Daily Devotions - Commentary on The Entire Bible in 365 Days
The Bible has always been the most read books since they invented the printing press. Here is a 365 day Bible reading pland and commentary of the entire Bible organized according to the day of the calendar.
- 1 Today's Bible Commentary
- 2 One Year Bible Reading Plan and Commentary
- 2.1 Bible Commentary January : Genesis 1 - Leveticus 3
- 2.2 February Bible Commentary : Leveticus 4 - Deuteronomy 24
- 2.3 March Bible Commentary Devotional comments on Deuteronomy 25-I Samuel 29
- 2.4 April Bible Commentary : I Samuel 30 - I Chronicles 6
- 2.5 May Bible Commentary : I Chronicles 7 - Job 11
- 2.6 June Bible Commentary : Job 12 - Psalms 102
- 2.7 July Bible Commentary : Psalms 103 - Isaiah 27
- 2.8 August Bible Commentary : Isaiah 28 - Ezekiel 11
- 2.9 September Bible Commentary : Ezekiel 12 - Malachi
- 2.10 October Bible Commentary : Matthew 1 - Luke 22
- 2.11 November Bible Commentary : Luke 23 - I Corinthians 10
- 2.12 December Bible Commentary : I Corinthians 11 - Revelation 22
- 2.13 How to help in this project
Today's Bible Commentary
February, 28 - Daily Devotions
- Numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
In verses 1-8 of chapter 22 we are given the law of brotherhood. We may note in verse 5 that God gives instructions that women and men should not put on each other's apparel. Ignoring the distinctive place of male and female as intended by God was an abomination.
In verses 9-12 of chapter 22 the law emphasizing separation is given. Common distinctions in everyday life are presented to emphasize the need of separation from evil, and devotion to the Lord. In the New Testament we read in II Corinthians 6:11 and 7:1 where God emphasizes again the need of separation of His people from the world. Togetherness with the world only blights the testimony of a Christian and hurts his dedication to and effectiveness for the Lord. Guard your testimony, and strive daily to live the life which God has called you to live, that the name of Jesus Christ might be honored and glorified in everything you do.
Finally, in chapter 24, laws are given concerning divorce. Verses 1-4 record the Mosaic concession on divorce. This was not a commandment, as the Pharisees who encountered Jesus wrongly concluded (Matthew 19:7,8), but merely a concession. That is, it was something which Moses allowed because of the hardness of the hearts of the people of Israel (cf. Matthew 5:31,32; 19:3-12; I Corinthians 7:10-15). We are living in a day when people take the holy acts of matrimony very lightly. God's instructions concerning divorce still stand. I am very fearful for our country, unless we return to God's teachings and principles concerning marriage and the home. Strong homes and churches are the foundations for any great country, and my heart aches because of what I see in our homes and churches today. My prayer is that God will send a revival to the home and to our local churches, that we might again turn from our wicked ways and turn to God for His leadership. I trust you will join with me in this prayer.
One Year Bible Reading Plan and Commentary
Bible Commentary January : Genesis 1 - Leveticus 3
February Bible Commentary : Leveticus 4 - Deuteronomy 24
March Bible Commentary Devotional comments on Deuteronomy 25-I Samuel 29
April Bible Commentary : I Samuel 30 - I Chronicles 6
May Bible Commentary : I Chronicles 7 - Job 11
June Bible Commentary : Job 12 - Psalms 102
July Bible Commentary : Psalms 103 - Isaiah 27
August Bible Commentary : Isaiah 28 - Ezekiel 11
September Bible Commentary : Ezekiel 12 - Malachi
October Bible Commentary : Matthew 1 - Luke 22
November Bible Commentary : Luke 23 - I Corinthians 10
December Bible Commentary : I Corinthians 11 - Revelation 22
How to help in this project
Please help us improve, add wiki internal links, correct any typos or errors and make any corrections, and or additions to improve the daily devotions section.
Steps in importing the content
- Find any potential internal linkable text and add the links
- Find any red links, search in the wiki and see if Easton's Bible Dictionary has any content related to a red linked text in which case, you can create a page redirect to EBD page.
- Please note that the wiki templates are automatically set to change date based on the server date and time function and no need to manually do anything other than import the data from the source page
Missing daily devotions
The following files are missing and need to be created with appropriate content