum ejus, prædicans præceptum ejus.
- Dominus dixit ad me : Filius meus es tu ; ego hodie genui te.
- Postula a me, et dabo tibi gentes hæreditatem tuam, et possessionem tuam terminos terræ.
- Reges eos in virga ferrea, et tamquam vas figuli confringes eos.
- Et nunc, reges, intelligite ; erudimini, qui judicatis terram.
- Servite Domino in timore, et exsultate ei cum tremore.
- Apprehendite disciplinam, nequando irascatur Dominus, et pereatis de via justa.
|Psalm 2 Text (KJV)
- Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
- The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
- Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
- He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
- Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
- Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
- I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
- Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
- Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
- Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
- Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This article is a stub. You can help WikiChristian by expanding it. For help please read the WikiChristian Tutorial and our writing guide.
Return to Christianity -> Bible -> Psalm