|Isaiah 10 - Versions
|Isaiah 10 Text (WEB)
- Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees, and to the writers who write oppressive decrees;
- to deprive the needy from justice, and to rob the poor among my people of their rights, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey!
- What will you do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which will come from afar? To whom will you flee for help? Where will you leave your wealth?
- They will only bow down under the prisoners, and will fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
- Alas Assyrian, the rod of my anger, the staff in whose hand is my indignation!
- I will send him against a profane nation, and against the people who anger me will I give him a command to take the spoil and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
- However he doesn't mean so, neither does his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy, and to cut off not a few nations.
- For he says, "Aren't all of my princes kings?
- Isn't Calno like Carchemish? Isn't Hamath like Arpad? Isn't Samaria like Damascus?"
- As my hand has found the kingdoms of the idols, whose engraved images exceeded those of Jerusalem and of Samaria;
- shall I not, as I have done to Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?
- Therefore it will happen that, when the Lord has performed his whole work on Mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the willful proud heart of the king of Assyria, and the insolence of his haughty looks.
- For he has said, "By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I have understanding: and I have removed the boundaries of the peoples, and have robbed their treasures. Like a valiant man I have brought down their rulers.
- My hand has found the riches of the peoples like a nest, and like one gathers eggs that are abandoned, have I gathered all the earth. There was no one who moved their wing, or that opened their mouth, or chirped."
- Should an axe brag against him who chops with it? Should a saw exalt itself above him who saws with it? As if a rod should lift those who lift it up, or as if a staff should lift up someone who is not wood.
- Therefore the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, will send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory a burning will be kindled like the burning of fire.
- The light of Israel will be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame; and it will burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day.
- He will consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body. It will be as when a standard bearer faints.
- The remnant of the trees of his forest shall be few, so that a child could write their number.
- It will come to pass in that day that the remnant of Israel, and those who have escaped from the house of Jacob will no more again lean on him who struck them, but shall lean on Yahweh, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
- A remnant will return, even the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God.
- For though your people, Israel, are like the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will return. A destruction is determined, overflowing with righteousness.
- For the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, will make a full end, and that determined, in the midst of all the earth.
- Therefore the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, says "My people who dwell in Zion, don't be afraid of the Assyrian, though he strike you with the rod, and lift up his staff against you, as Egypt did.
- For yet a very little while, and the indignation against you will be accomplished, and my anger will be directed to his destruction."
- Yahweh of Armies will stir up a scourge against him, as in the slaughter of Midian at the rock of Oreb. His rod will be over the sea, and he will lift it up like he did against Egypt.
- It will happen in that day, that his burden will depart from off your shoulder, and his yoke from off your neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing oil.
- He has come to Aiath. He has passed through Migron. At Michmash he stores his baggage.
- They have gone over the pass. They have taken up their lodging at Geba. Ramah trembles. Gibeah of Saul has fled.
- Cry aloud with your voice, daughter of Gallim! Listen, Laishah! You poor Anathoth!
- Madmenah is a fugitive. The inhabitants of Gebim flee for safety.
- This very day he will halt at Nob. He shakes his hand at the mountain of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.
- Behold, the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, will lop the boughs with terror. The tall will be cut down, and the lofty will be brought low.
- He will cut down the thickets of the forest with iron, and Lebanon will fall by the Mighty One.
