|Luke 24 - Versions
|Luke 24 Text (WEB)
- But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they and some others came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared.
- They found the stone rolled away from the tomb.
- They entered in, and didn't find the Lord Jesus' body.
- It happened, while they were greatly perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling clothing.
- Becoming terrified, they bowed their faces down to the earth. They said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead?
- He isn't here, but is risen. Remember what he told you when he was still in Galilee,
- saying that the Son of Man must be delivered up into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again?"
- They remembered his words,
- returned from the tomb, and told all these things to the eleven, and to all the rest.
- Now they were Mary Magdalene, Joanna, and Mary the mother of James. The other women with them told these things to the apostles.
- These words seemed to them to be nonsense, and they didn't believe them.
- But Peter got up and ran to the tomb. Stooping and looking in, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he departed to his home, wondering what had happened.
- Behold, two of them were going that very day to a village named Emmaus, which was sixty stadia from Jerusalem.
- They talked with each other about all of these things which had happened.
- It happened, while they talked and questioned together, that Jesus himself came near, and went with them.
- But their eyes were kept from recognizing him.
- He said to them, "What are you talking about as you walk, and are sad?"
- One of them, named Cleopas, answered him, "Are you the only stranger in Jerusalem who doesn't know the things which have happened there in these days?"
- He said to them, "What things?" They said to him, "The things concerning Jesus, the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people;
- and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him up to be condemned to death, and crucified him.
- But we were hoping that it was he who would redeem Israel. Yes, and besides all this, it is now the third day since these things happened.
- Also, certain women of our company amazed us, having arrived early at the tomb;
- and when they didn't find his body, they came saying that they had also seen a vision of angels, who said that he was alive.
- Some of us went to the tomb, and found it just like the women had said, but they didn't see him."
- He said to them, "Foolish men, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
- Didn't the Christ have to suffer these things and to enter into his glory?"
- Beginning from Moses and from all the prophets, he explained to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
- They drew near to the village, where they were going, and he acted like he would go further.
- They urged him, saying, "Stay with us, for it is almost evening, and the day is almost over." He went in to stay with them.
- It happened, that when he had sat down at the table with them, he took the bread and gave thanks. Breaking it, he gave to them.
- Their eyes were opened, and they recognized him, and he vanished out of their sight.
- They said one to another, "Weren't our hearts burning within us, while he spoke to us along the way, and while he opened the Scriptures to us?"
- They rose up that very hour, returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and those who were with them,
- saying, "The Lord is risen indeed, and has appeared to Simon!"
- They related the things that happened along the way, and how he was recognized by them in the breaking of the bread.
- As they said these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, "Peace be to you."
- But they were terrified and filled with fear, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
- He said to them, "Why are you troubled? Why do doubts arise in your hearts?
- See my hands and my feet, that it is truly me. Touch me and see, for a spirit doesn't have flesh and bones, as you see that I have."
- When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.
- While they still didn't believe for joy, and wondered, he said to them, "Do you have anything here to eat?"
- They gave him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb.
- He took them, and ate in front of them.
- He said to them, "This is what I told you, while I was still with you, that all things which are written in the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms, concerning me must be fulfilled."
- Then he opened their minds, that they might understand the Scriptures.
- He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
- and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
- You are witnesses of these things.
- Behold, I send forth the promise of my Father on you. But wait in the city of Jerusalem until you are clothed with power from on high."
- He led them out as far as Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
- It happened, while he blessed them, that he withdrew from them, and was carried up into heaven.