|Isaiah 10 Text (Hebrew)
- הוי החקקים חקקי־און ומכתבים עמל כתבו׃
- להטות מדין דלים ולגזל משפט עניי עמי להיות אלמנות שללם ואת־יתומים יבזו׃
- ומה־תעשו ליום פקדה ולשואה ממרחק תבוא על־מי תנוסו לעזרה ואנה תעזבו כבודכם׃
- בלתי כרע תחת אסיר ותחת הרוגים יפלו בכל־זאת לא־שב אפו ועוד ידו נטויה׃ ס
- הוי אשור שבט אפי ומטה־הוא בידם זעמי׃
- בגוי חנף אשלחנו ועל־עם עברתי אצונו לשלל שלל ולבז בז מרמס כחמר חוצות׃
- והוא לא־כן ידמה ולבבו לא־כן יחשב כי להשמיד בלבבו ולהכרית גוים לא מעט׃
- כי יאמר הלא שרי יחדו מלכים׃
- הלא ככרכמיש כלנו אם־לא כארפד חמת אם־לא כדמשק שמרון׃
- כאשר מצאה ידי לממלכת האליל ופסיליהם מירושלם ומשמרון׃
- הלא כאשר עשיתי לשמרון ולאליליה כן אעשה לירושלם ולעצביה׃ ס
- והיה כי־יבצע אדני את־כל־מעשהו בהר ציון ובירושלם אפקד על־פרי־גדל לבב מלך־אשור ועל־תפארת רום עיניו׃
- כי אמר בכח ידי עשיתי ובחכמתי כי נבנותי ואסיר גבולת עמים שושתי ואוריד כאביר יושבים׃
- ותמצא כקן ידי לחיל העמים וכאסף ביצים עזבות כל־הארץ אני אספתי ולא היה נדד כנף ופצה פה ומצפצף׃
- היתפאר הגרזן על החצב בו אם־יתגדל המשור על־מניפו כהניף שבט ואת־מרימיו כהרים מטה לא־עץ׃
- לכן ישלח האדון יהוה צבאות במשמניו רזון ותחת כבדו יקד יקד כיקוד אש׃
- והיה אור־ישראל לאש וקדושו ללהבה ובערה ואכלה שיתו ושמירו ביום אחד׃
- וכבוד יערו וכרמלו מנפש ועד־בשר יכלה והיה כמסס נסס׃
- ושאר עץ יערו מספר יהיו ונער יכתבם׃ ף
- והיה ביום ההוא לא־יוסיף עוד שאר ישראל ופליטת בית־יעקב להשען על־מכהו ונשען על־יהוה קדוש ישראל באמת׃
- שאר ישוב שאר יעקב אל־אל גבור׃
- כי אם־יהיה עמך ישראל כחול הים שאר ישוב בו כליון חרוץ שוטף צדקה׃
- כי כלה ונחרצה אדני יהוה צבאות עשה בקרב כל־הארץ׃ ס
- לכן כה־אמר אדני יהוה צבאות אל־תירא עמי ישב ציון מאשור בשבט יככה ומטהו ישא־עליך בדרך מצרים׃
- כי־עוד מעט מזער וכלה זעם ואפי על־תבליתם׃
- ועורר עליו יהוה צבאות שוט כמכת מדין בצור עורב ומטהו על־הים ונשאו בדרך מצרים׃
- והיה ביום ההוא יסור סבלו מעל שכמך ועלו מעל צוארך וחבל על מפני־שמן׃
- בא על־עית עבר במגרון למכמש יפקיד כליו׃
- עברו מעברה גבע מלון לנו חרדה הרמה גבעת שאול נסה׃
- צהלי קולך בת־גלים הקשיבי לישה עניה ענתות׃
- נדדה מדמנה ישבי הגבים העיזו׃
- עוד היום בנב לעמד ינףף ידו הר ־ציון גבעת ירושלם׃ ס
- הנה האדון יהוה צבאות מסעף פארה במערצה ורמי הקומה גדועים והגבהים ישפלו׃
- ונקף סבכי היער בברזל והלבנון באדיר יפול׃ ס
|Isaiah 10 Text (Latin)
- Væ qui condunt leges iniquas, et scribentes injustitiam scripserunt,
- ut opprimerent in judicio pauperes, et vim facerent causæ humilium populi mei ; ut essent viduæ præda eorum, et pupillos diriperent.
- Quid facietis in die visitationis, et calamitatis de longe venientis ? ad cujus confugietis auxilium ? et ubi derelinquetis gloriam vestram,
- ne incurvemini sub vinculo, et cum interfectis cadatis ? Super omnibus his non est aversus furor ejus, sed adhuc manus ejus extenta.
- Væ Assur ! virga furoris mei et baculus ipse est ; in manu eorum indignatio mea.
- Ad gentem fallacem mittam eum, et contra populum furoris mei mandabo illi, ut auferat spolia, et diripiat prædam, et ponat illum in conculcationem quasi lutum platearum.
- Ipse autem non sic arbitrabitur, et cor ejus non ita existimabit ; sed ad conterendum erit cor ejus, et ad internecionem gentium non paucarum.
- Dicet enim :
- Numquid non principes mei simul reges sunt ? numquid non ut Charcamis, sic Calano ? et ut Arphad, sic Emath ? numquid non ut Damascus, sic Samaria ?
- Quomodo invenit manus mea regna idoli, sic et simulacra eorum de Jerusalem et de Samaria.
- Numquid non sicut feci Samariæ et idolis ejus, sic faciam Jerusalem et simulacris ejus ?
- Et erit, cum impleverit Dominus cuncta opera sua in monte Sion et in Jerusalem, visitabo super fructum magnifici cordis regis Assur, et super gloriam altitudinis oculorum ejus.
- Dixit enim : In fortitudine manus meæ feci, et in sapientia mea intellexi ; et abstuli terminos populorum, et principes eorum deprædatus sum, et detraxi quasi potens in sublimi residentes.