- They worshiped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
- and were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.
|Luke 24 Text (Hebrew)
- ובאחד בשבת לפני עלות השחר באו אל הקבר ותביאינה את הסמים אשר הכינו ועמהן עוד אחרות׃
- וימצאו את האבן גלולה מן הקבר׃
- ותבאנה פנימה ולא מצאו את גוית האדון ישוע׃
- ויהי הנה נבכות על הדבר הזה והנה שני אנשים עמדו עליהן ולבושיהם מזהירים׃
- ויפל פחד עליהן ותקדנה אפים ארצה ויאמרו אליהן מה תבקשנה את החי אצל המתים׃
- איננו פה כי קם זכרנה את אשר דבר אליכן בעוד היותו בגליל לאמר׃
- כי צריך בן האדם להמסר לידי אנשים חטאים ולהצלב וביום השלישי קום יקום׃
- ותזכרנה את דבריו׃
- ותשבנה מן הקבר ותגדנה את כל הדברים האלה לעשתי העשר ולכל האחרים׃
- ומרים המגדלית ויוחנה ומרים אם יעקב והאחרות אשר עמהן הנה היו המדברות אל השליחים את הדברים האלה׃
- ויהיו דבריהן כדברי ריק בעיניהם ולא האמינו להן׃
- ופטרוס קם וירץ אל הקבר וישקף ולא ראה כי אם התכריכים מנחים שם וישב למקומו משתומם על הנהיה׃
- והנה שנים מהם היו הלכים בעצם היום הזה אל כפר הרחק מירושלים כששים ריס ושמו עמאוס׃
- והם נדברו איש אל רעהו על כל הקרות האלה׃
- ויהי בדברם ובהתוכחם יחד ויגש ישוע אף הוא וילך אתם׃
- ועיניהם נאחזו ולא יכירהו׃
- ויאמר אליהם מה המה הדברים האלה אשר אתם נשאים ונתנים בהם יחדו בדרך ופניכם זעפים׃
- ויען האחד אשר שמו קליופס ויאמר אליו האתה לבדך גר בירושלים ואינך ידע את הקרת בה בימים האלה׃
- ויאמר אליהם ומה המה ויגידו אליו מעשה ישוע הנצרי אשר היה איש נביא גבור בפעל ובאמר לפני האלהים ולפני כל העם׃
- ואת אשר כהנינו הגדולים וזקנינו הסגירהו למשפט מות ויצלבהו׃
- ואנחנו חכינו כי הוא העתיד לגאל את ישראל ועתה בכל זאת היום יום שלישי מאז נעשו אלה׃
- והנה גם נשים מקרבנו החרידנו אשר קדמו בבקר לבא לקבר׃
- ולא מצאו את גויתו ותבאנה ותאמרנה כי ראו גם מראה מלאכים האמרים כי הוא חי׃
- וילכו אנשים משלנו אל הקבר וימצאו כאשר אמרו הנשים ואותו לא ראו׃
- ויאמר אליהם הוי חסרי דעת וכבדי לב מהאמין בכל אשר דברו הנביאים׃
- הלא על המשיח היה לסבל את כל זאת ולבוא אל כבודו׃
- ויחל ממשה ומכל הנביאים ויבאר להם את כל הכתובים הנאמרים עליו׃
- ויקרבו אל הכפר אשר הם הלכים שמה וישם פניו כהלך לו לדרכו׃
- ויפצרו בו לאמר שבה אתנו כי עת ערב הגיע ונטה היום ויבא הביתה לשבת אתם׃
- ויהי כאשר הסב עמהם ויקח את הלחם ויברך ויבצע ויתן להם׃
- ותפקחנה עיניהם ויכירהו והוא חמק עבר מעיניהם׃
- ויאמרו איש אל רעהו הלא היה בער לבבנו בקרבנו בדברו אלינו בדרך ויפתח לנו את הכתובים׃
- ויקומו בשעה ההיא וישובו ירושלים וימצאו את עשתי העשר ואת אשר אתם נקהלים יחד׃
- האמרים אכן קם האדון מן המתים ונראה אל שמעון׃
- ויספרו גם הם את אשר נעשה להם בדרך ואיך הכירהו בבציעת הלחם׃
- עודם מדברים כדברים האלה והוא ישוע עמד בתוכם ויאמר אליהם שלום לכם׃
- והמה חתו ונבעתו ויחשבו כי רוח ראו׃
- ויאמר אליהם מה זה אתם נבהלים ועל מה זה מחשבות עלות בלבבכם׃
- ראו את ידי ואת רגלי כי אנכי הוא משוני וראו כי רוח אין לו בשר ועצמות כאשר אתם ראים שיש לי׃
- ואחרי אמרו את זאת הראה אתם את ידיו ואת רגליו׃
- והם עוד לא האמינו משמחה ותמהו ויאמר אליהם היש לכם פה דבר אכל׃
- ויתנו לפניו חלק דג צלוי ומעט צוף דבש׃
- ויקח ויאכל לעיניהם׃
- ויאמר אליהם אלה הם הדברים אשר דברתי אליכם בעוד היותי עמכם כי המלא ימלא כל הכתוב עלי בתורת משה ובנביאים ובתהלים׃
- אז פתח את לבבם להבין את הכתובים׃
- ויאמר אליהם כן כתוב וכן נגזר אשר יענה המשיח ויקום מן המתים ביום השלישי׃
- ואשר תקרא בשמו תשובה וסליחת החטאים בכל הגוים החל מירושלים׃
- ואתם עדים בזאת׃
- והנני שולח עליכם את הבטחת אבי ואתם שבו בעיר ירושלים עד כי תלבשו עז ממרום׃
- ויוליכם מחוץ לעיר עד בית היני וישא את ידיו ויברכם׃
- ויהי בברכו אתם ויפרד מאתם וינשא השמימה׃
- והם השתחוו לו וישובו לירושלים בשמחה גדולה׃
- ויהיו תמיד במקדש מהללים ומברכים את האלהים אמן׃
|Luke 24 Text (Latin)
- Una autem sabbati valde diluculo venerunt ad monumentum, portantes quæ paraverant aromata :
- et invenerunt lapidem revolutum a monumento.
- Et ingressæ non invenerunt corpus Domini Jesu.
- Et factum est, dum mente consternatæ essent de isto, ecce duo viri steterunt secus illas in veste fulgenti.
- Cum timerent autem, et declinarent vultum in terram, dixerunt ad illas : Quid quæritis viventem cum mortuis ?
- non est hic, sed surrexit : recordamini qualiter locutus est vobis, cum adhuc in Galilæa esset,
- dicens : Quia oportet Filium hominis tradi in manus hominum peccatorum, et crucifigi, et die tertia resurgere.
- Et recordatæ sunt verborum ejus.
- Et regressæ a monumento nuntiaverunt hæc omnia illis undecim, et ceteris omnibus.
- Erat autem Maria Magdalene, et Joanna, et Maria Jacobi, et ceteræ quæ cum eis erant, quæ dicebant ad apostolos hæc.
- Et visa sunt ante illos sicut deliramentum verba ista, et non crediderunt illis.
- Petrus autem surgens cucurrit ad monumentum : et procumbens vidit linteamina sola posita, et abiit secum mirans quod factum fuerat.
- Et ecce duo ex illis ibant ipsa die in castellum, quod erat in spatio stadiorum sexaginta ab Jerusalem, nomine Emmaus.
- Et ipsi loquebantur ad invicem de his omnibus quæ acciderant.
- Et factum est, dum fabularentur, et secum quærerent : et ipse Jesus appropinquans ibat cum illis :
- oculi autem illorum tenebantur ne eum agnoscerent.
- Et ait ad illos : Qui sunt hi sermones, quos confertis ad invicem ambulantes, et estis tristes ?
- Et respondens unus, cui nomen Cleophas, dixit ei : Tu solus peregrinus es in Jerusalem, et non cognovisti quæ facta sunt in illa his diebus ?
- Quibus ille dixit : Quæ ? Et dixerunt : De Jesu Nazareno, qui fuit vir propheta, potens in opere et sermone coram Deo et omni populo :
- et quomodo eum tradiderunt summi sacerdotes et principes nostri in damnationem mortis, et crucifixerunt eum :
- nos autem sperabamus quia ipse esset redempturus Israël : et nunc super hæc omnia, tertia dies est hodie quod hæc facta sunt.
- Sed et mulieres quædam ex nostris terruerunt nos, quæ ante lucem fuerunt ad monumentum,
- et non invento corpore ejus, venerunt, dicentes se etiam visionem angelorum vidisse, qui dicunt eum vivere.