- Et invenit quasi nidum manus mea fortitudinem populorum ; et sicut colliguntur ova quæ derelicta sunt, sic universam terram ego congregavi ; et non fuit qui moveret pennam, et aperiret os, et ganniret.
- Numquid gloriabitur securis contra eum qui secat in ea ? aut exaltabitur serra contra eum a quo trahitur ? Quomodo si elevetur virga contra elevantem se, et exaltetur baculus, qui utique lignum est.
- Propter hoc mittet Dominator, Dominus exercituum, in pinguibus ejus tenuitatem ; et subtus gloriam ejus succensa ardebit quasi combustio ignis.
- Et erit lumen Israël in igne, et Sanctus ejus in flamma ; et succendetur, et devorabitur spina ejus et vepres in die una.
- Et gloria saltus ejus, et carmeli ejus, ab anima usque ad carnem consumetur ; et erit terrore profugus.
- Et reliquiæ ligni saltus ejus præ paucitate numerabuntur, et puer scribet eos.
- Et erit in die illa : non adjiciet residuum Israël, et hi qui fugerint de domo Jacob, inniti super eo qui percutit eos ; sed innitetur super Dominum, Sanctum Israël, in veritate.
- Reliquiæ convertentur ; reliquiæ, inquam, Jacob ad Deum fortem.
- Si enim fuerit populus tuus, Israël, quasi arena maris, reliquiæ convertentur ex eo ; consummatio abbreviata inundabit justitiam.
- Consummationem enim et abbreviationem Dominus Deus exercituum faciet in medio omnis terræ.
- Propter hoc, hæc dicit Dominus Deus exercituum : Noli timere, populus meus, habitator Sion, ab Assur : in virga percutiet te, et baculum suum levabit super te, in via Ægypti.
- Adhuc enim paululum modicumque, et consummabitur indignatio et furor meus super scelus eorum.
- Et suscitabit super eum Dominus exercituum flagellum, juxta plagam Madian in petra Oreb : et virgam suam super mare, et levabit eam in via Ægypti.
- Et erit in die illa : auferetur onus ejus de humero tuo et jugum ejus de collo tuo, et computrescet jugum a facie olei.
- Veniet in Aiath, transibit in Magron, apud Machmas commendabit vasa sua.
- Transierunt cursim, Gaba sedes nostra ; obstupuit Rama, Gabaath Saulis fugit.
- Hinni voce tua, filia Gallim, attende Laisa, paupercula Anathoth.
- Migravit Medemena ; habitatores Gabim, confortamini.
- Adhuc dies est ut in Nobe stetur ; agitabit manum suam super montem filiæ Sion, collem Jerusalem.
- Ecce Dominator, Dominus exercituum, confringet lagunculam in terrore ; et excelsi statura succidentur, et sublimes humiliabuntur.
- Et subvertentur condensa saltus ferro ; et Libanus cum excelsis cadet.
|Isaiah 10 Text (KJV)
- Woe unto them that decree unrighteous decrees, and that write grievousness which they have prescribed;
- To turn aside the needy from judgment, and to take away the right from the poor of my people, that widows may be their prey, and that they may rob the fatherless!
- And what will ye do in the day of visitation, and in the desolation which shall come from far? to whom will ye flee for help? and where will ye leave your glory?
- Without me they shall bow down under the prisoners, and they shall fall under the slain. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
- O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
- I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
- Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few.
- For he saith, Are not my princes altogether kings?
- Is not Calno as Carchemish? is not Hamath as Arpad? is not Samaria as Damascus?
- As my hand hath found the kingdoms of the idols, and whose graven images did excel them of Jerusalem and of Samaria;
- Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?
- Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.
- For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:
- And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.
- Shall the axe boast itself against him that heweth therewith? or shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? as if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were no wood.
- Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.
- And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;
- And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standardbearer fainteth.
- And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.
- The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.
- For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness.
- For the Lord GOD of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.
- For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction.
- And the LORD of hosts shall stir up a scourge for him according to the slaughter of Midian at the rock of Oreb: and as his rod was upon the sea, so shall he lift it up after the manner of Egypt.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.
- He is come to Aiath, he is passed to Migron; at Michmash he hath laid up his carriages:
- They are gone over the passage: they have taken up their lodging at Geba; Ramah is afraid; Gibeah of Saul is fled.
- Lift up thy voice, O daughter of Gallim: cause it to be heard unto Laish, O poor Anathoth.
- Madmenah is removed; the inhabitants of Gebim gather themselves to flee.
- As yet shall he remain at Nob that day: he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.
- Behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, shall lop the bough with terror: and the high ones of stature shall be hewn down, and the haughty shall be humbled.
- And he shall cut down the thickets of the forest with iron, and Lebanon shall fall by a mighty one.