- Et abierunt quidam ex nostris ad monumentum : et ita invenerunt sicut mulieres dixerunt, ipsum vero non invenerunt.
- Et ipse dixit ad eos : O stulti, et tardi corde ad credendum in omnibus quæ locuti sunt prophetæ !
- Nonne hæc oportuit pati Christum, et ita intrare in gloriam suam ?
- Et incipiens a Moyse, et omnibus prophetis, interpretabatur illis in omnibus scripturis quæ de ipso erant.
- Et appropinquaverunt castello quo ibant : et ipse se finxit longius ire.
- Et coëgerunt illum, dicentes : Mane nobiscum, quoniam advesperascit, et inclinata est jam dies. Et intravit cum illis.
- Et factum est, dum recumberet cum eis, accepit panem, et benedixit, ac fregit, et porrigebat illis.
- Et aperti sunt oculi eorum, et cognoverunt eum : et ipse evanuit ex oculis eorum.
- Et dixerunt ad invicem : Nonne cor nostrum ardens erat in nobis dum loqueretur in via, et aperiret nobis Scripturas ?
- Et surgentes eadem hora regressi sunt in Jerusalem : et invenerunt congregatos undecim, et eos qui cum illis erant,
- dicentes : Quod surrexit Dominus vere, et apparuit Simoni.
- Et ipsi narrabant quæ gesta erant in via, et quomodo cognoverunt eum in fractione panis.
- Dum autem hæc loquuntur, stetit Jesus in medio eorum, et dicit eis : Pax vobis : ego sum, nolite timere.
- Conturbati vero et conterriti, existimabant se spiritum videre.
- Et dixit eis : Quid turbati estis, et cogitationes ascendunt in corda vestra ?
- videte manus meas, et pedes, quia ego ipse sum ; palpate et videte, quia spiritus carnem et ossa non habet, sicut me videtis habere.
- Et cum hoc dixisset, ostendit eis manus et pedes.
- Adhuc autem illis non credentibus, et mirantibus præ gaudio, dixit : Habetis hic aliquid quod manducetur ?
- At illi obtulerunt ei partem piscis assi et favum mellis.
- Et cum manducasset coram eis, sumens reliquias dedit eis.
- Et dixit ad eos : Hæc sunt verba quæ locutus sum ad vos cum adhuc essem vobiscum, quoniam necesse est impleri omnia quæ scripta sunt in lege Moysi, et prophetis, et Psalmis de me.
- Tunc aperuit illis sensum ut intelligerent Scripturas,
- et dixit eis : Quoniam sic scriptum est, et sic oportebat Christum pati, et resurgere a mortuis tertia die :
- et prædicari in nomine ejus pœnitentiam, et remissionem peccatorum in omnes gentes, incipientibus ab Jerosolyma.
- Vos autem testes estis horum.
- Et ego mitto promissum Patris mei in vos ; vos autem sedete in civitate, quoadusque induamini virtute ex alto.
- Eduxit autem eos foras in Bethaniam, et elevatis manibus suis benedixit eis.
- Et factum est, dum benediceret illis, recessit ab eis, et ferebatur in cælum.
- Et ipsi adorantes regressi sunt in Jerusalem cum gaudio magno :
- et erant semper in templo, laudantes et benedicentes Deum. Amen.
|Luke 24 Text (KJV)
- Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
- And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
- And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
- And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
- And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
- He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
- Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
- And they remembered his words,
- And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.
- It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.
- And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.
- Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.
- And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
- And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
- And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
- But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
- And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
- And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass therein these days?
- And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
- And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
- But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
- Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
- And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
- And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
- Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
- Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
- And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
- And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
- But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
- And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
- And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
- And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
- And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
- Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
- And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
- And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
- But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
- And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
- Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
- And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
- And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
- And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
- And he took it, and did eat before them.
- And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
- Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
- And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
- And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
- And ye are witnesses of these things.
- And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
- And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
- And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
- And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
- And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.